Did you submit for your Pre-Order Bonus (256 GB SD / Gear Fit 2 / Netflix)? Post Here!

I went for...

• Total voters

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Plus why would an SD card come in that big of a box?

Definitely seems suspect. I'm not saying the guy is lying or anything like that, but just seems really odd. He's either the luckiest guy in this entire promotion period (certainly possible) or we're being hustled here.

On a side note, I just got my shipping email from Samsung which is crazy because I never got a tracking number for my phone, and my Samsung Promotion thing said it was in route days ago (which is obvious it wasn't, that was already a well known fact).

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah, you can order stuff directly from Sammy...but there's no reason to doubt one or two slipped through. People seem to forget that it happens all the time with stuff. There is always a few people that slip through the cracks. Just from memory, it happened with the S4, S5, S6, Note5, S7's and there was at least one who got it a few days early with the Note 7 (that we know of...& there's probably more). No doubt it happened way before that as well. Bottom line is people seem to be shocked that it actually does occasionally happen, even with promos. He ordered his N7 directly from Samsung...so who knows, maybe that helped him slip through the cracks.

No reason to doubt him at all....and keep in mind, a vast majority of people who buy phones and take part in promos....never even use forums. Very small fraction of users/owners that frequent forums like this.
Yeah if you ordered directly from Samsung, you would get ya free gift Sent right away so he no longer counts....no one has actually received their free gifts who got their phones from actual cellphone providers.....

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
How about we all just say where we ordered our phones from?

Black Onyx Note 7 from Sprint
Submitted for Gear Fit 2 on the 20th
Status is sitting at "on route". No tracking number yet

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
How about we all just say where we ordered our phones from?

Black Onyx Note 7 from Sprint
Submitted for Gear Fit 2 on the 20th
Status is sitting at "on route". No tracking number yet
Ordered from tmobile
Blue submitted gift Aug 19th
Status "in route"

Tisha722

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
*2 Silver Note 7 from Verizon
*Submitted for two Gear Fit 2 on 18th
*Received approval emails on 19th
*Signed up for FedEx Manager 20th
*Samsung site showed in route 21st
*FedEx Manager showed the tracking numbers on 22nd with anticipated delivery for today 24th (still showing label created)
*Received email today with tracking number from Samsung

brlim02

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happened to me and the confirmation email had someone else's name . When I called to ask them about it, they wouldnt tell me what address my memory card was being shipped to, but it wasnt my home or work address.

Mike, try registering with Samsung (as in for samsung pay/samsung account) using the same email address that you applied for the gift with. The important part is to go into your account settings and either fix your address or enter it in from there. I called samsung again over the weekend and confirmed that they have an address on file for me now, after calling samsung 3 times (whereas the 2nd rep said they didnt and the email he told me he was sending me to change my address never came).

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Plus why would an SD card come in that big of a box?
I don't have to lie Craig. Jk
This is what I think happened. I ordered my tmobile Note 7 through Samsung on the 3rd. They told me they didn't know when they were going to ship my phone when I called them on the 19th. I canceled the order and went to a tmobile store to buy my phone. Registered my phone on the 19th. I think they had packed my phone and card in the box before I had canceled. When they found out I canceled took my phone out of the box and shipped my card. If you look at the box that my card was in, it has a lithium ion battery warning.

e0ac392e074cf14c2066514123e0cb05.jpg

3b4d908226cbd2cdf3d0fafe0df93b39.jpg
f4ef6680223ddc5b2c5f44aaa90ac3d1.jpg
35080b409c6ff9997630bdfe9b0a8cdb.jpg

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I think I'll probably get tracking info sometime tomorrow. Mine says the same. The confirmation e-mail that it had been approved came 2 days after it was actually approved so I'm hoping the timeline is similar for the tracking info given that mine was changed to "in route" 2 days ago.

Herwick

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Silver Note 7 from Verizon Submitted for a Gear Fit 2 on 17th. Received approval email on 18th Samsung site showed approved and in route on tge 19th or 20th. Got an email with tracking number this morning with a delivery date of today 24th by end of day. FedEx usually comes before noon and it's almost 7 so I dont see it coming today. FedEx site shows anticipated ship date 22nd with expected delivery 24th. Only says label created, shipment info sent to Fedex.

Posted via the Android Central App

shaabnp

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I don't have to lie Craig. Jk
This is what I think happened. I ordered my tmobile Note 7 through Samsung on the 3rd. They told me they didn't know when they were going to ship my phone when I called them on the 19th. I canceled the order and went to a tmobile store to buy my phone. Registered my phone on the 19th. I think they had packed my phone and card in the box before I had canceled. When they found out I canceled took my phone out of the box and shipped my card. If you look at the box that my card was in, it has a lithium ion battery warning.

lmaooo I don't know why everyone thinks youre lying or why they care so much if you are. It seems like Samsung will ship a majority of the promotions in bulk later on. It's easy for slip ups to happen especially with a giant company that just released a widely anticipated device. Enjoy your card dude let us know how the performance is- I'm on the fence about selling it when I get it or keeping it :p

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I submitted my info on monday and still haven't received approval on a sprint note 7. I went with the 256gb card. Does anyone know why its taking this long ro receive my approval. Screenshot_20160824-205243.jpg
20160824_210057.jpg