Can't use messages!!

When I hit message app, hit on an existing text message thread, a white box appears "ALLOW MESSAGE TO ACCESS PHOTOS,MEDIA,AND FILES ON YOUR DEVICE"

I press allow, next box says "screen overlay detected, to change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings app"

I have gone through every permutation of choices and the messages still can't be accessed

Anyone else experience this and can help me?

Thanks!!!
    08-26-2016 07:25 AM
    Can't use messages!!

When I hit message app, hit on an existing text message thread, a white box appears "ALLOW MESSAGE TO ACCESS PHOTOS,MEDIA,AND FILES ON YOUR DEVICE"

I press allow, next box says "screen overlay detected, to change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings app"

I have gone through every permutation of choices and the messages still can't be accessed

Thanks!!!
    And......this only happens with the Samsung message app......the Verizon Message app works fine.....
    08-26-2016 07:34 AM
    Have you tried disabling and reenabling?
    08-26-2016 07:38 AM
    And......this only happens with the Samsung message app......the Verizon Message app works fine.....
    Do you have any battery apps or security apps?
    08-26-2016 07:39 AM
    Have you tried disabling and reenabling?
    I have, over and over.......
    08-26-2016 07:39 AM
    Do you have any battery type apps?
    No I don't......
    08-26-2016 07:40 AM
    Did you disable anything in your system apps through package disabler or anything?
    08-26-2016 07:43 AM
    Did you disable anything in your system apps through package disabler or anything?
    I did but removed the package disabler ........

Now, this is weird, I just received my first text of the day, in Samsung messages, and now I can respond, to that particular person. I texted to several other contacts on existing message threads and it is now working

Weird
    08-26-2016 07:49 AM
    It's an app somewhere. I had the same problem and for me it was a screen filter app I had downloaded. Removed and the issue was gone.
    08-26-2016 07:53 AM
    I did but removed the package disabler ........

Now, this is weird, I just received my first text of the day, in Samsung messages, and now I can respond, to that particular person. I texted to several other contacts on existing message threads and it is now working

Weird
    Then you must have disabled something that wasn't bloat. I use package disabler to disable some bloat. The only time I've seen that on my Note 5 was trying to set up Greenify on my Note 5 before.
    08-26-2016 07:58 AM
    Can't use messages!!

Thanks!!!
    Have you reset the message App cache and data? It's worth a try.
    08-26-2016 07:58 AM
    Then you must have disabled something that wasn't bloat. I use package disabler to disable some bloat. The only time I've seen that on my Note 5 was trying to set up Greenify on my Note 5 before.
    The only thing I did different yesterday was downloading the package disabler and I think that has something to do it it, although the message app didn't begin misbehaving until last night ........

Once I received an inbound text this morning, it seemed to clear the problem......for now....

Thanks to everyone for helping with suggestions, that why I love these forums so much, many good souls out there !!!!
    08-26-2016 08:18 AM
    The only thing I did different yesterday was downloading the package disabler and I think that has something to do it it, although the message app didn't begin misbehaving until last night ........

Once I received an inbound text this morning, it seemed to clear the problem......for now....

Thanks to everyone for helping with suggestions, that why I love these forums so much, many good souls out there !!!!
    Oh.. Did you open package disabler and set admin, etc? That could be an issue. With Greenify I can't remember what all steps I went through to get it corrected but I got it corrected and didn't have to uninstall.
    08-26-2016 08:24 AM
    If it doesn't stay fixed, it sounds like you could just do a factory reset.
    08-26-2016 08:28 AM
    Try clearing the data on the message app.
    08-26-2016 08:55 AM