Wet-Install Screen Protectors - How Do They Feel?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I installed the IQ shield on my Note 7. I can't get the corners and some of the edge to stay down. It's been over 14 hours since install. I tried to put a Spigen case on and it caused the corners to come up again. On to the next protector.....

I'd say on to the next case. Unless you want a screen protector that doesn't reach all the way down, any case will lift the edges.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've tried two different Ringke cases and one Spigen. It's not the case.

You need either a case that doesn't go up to the edge of the glass or a protector that doesn't go all the way down the curve. Either way you'll end up with a portion 'unprotected'. These are tighter curves than the ones on the S7 Edge, so it's gonna be harder to find a good balance, but yeah, it's both accessories' fault. If you like the protector, you'll have to find a case that works with it. From review's I've seen from other protectors, however, I'd say you're better off keeping this one and finding a case.

I was able to avoid mine peeling up with this, maybe it'll help:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...our-case-peeling-off-edges-check-out-tip.html

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You need either a case that doesn't go up to the edge of the glass or a protector that doesn't go all the way down the curve. Either way you'll end up with a portion 'unprotected'. These are tighter curves than the ones on the S7 Edge, so it's gonna be harder to find a good balance, but yeah, it's both accessories' fault. If you like the protector, you'll have to find a case that works with it. From review's I've seen from other protectors, however, I'd say you're better off keeping this one and finding a case.

I was able to avoid mine peeling up with this, maybe it'll help:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...our-case-peeling-off-edges-check-out-tip.html

Yeah thanks for the info. I ordered a slickwrap helmitca skin for the back. Honestly, I like the feel of this phone so much I may just do the screen protector and the wrap.

jeffg9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Zagg today at Best Buy and so far I hate it. Picks up all the oil from my fingers every time I use it. So the screen constantly has a haze on it. Annoying. Also started pulling up when I put a minimal case on it.

Same here. Also when I pulled the plastic off the protector came up a little too. Got too many bubbles under it. Can't get them out. When I put it in the case the edges all came up. Now it has lint under the edges. I ended up pulling it off. Waste of 30 bucks!

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone try the supcase beetle pro with the iq shield yet? The supcase has the hard plastic go on from the from of the phone then the phone goes inside the back of the case. Maybe this will prevent the screen cover from lifting.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Purchase a Zagg at Best Buy today and number one the corners were lifting as soon as I put the case on and number two I didn't like how the protector made everything sensitive but in a bad way but took it off right away wouldn't recommend

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have the iq shield with the unicorn beetle pro and it works perfect, because the hard plastic front of the case snaps on the phone first. Holding the screen cover in place while you put it in yhe back of the case. Not sure it will come off with the same results though.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the skinomi brand screen protectors?

Posted via the Android Central App

I ordered https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5348655. It'll arrive today. I'll install it tomorrow and will report back. Now that people actually have their Note 7's, the reviews aren't looking pretty. I think I may ditch matte screen protectors forever and get a tempered glass one, or have someone at a mall kiosk install something for me.

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried the skinomi brand screen protectors?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes...I have one on my S7. I don't like it at all, you can have it. It's a typical film skin, stick, rubbery, orange peel. On the plus I have the case friendly version and it stays down, no lifting of the edges. Bubbles/imperfections mostly went away the next day, totally after a week.

My opinion is based on comparison to a tempered glass standard which we can't use on S7s. It will NOT give you a feel like that so if that's your comparison benchmark then look elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95