Note 7 dunk

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned this feature to my niece and she wants to use it to take some pictures in the pool. I'm a bit to scared to actually test this feature :D

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I took my s7 edge in the ocean and the pool. Will do the same with my N7. Just be aware that after you do the water damage indicator in the sim/sd slot will change color.

Via the great NOTE 7..

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No, and I never plan to.

It may be rated IP68 for immersion down to 5ft in water up to 30 minutes, but there's no way of knowing whether it is actually capable of doing so until you try it, which I obviously do not recommend at all under any circumstance.

I just treat it as a peace-of-mind thing if I accidentally spill a drink on it or something. I never use it as an excuse to take it for a swim.

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I took my s7 edge in the ocean and the pool. Will do the same with my N7. Just be aware that after you do the water damage indicator in the sim/sd slot will change color.

Via the great NOTE 7..
What will change color? So if we put it in water there something still going to do this?

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been wondering about this also and have been tempted to try but am nervous for the obvious reasons

Nothing crazy like underwater pictures in the swimming pool ......... but water would be involved

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine got soaked while snapping some pics during a thunderstorm. Works great.

My 7 month old son slobbers all over it when he plays with it.

I've rinsed it off a couple times in the sink.

So far so good

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I think of it like the airbag in my truck. It's definitely nice to have and pray it works when you need it, but really don't want to test it before I really need it.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping my S7 active around for pics in the pool, beach trips etc but I'm not going to purposely soak my Note 7. It's good to have the water resistance just in case but im not going to tempt fate.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The rating is for still, clean water which is not that case in the pool or the ocean. I really doubt the results will be the same in salty ocean water.

James Pettengill

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The litmus dots in the Sim card tray and in the headphone jack will turn red when they get wet. They are also inside the phone on certain components. This is how they tell if your phone has gotten wet to accept or deny warranty claims.
Look inside the headphone jack in bright light or using a flashlight and you'll see the white litmus dot up at the top end. Sure they tout it's water resistant and I'm sure it really is but I don't want to risk it and be denied a warranty claim from the moisture indicators being tripped.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
There is a water mark on the inside of the phone where the sim tray is. you can see it will turn pink if your phone gets wet.

Via the great NOTE 7..

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
No, and I never plan to.

It may be rated IP68 for immersion down to 5ft in water up to 30 minutes, but there's no way of knowing whether it is actually capable of doing so until you try it, which I obviously do not recommend at all under any circumstance.

I just treat it as a peace-of-mind thing if I accidentally spill a drink on it or something. I never use it as an excuse to take it for a swim.

This guys. Please. This. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer