When will the Note 7 get Android Nougat?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If history holds true it will be February at best. I just don't see it happening any sooner than that. I would love to be wrong.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Samsung may have it ready around October. But, by the time the carriers get done with it, it'll probably be February.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Note 7 already has the major features of Android Nougat,, and in fact had them before Nexus did. But when will they actually have an update that they call "Nougat?" Samsung says November at the latest.

--RICH

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully not any time soon. My phone is running great. I don't even want an update at this point.

That's what I said about my Note 5 - that thing was running sooooo smooth since the Marshmallow update, I didn't want to touch it ever again. I guess I won't have to worry about that now?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
The features that will make Nougat worthwhile for the Note are:
1. Much better Doze/standby battery life.
2. Larger screens in app switching.
3. Double tap the app switching button to switch between the 2 most recent apps.

So nothing huge, but it will be good if they don't botch it up. Last year when the Note 5 came out, Samsung promised Marshmallow within 3 months of its release. The earliest US provider to release it was T-Mobile, and I believe that was 6 months after release. So I wouldn't expect anything before the S8 ships, or around mid-March 2017.

Posted via the Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I Reckon March next year. We are hardly missing out on anything though as the galaxy phones have had a lot of the features in Android N for a while now e. g split screen, customisable quick toggles, quick reply to notifications etc

Posted from my pink gold S7 edge

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
The features that will make Nougat worthwhile for the Note are:
1. Much better Doze/standby battery life.
2. Larger screens in app switching.
3. Double tap the app switching button to switch between the 2 most recent apps.

So nothing huge, but it will be good if they don't botch it up. Last year when the Note 5 came out, Samsung promised Marshmallow within 3 months of its release. The earliest US provider to release it was T-Mobile, and I believe that was 6 months after release. So I wouldn't expect anything before the S8 ships, or around mid-March 2017.

Posted via the Android Central App

A potentially very useful thing, if it ever makes it to the final version, is the white balance adjustment of screen (in addition to the four presets). However, seeing that a few manufacturers now put effort into offering as close to approved standard calibration, including samsung, there may be pressure from manufacturers to drop that.

Personally I'd love to see it appear. Whilst I like the ,basic' setting I still use SCREEN BALANCE (app store) to create minute adjustment. Whilst a good app it does create screen overlays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress