Hello everyone! Former Android user turned Iphone user coming back to Android after 5 long years. I'm interested in moving my music and whatever else I can from my iPhone. I saw a video showing how to transfer with smart switch using a usb otg cable, but before I get one of those, will the usb c to USB adapter packed with the Note 7 do the same job?
    Thanks in advance!
    08-18-2016 03:55 PM
    Yup, just plug in your iPhone to the OTG adapter in the Note 7's box. No need for extra cables.
    08-18-2016 03:58 PM
    Hello everyone! Former Android user turned Iphone user coming back to Android after 5 long years. I'm interested in moving my music and whatever else I can from my iPhone. I saw a video showing how to transfer with smart switch using a usb otg cable, but before I get one of those, will the usb c to USB adapter packed with the Note 7 do the same job?
    Thanks in advance!

I will also be returning to android after several hears using an iPhone and am looking for the best way to possibly transfer photos and contacts. Any suggestions on the easier way to do this without losing anything?
    08-18-2016 04:01 PM
    do you use apple music? if so just downloading the app moves everything
    08-18-2016 04:01 PM
    I will also be returning to android after several hears using an iPhone and am looking for the best way to possibly transfer photos and contacts. Any suggestions on the easier way to do this without losing anything?
    smartswitch does all of this. plug in your USB connector that you get with your note and plug into your old phone and it's done.

or you could sync everything via google photos. download the app and it all syncs
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-18-2016 04:02 PM
    do you use apple music? if so just downloading the app moves everything
    I don't use Apple Music, but I had no idea it worked on Android. Thanks for the info!
    08-18-2016 04:15 PM
    Yup, while Smart Switch does it all, I strongly suggest (no matter which OS you're using) to back up at least your contacts on your Google account. Keeps everything in sync, available anywhere, and makes switching devices a breeze. I'd do the same with pictures, but some don't like that.
    08-18-2016 04:16 PM
    Yup, while Smart Switch does it all, I strongly suggest (no matter which OS you're using) to back up at least your contacts on your Google account. Keeps everything in sync, available anywhere, and makes switching devices a breeze. I'd do the same with pictures, but some don't like that.
    I will be upgrading via jump so using smart switch doesn't seem like an option since I have to turn in my current phone to receive my new phone tomorrow. I'll have to look into the best way to back up my contacts and photos to my google account then I suppose.
    08-18-2016 05:03 PM
    I will be upgrading via jump so using smart switch doesn't seem like an option since I have to turn in my current phone to receive my new phone tomorrow. I'll have to look into the best way to back up my contacts and photos to my google account then I suppose.
    That's the reason I did the preorder versus going in store. I didn't want to turn my iPhone in on the spot. Now I can switch over everything and turn the phone in when I'm finished.
    08-18-2016 05:09 PM
    I've already downloaded Google photos, so I'm good to go there. I guess I'm mostly interested in getting my music from the iPhone to the note.

And a dumb question:
    Since I won't have the memory card right away, will it be difficult to transfer music from the phone's memory to the sd card once I get it?
    08-18-2016 05:52 PM
    You have just ascended new heights and will become...A Legend.

TheLegoJoker likes this.
    08-18-2016 05:59 PM
    IIRC you can request to 'hold' the device up to 14 days, they just put a credit hold on your account.

Also, you can use Smart Switch in your computer if I'm not mistaken, and back up the old device there, then just hook up the new one to the computer to download stuff. (Not sure if this just works for same-device back ups, however, I haven't used it on a PC).
    08-18-2016 06:04 PM
    What about me?

I have 127gb used on my iPhone and the Note only has 64gb. Yes, I know the number is 50 something.

Assuming I have my 256gb card, what happens then?

What will get transferred where?

Since there is no adoptable storage, will this transfer know what to transfer to the SD card and what to keep internal?

ETA: I don't use any cloud service for photos/videos. I especially don't want google to have access. I don't care if it is free for life. I do my own backups but I also like to keep a lot of movies/pics and music stored (Spotify offline ~45gb).
    08-18-2016 06:57 PM
    As long as you're using the storage for media files, the SD card will do just fine. It's only apps' main files (and depending on the dev, some extra app files) that won't go on the SD card, but if your iPhone is full just of music, videos, and pictures, you can still keep those on the SD card and keep your phone's internal memory free for other stuff. I still recommend taking pictures to internal memory and only move to SD card once you have your back up.
    08-19-2016 11:33 AM