09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Just curious, why are you putting so much effort into SOT with your current phone with the recall?
    Because I don't plan to return my phone! I live in a different country than where I bought it. I purchased a non warranty internarional version on Amazon, and I love my note 7 way too much to let anyone take it away from me for weeks.
    Over my dead body!!
    09-02-2016 09:54 PM
    Because I don't plan to return my phone! I live in a different country than where I bought it. I purchased a non warranty internarional version on Amazon, and I love my note 7 way too much to let anyone take it away from me for weeks.
    Over my dead body!!
    If it explodes while your on the phone you may get that wish. Seriously, based on all your battery problems and now the recall you really should consider exchanging it
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:55 PM
    Over my dead body!!
    Why would you not return it? Doesn't matter where you live or bought it, it's recalled and Samsung will take care of it.
    09-02-2016 10:07 PM
    Why would you not return it? Doesn't matter where you live or bought it, it's recalled and Samsung will take care of it.
    But why should I return it?!! I don't believe my phone will explode. It feels too perfect. Never even heats up not even when I use it while charging.
    And what will I do during the 3 weeks window before they send me the new phone? I'll be left with my flip phone from 6 years ago...
    That recall thing just sounds like a big hassle to me. I'd rather keep my brand new phone and stay away from all this mess....
    09-02-2016 10:28 PM
    But why should I return it?!! I don't believe my phone will explode. It feels too perfect. Never even heats up not even when I use it while charging.
    And what will I do during the 3 weeks window before they send me the new phone? I'll be left with my flip phone from 6 years ago...
    That recall thing just sounds like a big hassle to me. I'd rather keep my brand new phone and stay away from all this mess....
    3 week window? Where are you getting that from?

It doesn't matter what you believe about the phone, you literally have no control on whether it fails or not. And just because it's not experiencing anything now, doesn't mean it won't.

And I hope you don't plan to sell it in the future because it will be worthless.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:41 PM
    3 week window? Where are you getting that from?

It doesn't matter what you believe about the phone, you literally have no control on whether it fails or not. And just because it's not experiencing anything now, doesn't mean it won't.

And I hope you don't plan to sell it in the future because it will be worthless.
    You have to ship the phone to them (takes one week) and then they claim to send back the new unit within 14 business days. At least that's what the guy at Samsung + told me earlier today. Anyone else around here keeping their note 7 or am I the only one who refuses to send mine back in...?
    09-02-2016 10:46 PM
    You have to ship the phone to them (takes one week) and then they claim to send back the new unit within 14 business days. At least that's what the guy at Samsung + told me earlier today. Anyone else around here keeping their note 7 or am I the only one who refuses to send mine back in...?
    Wow a 3 week process? That's bs.. They gotta do better than that
    09-02-2016 10:48 PM
    I would just bet you will get a different answer from them in a couple days.

Good luck.
    09-02-2016 11:01 PM
    One quick question erasat, now that I've reset to factory, do I still need to wipe the cache or that's not necessary anymore?
    I always do both, old habits, but technically speaking with the full reset, if done via recovery menu it, by definition, should have taking care of everything.
    09-02-2016 11:10 PM
    The least they good do is take the responsability with the resellers for the exchange. For example if you bought it at best buy you go to a store and exchange it immediately. But no, they gonna make you ship it to Samsung apparently. What a pain...
    09-02-2016 11:11 PM
    The least they good do is take the responsability with the resellers for the exchange. For example if you bought it at best buy you go to a store and exchange it immediately. But no, they gonna make you ship it to Samsung apparently. What a pain...
    Not in the USA they aren't. All carriers are offering returns and will offer exchanges when they get the new stock. Best Buy is doing the same.

Again, I'd revisit your convo with Samsung in a few days once all the info has settled in.
    09-03-2016 12:02 AM
    Wow a 3 week process? That's bs.. They gotta do better than that
    This is not true. Not even close. Already local news did story and said this AM most stores will have replacements in their hands by Friday of this week and Monday of the next week.

They started making replacements last week before they even made the announcement.
    09-03-2016 06:48 AM
    This is not true. Not even close. Already local news did story and said this AM most stores will have replacements in their hands by Friday of this week and Monday of the next week.

They started making replacements last week before they even made the announcement.
    Well, for me if would still be a hassle. Bought the phone on Amazon while travelling in the US. Now I'm back in Europe. Sound like a big mess for me. Sending it it will be expensive and take time. Getting it back will take even more time. I might need to pay tax too when I receive a phone from the US in europe. Sounds so much simpler to stick to my phone. But I'll message the Amazon seller just to see his thought anyway....
    09-03-2016 06:54 AM
    Lowering the brightness would help prolonging the battery life. Only set it to the highest when outdoors.
    09-03-2016 07:07 AM
    Has anyone experienced rapid and complete battery drain?

Tonight my phone was around 50% at 9:30pm and by 10pm it had shutdown. The battery had barely enough charge to turn the phone on.

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160903-221729.jpg
    09-03-2016 07:46 AM

Cool.. So i should be able to swap it out this coming week? Is it just the phone can i expect new headphones and a charger?
    09-03-2016 08:14 AM

Tonight my phone was around 50% at 9:30pm and by 10pm it had shutdown. The battery had barely enough charge to turn the phone on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160903-221729.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	238313
    Sounds to me that this is another faulty battery issue. No way it can drop that fast without there being an issue with battery.
    09-03-2016 08:21 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160903-221729.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	238313
    Yes. I posted a screenshot of mine like that too a few days ago.
    David Hampson likes this.
    09-03-2016 08:49 AM
    I really like my Note 7. It's my fist non-Apple smartphone. My only concern is battery life. I switched from an iPhone 5s.

The past 2 nights, the Note 7 has consumed 15% battery overnight. I put it on standby, nothing on the screen, in medium power saving mode, with WiFi and GPS enabled. With a similar setup, my iPhone 5s lost only 1-2% overnight. Is there something else I need to configure?
    09-03-2016 09:43 AM
    Yes. I posted a screenshot of mine like that too a few days ago.
    Sounds like you guys have exploding phones hehe he. Stay close to a source of water!
    09-03-2016 09:51 AM
    Your phone basically is not deep sleeping, if everything I've told you hasn't worked, then if a Wipe cache Partition doesn't help you must have a rogue app not allowing your phone to sleep, that battery graphic says it all, it's basically drain nonstop at a steady pace and I can guess that you are using it a lot, hence you still manage to get 4 hours of SOT, but if I'm right your standby should suck, so if you don't use this phone constantly your SOT will be a lot worse.

Try the Wipe cache Partition but if it doesn't help consider getting a battery meager app that like GSAM that can give you a more detailed information of nothing helps then a factory reset.
    Erasat, it looks like you were right about my phone not deep sleeping. Since the factory reset the battery curve doesn't long like a straight consistent downward line like before! You can actually see when I used my phone more or less throughout the day and you can identify moments of sleep..

I installed only the apps I use this time and it looks like I got rid of a bad app that was suxking my power

I just hope I don't accidently put it back in the the future. Is there any monitoring app that could identify which app is doing damage in case it happened again?

I will post my new results at the end of the day but as of now I'm at 4. 5hrs on battery and 1hr sot and 80% battery. Only 5% battery per hour. It's a miracle for me!! Used to be 10+ before the reset.
    Let's see how the rest of the day goes.
    09-03-2016 11:34 AM
    To be more precise, I'm at 77% after 4hrs57min on battery and 1hr1min sot. Does that sound good? Few phone calls. Social media, forums and web browsing. A 30 minute work out with s health tracking my run....
    09-03-2016 11:37 AM
    Never really monitored battery life and screen on time before as I'd use my iPhone 6+ in low power mode 24/7. So far on my note I'm down to 70% with 2hrs screen on time. Is that good? Would I really be able to get about 6 1/2 hours screen on with it at that rate?

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-image.png

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-image.png
    09-03-2016 01:04 PM
    It's pretty good. It's much better than me at least. I am at the same point as you. 7 hrs and 2 hours sot. Except I have 57% left!

09-03-2016 02:14 PM
    To be more precise, I'm at 77% after 4hrs57min on battery and 1hr1min sot. Does that sound good? Few phone calls. Social media, forums and web browsing. A 30 minute work out with s health tracking my run....
    Only you can answer that, how does it compare with before the reset? Trying to get the same battery life than others will always be frustrating because nobody uses the phone the same and it can look as you have a problem where you for have it and won't allow you to just enjoy your phone.

In your case you must have had a rogue app not allowing your phone to deep sleep as nothing else seemed to help, if now you can at least see your phone deep sleeping then it will definitely better, just use it as you need it and intend and forget a little about your battery life, if it's not normal then you can always go back to see what may be wrong. Just remember the hints about battery saving and you should be good.
    09-03-2016 03:18 PM
601 ... 1920212223 ...