Which US Carrier has the least amount of Bloatware? T-Mobile?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
sprint comes with a few, sprint tv, nascar, their app store. and sprint zone(bills and usage)

I use package disabler pro (samsung) to remove anything i dont want. like facebook apps that now come preinstalled on phones

wish sprint would offer nfl access like verizon. o well
We all wish we could get NFL access... But Verizon ensured to pay to be the exclusive partner with the NFL for that

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've never used this app but am pretty curious about it for my Note 7. Does it keep bloatware/unwanted system apps disabled even through OTAs?
It says to disable the app before ota. But i forget. And honestly have never had an issue. Or had to re-disable something.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As a previous poster mentioned, Package Disabler Pro is the antidote for Samsung owners that can't/won't root, but want total control over bloatware.

It's a brilliant app that just takes this issue off the table.

Just buy it and be done.
If by total control, you mean disable and not remove then, yes.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Then what's the point of the app? Without it you can already go to the apps and disable... At least I could on my LG G3 on AT&T. I just hated knowing it was still there and unable to delete apps like Amazon, etc.

If by total control, you mean disable and not remove then, yes.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Then what's the point of the app? Without it you can already go to the apps and disable... At least I could on my LG G3 on AT&T. I just hated knowing it was still there and unable to delete apps like Amazon, etc.
Thats the thing about carrier bloatware. Sometimes you choose disable or uninstall and it magically pops up again. Thats the issue i have with my lg g2 (i use it as an mp3) on airplane mode and yet sprint **** keeps coming back. With this app. You wont see the icons or know its there. Wont show up on application list either.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On Verizon in the past, not all apps could be disabled in the app manager.

Keep in mind disabling some system apps in package disabler could have negative repercussions.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Only been with AT&T & T-Mobile, switched to T-Mobile about 9 months ago, T-Mobile has less bloatware on the phones. I also got my unlimited data back and 7GB of mobile hotspot for tethering. Before making a switch, check their coverage maps to see if the places you normally travel to have good coverage or not. I haven't had any issues since I've switched to T-Mobile... not that I had any with AT&T.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
wish sprint would offer nfl access like verizon. o well

I wish Verizon would stop putting it on phones. I don't want that garbage wasting space on my phone. First thing I always disable on my phone is that NFL app followed by the Facebook app. Unfortunately the Facecrap app always re-enables itself every time you restart the phone. Annoying Verizon re-activating their bloatware after you disable it.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
On Verizon in the past, not all apps could be disabled in the app manager.

Keep in mind disabling some system apps in package disabler could have negative repercussions.

^^ This ^^

There are many apps you can't even see within the stock App Manager on VZW, crapware and otherwise. In Package Disabler Pro, you get access to everything, much like you do with root.

Also agree that you must be careful with this app. I never use the "Disable All Bloatware" function - some Samsung owners had issues with this. I go in can hand-select the offending apps.

As with a previous poster, I've never turned off Package Disabler Pro prior to an OTA update as you are supposed to do. I've yet to have a hiccup with that. It's going on my N7 right away.

Acapella75

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
So I usually don't get carrier phones, but my current phone's USB port is slowly dying and the Note 7 being round the corner is probably going to be my next phone.

I'm with AT&T, I have no qualms about switching providers ... I think T-Mobile has the least amount of bloat, but I'm not certain. How many apps does T-Mobile put on their Galaxy phones?

I posted this in another thread but I will say it here, I just got back from an AT&T store. They had a Note 7 on display and I was playing with it. I gave me the option to remove all of the AT&T stuff and a majority of the Samsung apps.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in another thread but I will say it here, I just got back from an AT&T store. They had a Note 7 on display and I was playing with it. I gave me the option to remove all of the AT&T stuff and a majority of the Samsung apps.
By remove you mean completely uninstall?

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I looked at the Ice Blue version they had just put on display at the Verizon store by me and was pleasantly surprised by how few bloatware apps Samsung allowed on their Note 7. Very lean and professional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith