The Note 7 Specs Detailed

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Sam Mobile reports that the Gnote 7 could come with an Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 processor.
Qualcomm says that the Snapdragon 821 delivers a 10 percent improvement in performance over its predecessor as well as greater power efficiency and application performance. The Qualcomm Kryo quad-core CPU reaches speeds of up to 2.4GHz but it has the same X12 LTE modem as the Snapdragon 820. The company hasn’t said which devices will be powered by this processor but does mention that we can expect commercial devices powered by the 821 in the second half of this year. The Galaxy Note 7 fits in that timeline perfectly. Samsung mass produced the Snapdragon 820 for Qualcomm on its 14nm LPP process but it’s unclear at this point in time if it’s going to be mass producing the Snapdragon 821 as well.

Source

Last edited:

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
"Minor" is relative for sure. People's requirements are different. I have a pool. I go to the beach a lot. A "minor" upgrade adding IP68 is quite important to me. Maybe not to you, which is totally fine.

My point is simply this: Having the imaginary 830 processor, or 6GB of RAM would almost definitely NOT be a major upgrade in any real day-to-day use of the phone at this point IMO. Many here seem to be seeking those higher specs , implying that would qualify as some MAJOR upgrade. The lowest specs rumored for the Note 7 should be plenty impressive in day to day use of the phone, unless Samsung regresses in their software (which has been known to happen, just not recently).

I can understand not being able to justify upgrading from a GS7 Edge or a Note 5. These are expensive phones. Their value is determined by what is important to each customer.

For me as a Note 5 user, the improvements I get with a Note 7 are IP68, a bigger battery, improved camera, adding the SD slot back, and probably a nicer screen (Samsung always manages to improve). This seems very attractive to me - even as a Note 5 user.

Hold on, hold on, hold on, I stand corrected. I completely forgot about the water resistance rating.

Posted via the Android Central App

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Will You Fork Over the Cash?

Two "rumors" (but reported on multiple sites) circulating about the Note 7 is 1) the cost, and 2) the variants. There are websites stating the Verizon Note 7 will be "watered down" to 4 GB RAM. I'm a Verizon customer, and I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick. All other carriers will sell the Note 7 with "rumored" 6 or "rumored" 7 GB RAM. That's my first gripe.

My second issue is the price. Choose whichever website you wish, and costs are north of £900 / $1000. What would really send me off of the deep end is if Verizon sold its variant (watered down) for the same price as the other big three carriers. Also, I'm trying to maintain a rational train of thought and really put the cost into prospective.

I have a Samsung laptop with an i5 processor, a 1 terabyte hard drive, and 8 GB RAM. The cost was about $600. During a recent visit to Best Buy I noticed that there are laptops with an i7 processor for sale under a grand.

I remember back in the late 90's up until maybe 2003 a phone that cost $199.99 was a BIG purchase with many people opting for a free Nokia. Fast forward to 2016 and cellphones are actually exceeding a grand. I'm 36 years old and probably older than most individuals on this site, but even ten years ago, the idea of dropping one thousand dollars on a cellphone was so outlandish no one gave it a second thought. No way a phone will EVER be that expensive.

The advent of fast processors, loads of memory, lots of RAM, and the plethora of other bells and whistles one can expect from today's smart phone justifies a hike in cost, but morally, I don't think I'm willing to fork over a grand on a phone. I think the Note 7 is simply awesome (aside from the "rumored" Verizon variant).

If the Verizon rumor proves true, I will not invest in the Note 7. Instead, the two rumored Nexus devices are (again rumored) supposedly getting the SoC 821 which is a 10% efficiency increase over the 820 processor. The Nexus devices will likely cap off at 4 GB RAM but the price will likely be far less expensive than a new Note 7. I'm looking to replace my laptop with one that has newer hardware and an i7 processor. $1000 would be my expenditure cap on a new computer unless a better model was on some great sale; then I'd pay a little extra.

So my question to the members of this page is, "Will the speculated cost of the Note 7 deter you from buying one, or is having the latest and greatest equipment on the market more important than cost? I really want to hear from AC members if cost has become an irrelevant element in buying the best of the best in an ever-changing environment where the evolution of cellphone technology simply advances rapidly making that "beast" you bought for a grand obsolete a year later. I can't convince myself the cost is justified.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will You Fork Over the Cash?

Why in the world would the Verizon version only have 4GB of ram and all other carriers 6GB?

Maybe the Verizon model is coming with the new Pentium 4 processor? :p

I'm stuck on Verizon and hoping for the best. :-\

Yes, I will fork over the cash or maybe opt for the payment plan if they are including anything free like the new Gear VR for the Note 7.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Why in the world would the Verizon version only have 4GB of ram and all other carriers 6GB?

Maybe the Verizon model is coming with the new Pentium 4 processor? :p

I'm stuck on Verizon and hoping for the best. :-\

Yes, I will fork over the cash or maybe opt for the payment plan if they are including anything free like the new Gear VR for the Note 7.

I've read spec reports, but nothing that relates to why Verizon opted for 4 GB RAM. AnTuTu and Geekbench identified the Verizon model packing 4 GB. If the rumor is true, I'd like to hear a good reason.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

That would be a lot, a lot of money. Could well put me off entirely. It's not about affordability, it's about value. It would put a fairly average contract with poor included data north of £60 a month for 2 years. Madness.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I've read spec reports, but nothing that relates to why Verizon opted for 4 GB RAM. AnTuTu and Geekbench identified the Verizon model packing 4 GB. If the rumor is true, I'd like to hear a good reason.

Where have you seen 6GB on other carriers?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

The "free" phones back in the day were nothing. Plus any phone you got at any price, any additional cost went into your monthly payment plan. When you "paid off" your phone you were left with the same amount each month if you didn't trade it in. Carriers didn't tell you a thing. Now they have to and that's why there are payment plans or leases or outright buying.

I have no reason to hold onto my phones and don't want the hassle of selling, so I'd just trade it in for a new phone and do a monthly payment plan until I can Jump! to the next one. I paid an extra $100 up front for the 64GB note 5 and it was worth it.

If you use your laptop more then your phone, you don't need the newest or expensive phone. My phone is my handheld computer and entertainment center, so the cost is worth it to me. So I also choose unlimited on tmobile. My laptop is a cheap $300 one that gets used once in a while. I'll hold onto it until it dies like my last one with Widows 7.

Posted via the *Note 5*

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

If it is only 4gb and over a grand I may buy a s7edge instead. If it has 6gb I would spend the $

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

We shall see about cost. I am curious what the carriers will do with it. I plan to hopefully snag one on T-Mobile.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If you do the payment plan with Verizon can it be paid off early?

Yes but you have to pay it off in one payment. What I mean by that is you pay each month (let's say $30) but if you want to get rid of the payment you must pay the entire reaming balance -- no in-between. On T-Mobile they luckily let me toss whatever I want at it (as long as it is the minimum each month) so I can toss $100 here or $200 there till the balance is gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress