Why AT&T?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The point is there is no good reason other than that's what AT&T wants and that's what they get. Samsung delivers the devices to AT&T in their box of choice. Maybe (and for the love) you'll get a fancy Samsung box you can put in a drawer or the closet and forget about it. It's a freaking box!

Yes it is a freaking box. A box that AT&T has no business messing with. I'm the type of consumer that doesn't see a purpose in carriers overstepping their bounds. They have NO reason to mess with that, and I enjoy unboxing my $850 item from packaging that looks good. I don't care if you don't feel the same way. Go ahead and continue making excuses for a billion dollar company like you work for them. They'll never thank you for it, but go ahead if it makes you feel better. I for one think they need to provide the service, take my money, and leave their hands off everything else.

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree with you. I am not going to be running around showing people my ATT box and that I am an ATT subscriber so there is no reason that i shouldn't have the original device manufacturer packaging. I get that people don't care about the box, but if you purchased a latte from Starbucks and got it in a 7/11 cup it would ruin the overall experience that Starbucks has created. I also did not receive headphones with My ATT note 3 & 4 in the ATT box and was pissed. ATT has the highest price for these phones of any carrier, and we should get the same packaging and headphones for the extra cost. They are cutting corners and saving money on packaging but not passing it in to the consumer. There boxes are crappy. It also looks nicer when selling a year later if you have the Samsung box.

THANK YOU! I am a huge fan of marketing, logo design, etc... If I'm buying a product, I want the whole experience. And to me, opening up the box the way the Samsung design team has intended, is all part of the experience. I understand if some others don't care, but if I'm buying into a product for almost $1000, I should be able to be a little particular.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why AT&T?

Yes it is a freaking box. A box that AT&T has no business messing with. I'm the type of consumer that doesn't see a purpose in carriers overstepping their bounds. They have NO reason to mess with that, and I enjoy unboxing my $850 item from packaging that looks good. I don't care if you don't feel the same way. Go ahead and continue making excuses for a billion dollar company like you work for them. They'll never thank you for it, but go ahead if it makes you feel better. I for one think they need to provide the service, take my money, and leave their hands off everything else.

Some people or most people just don't get design, asthetics, whole unboxing experience, just the principle of not messing and putting crap on a device they don't make. Unfortunate but it's what it is and that's the reason I buy unbranded phones if it's an option. Hate Samsung doesn't release unbranded version at launch in US.

Love how Apple treats these useless carriers and the carriers have no control. It must be infuriating for the carriers which is great.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why AT&T?

Some people or most people just don't get design, asthetics, whole unboxing experience, just the principle of not messing and putting crap on a device they don't make. Unfortunate but it's what it is and that's the reason I buy unbranded phones if it's an option. Hate Samsung doesn't release unbranded version at launch in US.

Love how Apple treats these useless carriers and the carriers have no control. It must be infuriating for the carriers which is great.

Agreed. Obviously the device inside is way more important to me than the dumb box, but first impressions mean something to me, and the excitement of buying a new device includes the unboxing. I like when the packaging is nice and well done. Also, I keep my boxes. I even still have the hideous AT&T box from my Note 4 two years ago.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I was with Sprint for the N4 so I also still have my beautiful wood grain look box. I'm appalled at the N5 beat up orange and white ATT box. Just dreadful!

At&t Note5

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Then turn it around, "Bruh". And show the Note 7 box with it. AT&T customers will have it soon enough. If AT&T swapped out the Note 7 USB-C OTG adapter that T Mobile is giving, for one designed for a S7E instead, that will just be bizarre.
I double checked, it is USB-C OTG. I was wrong.

836b83805d35f4dc675a3def26874fe5.jpg

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
my wife's s6 edge and s7 edge all came in the wonderful samsung packaging... they have done the note injustice since the note 1, came in the stupid at&t box... hell the phone already has the branding on it, just leave it be, and put all your stupid paperwork in it, like everyone else does.. or make it electronic.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been with att before the Palm Treo, always got my phone in Samsung boxes, with charger cord, ear phones.

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5