Sprint Note 7 shipping status

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Wow I can't believe the amount of people who are saying "I'll never preorder again."

Pre ordering simply means you are promised a phone. It does NOT mean you'll get it early, get it on time, or get it before the release or by the release.

I'm not one to be doing all this over a phone, but I can see where some ppl are coming from. Maybe it's not put forth right, but it's how they see things. Part of your statement is true. Preorder does not mean you will get it early (unless stated) BUT it do mean a person will/shall get it when it's released to the public.

Also it's not up to the customer to figure out how a company means things. It's up to the company to put out clear advertising on its products. Most companies put info out so that a 6th grader can understand it. The way All of the carriers handle this phone was a little disappointing. My only concern tho is Sprint since they are my carrier. They have ppl emails and/or order numbers. They could have shot off a mass "Sorry for the confusion" 140 character text to everyone explaining if it was indeed some confusion. They knew it was going to be a big launch so to get ahead of it, they could have (if they didn't) hire some temp workers for this launch. It's a lesson learned I hope. Let's see how smoothly the iPhone launch goes now.

It's never good to leave customers in the dark. Some will get it but the majority won't.

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You make a good point as well but you do say "when it's released to the public" which it hasn't yet. I'll hammer Sprint with the best of them but they have broken no promises yet. Even if a bunch of us still don't have tracking numbers.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not one to be doing all this over a phone, but I can see where some ppl are coming from. Maybe it's not put forth right, but it's how they see things. Part of your statement is true. Preorder does not mean you will get it early (unless stated) BUT it do mean a person will/shall get it when it's released to the public.

Also it's not up to the customer to figure out how a company means things. It's up to the company to put out clear advertising on its products. Most companies put info out so that a 6th grader can understand it. The way All of the carriers handle this phone was a little disappointing. My only concern tho is Sprint since they are my carrier. They have ppl emails and/or order numbers. They could have shot off a mass "Sorry for the confusion" 140 character text to everyone explaining if it was indeed some confusion. They knew it was going to be a big launch so to get ahead of it, they could have (if they didn't) hire some temp workers for this launch. It's a lesson learned I hope. Let's see how smoothly the iPhone launch goes now.

It's never good to leave customers in the dark. Some will get it but the majority won't.

Well said.
Someone mentioned on an earlier post, this is like Christmas for some folk. Yea waiting sucks. But whats even more frustrating is not knowing for certain, and getting different info from the same company. We all know Christmas is on the 25th. We can count down impatiently KNOWING its the 25th, the date wont change...With the phone, first status says it will be shipped on or before 8/17, while at the same time agents telling customers they will get it on launch date. Then that same EXACT status somehow gets modified. Sprint didn't add a new status they changed the pre-existing one (which IMO is shady). We call sprint back get another controversial answer, "yes its already been shipped, probably with UPS, you will get a tracking number when UPS gets it" (wait what?) lol

If this were a mom or pop company understandable. But a multimillion dollar company that has been around for years. Come on. If AMAZON can do it so can Sprint. IJS. Amazon promises 2 day shipping for prime. I've had the local post office knocking on my door on a sunday morning to delivery Amazon package. Not even an expensive package. a $14 water bottle. I was so surprised that i asked the mail-lady if USPS works sundays now, her answer "only for amazon". And if for any odd reason amazon cant deliver they will send an email asking if you still want it....
Common courtesy goes a long way, even for a company.

Its ok to spoil yourself and act like a kid virtually just keep your grown up game on lock in the real world.
I'm down with the b*** as long as no one is personally offended.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Well said.
Someone mentioned on an earlier post, this is like Christmas for some folk. Yea waiting sucks. But whats even more frustrating is not knowing for certain, and getting different info from the same company. We all know Christmas is on the 25th. We can count down impatiently KNOWING its the 25th, the date wont change...With the phone, first status says it will be shipped on or before 8/17, while at the same time agents telling customers they will get it on launch date. Then that same EXACT status somehow gets modified. Sprint didn't add a new status they changed the pre-existing one (which IMO is shady). We call sprint back get another controversial answer, "yes its already been shipped, probably with UPS, you will get a tracking number when UPS gets it" (wait what?) lol

If this were a mom or pop company understandable. But a multimillion dollar company that has been around for years. Come on. If AMAZON can do it so can Sprint. IJS. Amazon promises 2 day shipping for prime. I've had the local post office knocking on my door on a sunday morning to delivery Amazon package. Not even an expensive package. a $14 water bottle. I was so surprised that i asked the mail-lady if USPS works sundays now, her answer "only for amazon". And if for any odd reason amazon cant deliver they will send an email asking if you still want it....
Common courtesy goes a long way, even for a company.

Its ok to spoil yourself and act like a kid virtually just keep your grown up game on lock in the real world.
I'm down with the b*** as long as no one is personally offended.

Yea the whole preorder first...get your tracking info last, preorder last get your tracking info first thing was odd as hell to me. I preordered on the 3rd around 10/11 am central time and just received my info around 3-3:15am today! And it's saying waiting on UPS to pick it up....lol As long as I get it by end of business day on the 19th.....I'm good. Anytime after that, depending on my mood, Sprint and I might have a small problem lol. It's about principal. I believe if you **** up you fix it. If it can't be fixed then you show you truly are apologetic and make amends in some way. Good bussiness. But when you mess up on a large scale, chapter 7 or 13 might be in your future lol.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well i am talking to the verizon store today again as they will match my sprint plan. Ive been with them 14 years now and this is the 3rd time i have ordered something on the 1st day and not got it. I woke up to NO EMAIL and NOTHING on the site but that pre orders will ship out on the 17th and today is the 18th. It is not acceptable anymore. I was charged Tax weeks ago and when you pre order on the 1st day that should mean something like it does with the other companies. When i am off work around 1PM if nothing still i will call the other department and let them know this is it for me and sprint. 10 lines of service paying every month on time for 14 years and treated like this for me is not acceptable.

Rant over time for work.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I got a shipping label but it hasn't been picked up from ups yet....sorry guys that phone will not coming till tomorrow at least not for me.. whatever it's just a phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Well i am talking to the verizon store today again as they will match my sprint plan. Ive been with them 14 years now and this is the 3rd time i have ordered something on the 1st day and not got it. I woke up to NO EMAIL and NOTHING on the site but that pre orders will ship out on the 17th and today is the 18th. It is not acceptable anymore. I was charged Tax weeks ago and when you pre order on the 1st day that should mean something like it does with the other companies. When i am off work around 1PM if nothing still i will call the other department and let them know this is it for me and sprint. 10 lines of service paying every month on time for 14 years and treated like this for me is not acceptable.

Rant over time for work.

That makes no sense you should have gotten something buy now

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
No changes! Getting a little nervous! Making me feel like I shouldve just purchased at the store on Friday.

Attachments

• 11406.jpg
    11406.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 65
Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Dang.....looks like I was right. Those of us who ordered early might get them last....lol

Who has ordered between the 3rd and the 10th and received tracking info? If any, what state/city are you in?

I ordered on the 3rd...around 10/11 in the morning and I don't have nada.
I'm in Northwest Indiana.

I ordered the third at 9am for blue corral, didn't get my conformation until 1am from West virginia

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No changes! Getting a little nervous! Making me feel like I shouldve just purchased at the store on Friday.

Meh. I've been in stores on the day of release, both Best Buy and Sprint... Have NO time or desire to deal with that, much rather have the phone delivered to my front porch.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Same ordered the 3rd which is not acceptable and they will hear from me today. 14 years and the 3rd pre order they have done this to me on.

Tikal769

May 28, 2013
Visit site
What hurts is i got tracking info for my black N7 yesterday around 1pm but as of this morning its still hasn't been picked up by ups.
2 day shipping so i guess i wont see it til monday :confused:

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What hurts is i got tracking info for my black N7 yesterday around 1pm but as of this morning its still hasn't been picked up by ups.
2 day shipping so i guess i wont see it til monday :confused:

I just got an UPS update that moved my expected delivery date from tomorrow to Monday.:-\

Joshua Dudash

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Ordered Coral Blue on 8/3.
No updates besides them changing the status message to reflect how they ship out the pre-orders based on date.
No tracking number or anything else.

I didn't pay for overnight shipping or anything, but it sucks when they say it will ship by 8/17 and we still don't know a thing on the 18th.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just received the same update with a new expected delivery date of Monday, 8/22. I'm trying to stay calm by repeating to myself that it's just a phone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38