iPhone 6s Plus to Note 7?

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess I don't understand what you mean by "productivity"..what does Android offer for productivity that iphone does not?

Both have office apps...google docs...great email..multiple ways to text/sms/chat/etc.

If by productivity you mean split the screen up, I guess I don't agree that's being really productive.

The note taking feature for Note 7 is the biggest advantage. I take a LOT of notes and so, having this available, and connecting to OneNote will be great (or Evernote for that matter)

You just contradicted yourself and you didn't even know it! :p

You can use your split screen for notetaking!

I use the split screen A LOT for watching YouTube while taking notes at the same time (I learn how to do different things for myself in order to save money; YouTube is the best! lol). Or using another app while taking notes. I could not do this on my iPhone. I better have a pen and a pad handy.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Sammie says Nougat comes in Oct/Nov to Note 7 (and will be the first Samsung device to receive the update (carriers are an unknown tho))

Yeah...That's just it...Carriers prohibit updates from happening when they should. When Apple has new updates it's the day it's announced. I know why but it's something that stinks about Android

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
You just contradicted yourself and you didn't even know it! :p

I use the split screen A LOT for watching YouTube while taking notes at the same time (I learn how to do different things for myself in order to save money; YouTube is the best! lol). Or using another app while taking notes. I could not do this on my iPhone. I better have a pen and a pad handy.

Well no I didn't. The note taking is one thing, but splitting the screen up on a 5.5 screen to me isn't productivity...that's just me. I can't be productive when the screen is now 2.75 inches and there's 2 of them,

Yes the Note taking is an advantage...but for common tasks like using Office, I could never use a Note for that...my eyes and fingers would be dead.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
You just contradicted yourself and you didn't even know it!

And now we have "Glance" to further improve upon this!!

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...That's just it...Carriers prohibit updates from happening when they should. When Apple has new updates it's the day it's announced. I know why but it's something that stinks about Android
Lately it has been a bit better... Smaller updates and fixes come quick enough, it is when thete is a major overhaul that comes through that it takes a little longer... Some carriers are better than others, but I can deal with it... It's not like my device becomes unusable bc I don't get the update the first day... Plus, in the past(and as of now) I am always rooted, so updates come VERY fast via that method... As fast as you can flash them... However, with Note 7,more patience may be involved, but I think OEM and carriers are gonna try to improve upon this process moving forward

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong on this, but I think the Note 7 has the option to scroll on the active note screen (via small up & down arrows) so when you fill the screen, just hit the down arrow to scroll to new space to continue... I have seen that done already on a review... Nit sure if it saves as multi pages or one note, or how the file is treated after, but I do understand it to be a way that you can continie notes beyond one screen now... I am anxious to try this oit as well, bc on my note 5 I really wanted more than one screen of note, then it wakes up...

This is correct. They have updated it as you describe. It can scroll, though I can't find the video where I saw it. I did find a screenshot showing the down arrow - which one would assume means you can scroll. Also, the new Screen off memos can be PINNED to the AoD now. So it was updated in 2 ways.

spen.png

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess I don't understand what you mean by "productivity"..what does Android offer for productivity that iphone does not?

Both have office apps...google docs...great email..multiple ways to text/sms/chat/etc.

If by productivity you mean split the screen up, I guess I don't agree that's being really productive.

The note taking feature for Note 7 is the biggest advantage. I take a LOT of notes and so, having this available, and connecting to OneNote will be great (or Evernote for that matter).
Multitasking is one thing, sign and send documents, write on PDF, screen off menu, just to name a few.

Oh also, scroll capture, which lets you do a single screenshot thar is more than one actual screen on your phone. Also screen write will let you take a screenshot, write directly on it and then send it. That saves you from typing up any directions for what info needs to highlighted, edited etc.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Robust file management.

File management in iOS is an exercise in madness. 3rd Party File Managers on iOS dont cut it.

On Android you get full access to, and control over, your storage. You can plug in your Android device and copy data the way you do on any storage device. You can even create new folders and then access them from different Android apps.

To me... part of "productivity" is being able to manage my files on my phone like I can on my Mac.... which ironically, I can't with iOS.

I find Google Now a better assistant than Siri.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
This is correct. They have updated it as you describe. It can scroll, though I can't find the video where I saw it. I did find a screenshot showing the down arrow - which one would assume means you can scroll. Also, the new Screen off memos can be PINNED to the AoD now. So it was updated in 2 ways.

View attachment 234846

I remember you could write with screen off on Note 5. The issue I found from it was that the text was very dim so if I were standing outside and wanted to write someone down I couldn't really see what I was writing.

Also I love the idea of the Always On screen. I don't remember that being a feature of the Note 5. I'd like to look at the screen and see Date and Time and notifications without having to turn screen on.

However does that consume a lot of battery? Would you just be better off checking it on the phone instead?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I remember you could write with screen off on Note 5. The issue I found from it was that the text was very dim so if I were standing outside and wanted to write someone down I couldn't really see what I was writing.

Also I love the idea of the Always On screen. I don't remember that being a feature of the Note 5. I'd like to look at the screen and see Date and Time and notifications without having to turn screen on.

However does that consume a lot of battery? Would you just be better off checking it on the phone instead?

I have never had a AoD myself, this will be a first. From what I read in the threads here, it uses a surprisingly small amount of battery. We'll know soon enough :)

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 234846

That is one feature, as small as it is, that I will be using A LOT!!

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 234846
This!! Exactly what I was referring to!! Thanks for following up with more detail

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Multitasking is one thing, sign and send documents, write on PDF, screen off menu, just to name a few.

Oh die for also, scroll capture, which let's you do a single screenshot thar is more than one actual screen on your phone. Also screen write willwr you take a screenshot, write directly on it and then send it. That saves you from typing up any directions for what info needs to highlighted, edited etc.
I use these feature daily/hourly... Just can't with any other device

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

I would assume (confidently) that the with the whole screen being deep black on super amoled it would be extremely minor in battery consumption (way less than actually checking via unlock and browsing through device)

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I have never had a AoD myself, this will be a first. From what I read in the threads here, it uses a surprisingly small amount of battery. We'll know soon enough :)
I have had AoD on multiple devices (Lumias use it) and the battery use is extremely negligible... I just can't speak for Note 7 as I am still waiting for my device, but I am Super Excited about this feature being implemented on the Note 7 (I missed it from my Lumias)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also you can write a note while talking on the phone or not with tons of info that will trigger you phone to to several things automatically.

You can write down a name, phone number address, email address, save it. Tap on one section to make it add to or create a contact automatically. Tapping on the email address will pull up the email app with their email address in automatically. They physical address will pull up maps, enter the assess and you just have to hit "start navigation. Tapping on the phone number will open your dialer with the number there and you hit send. That is really good for writing down info that you will need but don't want to make them a contact and will only need once or twice.

If you need to call someone back once you just tap that info and call them. You don't have to write the info on paper and then manually dial it later. Same with an address. You write it down instead of sending yourself a text or writing on paper and then entering it into maps manually.

One feature of the notes that I liked and they removed, I think in the Note 4 and hopefully they being back.. When you are on a phone call and pull out the spen, it would bring up that action note automatically. When you save it and go back and look in your call log, there would be an icon shortcut for that particular note attached to the phone call, whether it was a contact on your phone or not. So if you didn't remember what you saved a note as or what day you did it and needed the note, look in your call log. For a call to John Doe last Friday, you took a note, but talked to him every day after, you scroll through the call log for him and you see the icon for the note by the call last Friday and tap it and open it.

I really liked having the notes saved in the call log because even if I called some store and I didn't remember the number, I could scroll through my call log for that day and find the note quickly.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Screen brightness outside shouldn't be an issue for the N7. I don't remember the number for the brightness, but the brightest out there and way brighter than the second brightest IIRC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87