One Week To Go!

SammyOnMyMind

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm off until that following Friday, so I won't have to worry about calling in.

My ritual after setup is generally to modify my phone's system settings. Maximizing battery power is of the utmost importance to me, then phone appearance and accessibility. Things like changing the system font and adding wallpapers to downloading keyboard language packs (I speak Spanish also) and oganizing my TouchWiz options.

Apps are generally last on the list because I can go on for hours. By the time I finish everything, the initial charge from battery is gone (which is what I want). Lastly, I recharge the phone (with it still off) to full charge before turning it on again.

I'm ready for next week to get here!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well all the rumors of pre orders opening up this week at T-Mobile for August 2nd delivery looks fake as of now. Aug 2nd announcement with Aug 15 official release looks more realistic. As usual carriers will open up pre orders after announcement and T-Mobile is going to ship way early like every other Samsung flagship.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well all the rumors of pre orders opening up this week at T-Mobile for August 2nd delivery looks fake as of now. Aug 2nd announcement with Aug 15 official release looks more realistic. As usual carriers will open up pre orders after announcement and T-Mobile is going to ship way early like every other Samsung flagship.

Do you think Otterbox will have a Defender case by then so I can order one to have right away when I buy the phone? Just in case the store doesn't have the cases yet. Hopefully the imitation ones will be on amazon before release but I doubt it. I guess I'll have to spend $$$ if I want a heavy protective case if I get the phone when it's just out. I would think I could order the Defender on Amazon sooner than the stores will have it. However Otterbox doesn't even having a coming soon photo on their website so I doubt a defender will be in stores on release or even sold on amazon.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you think Otterbox will have a Defender case by then so I can order one to have right away when I buy the phone? Just in case the store doesn't have the cases yet. Hopefully the imitation ones will be on amazon before release but I doubt it. I guess I'll have to spend $$$ if I want a heavy protective case if I get the phone when it's just out. I would think I could order the Defender on Amazon sooner than the stores will have it. However Otterbox doesn't even having a coming soon photo on their website so I doubt a defender will be in stores on release or even sold on amazon.

Not sure :) .... I'm more of a slim case or no case guy. I would say buy some case out of Amazon which you like until otterbox releases. You have 30 days to return on Amazon so if otterbox releases something in that time then you can return the one you bought.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not sure :) .... I'm more of a slim case or no case guy. I would say buy some case out of Amazon which you like until otterbox releases. You have 30 days to return on Amazon so if otterbox releases something in that time then you can return the one you bought.

True. The only one that really has a built in screen protector that is out already is Supcase Unicorn Beetle. I don't consider it that heavy of a duty case. I've had it for my S7 I have now and the not 5. I would NOT trust dropping my phone with it and it's made cheap but better than nothing I guess. I might wait a few weeks too then to buy the phone until I get my hands on a good case. Spending possibly $800 and using a cheap arse case is not worth it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Customize ....

As for storage and available options, depending on price, as much storage as possible. I would love at least 128 gb but I do not believe Verizon would ever provide that option.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So in celebration of Aug. 2 being a week away, I wanted to know what was the first thing you'll do with your phone when you get it?

And a bonus question: IF they offer storage selection, what route will you go?

This is a post for people who want to have fun, so all snark or Note 7 hate, I'd kindly ask you to remain OUTSIDE of the velvet rope. Thanks LOL
Set it up exactly like my Note 3 which will take about 20 hours over the course of a week. Setting up apps (app data) is what takes all the time.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I do. Otter has ALWAYS had cases ready to go at any major phone launch since I worked telecom.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
What are the chances that this could be sold out by all carriers by the end of the week? Assuming it is released the same day or a few days later. I'm sure it would be on backorder for sometime. I'm in no major hurry but sometime before I go in vacation in September.

Posted via the Android Central App

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
What are the chances that this could be sold out by all carriers by the end of the week? Assuming it is released the same day or a few days later. I'm sure it would be on backorder for sometime. I'm in no major hurry but sometime before I go in vacation in September.

Posted via the Android Central App

You'll be fine. Promise.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I bought my S7 about a week after it hit the stores. I only have one Tmobile store within 25 miles from, all the other ones are near Sarasota and in Lee county so I called the only one which is in the mall and they were out of them. However they told me UPS had a shipment and they'd have more the next day which they did.

Does the Note line generally sell as well as the S7, S7 edge line on release?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought my S7 about a week after it hit the stores. I only have one Tmobile store within 25 miles from, all the other ones are near Sarasota and in Lee county so I called the only one which is in the mall and they were out of them. However they told me UPS had a shipment and they'd have more the next day which they did.

Does the Note line generally sell as well as the S7, S7 edge line on release?

The Note definitely doesn't hurt from sales but the Galaxy S series usually sells a lot more.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That is what I figured. I see a lot more people with the S line than the Note line. Just like the Iphone I don't see as many people lugging the huge 6/S Plus around like i do the regular sized Iphone

I doubt Samsung figures to sell as many Notes as compared to the S line. To be honest I don't see a ton of people with Note 5s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress