Upset With Samsung's Bait And Switch

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
But does the cooler international version support 4g LTE for T-Mobile. It has to support band 12 I believe. I haven't had much luck with international phone or I am buying the wrong one.

From what I have seen many Tmo subscribers have good luck with international version phones. Obviously you will need to check the radios equipped once the international version is available to ensure it has what you need.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
From what I have seen many Tmo subscribers have good luck with international version phones. Obviously you will need to check the radios equipped once the international version is available to ensure it has what you need.

Darn, I guess I been buying the wrong one. This time around you get more free gifts with the U.S version. Do you know by any chance if the international version get free gifts as well since I'm not familiar with stores or carriers outside of the U.S.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Darn, I guess I been buying the wrong one. This time around you get more free gifts with the U.S version. Do you know by any chance if the international version get free gifts as well since I'm not familiar with stores or carriers outside of the U.S.

Hard to say. Usually they are available later on so any promotions available at launch would most likely be expired

Posted via the Android Central App

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
It's funny that Canadians are upset over getting the Qualcomm chip yet I keep seeing the uk news sites saying they are upset that they are getting the "inferior" Exynos chip.

Seems there's a group for each chipset who would rather have the latter

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It's funny that Canadians are upset over getting the Qualcomm chip yet I keep seeing the uk news sites saying they are upset that they are getting the "inferior" Exynos chip.

Seems there's a group for each chipset who would rather have the latter

Humans simply aren't happy if they aren't complaining! :p

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Exynos is faster and has longer battery life...If there was a way to get the Exynos version somehow I would still be more interested in the new Note than the iPhone. If I'm stuck with the Snapdragon chip then forget about it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Canadians were under the impression we would be getting the Exynos version of the Note 7 (just as we got the Exynos version of all other Samsung phones). Now I find out we are getting the inferior Snapdragon version. iPhones already are faster than phones running on Exynos let alone Snapdragon. And to think I was going to finally switch to Samsung after being a loyal Apple fan for years. Samsung messed up with this move!!

That isn't "bait and switch" That is you expecting something with no word from samsung...

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Exynos is faster and has longer battery life...If there was a way to get the Exynos version somehow I would still be more interested in the new Note than the iPhone. If I'm stuck with the Snapdragon chip then forget about it.

Having tested the Exynos S7 Edge vs. my SD820 S7 Edge, in real world usage, the difference is not noticeable. Also, I had a work iPhone 6S. Yes, it's quicker, but the Samsungs are more than fast enough. I haven't seen anyone complaining about the S7 being slow. At some point you have to ask yourself how much does the speed really impact your daily usage if it's very quick rather than very, very quick.

The iPhone lacks so many useful features compared to the Note, and is so much bigger physically than the Note, yet with a smaller, far inferior screen. Surely these things should matter more? At least try it out before you rule it out, because having used both, I can tell you it's highly unlikely you'll notice.

Posted via the Android Central App