Another response to negative reviews..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My favorite quote from this -- because this is exactly how I feel (I live in FL as well).

I thought about that thing the other day. Here we have daily summer storms too and I was outside with my Note 5 and no umbrella. I had to get under a shed, I just wouldn't risk my Note.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
They aren't backing off the performance issues claim. That's fine. I'm sure Samsung could improve upon what they already have and will do so. If the last few years have been any indication, they're listening. If they improve their performance like they've improved their build quality, this hopefully will be put to rest for absolutely everyone.
Definitely. There's always some improvements they can do to the software to make it better.

But I'm still happy with mine. It's not the fastest phone ever, but it does a lot of things my previous phones can't, especially with that S Pen, while also being relatively fast.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I tend to treat reviews (tech, book or entertainment) as an opinion, I am interested to see what they thought but ultimately I want to get hands on and decide for myself.

Cheers,
BR

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
And it is always better when things like this come from someone that isn't a Samsung fan.

I have been Samsung exclusive for years. I did buy a Nexus 5 over a year ago to get the Pure Android experience, not my thing. I will never be seen as unbiased even though I don't ignore issues I encounter and was ready to walk away with Samsung because I was upset with them.

I be a Samsung Fanboy too..Just purchased a Notebook 9 Pro.., going to sip some wine when I open the box later on tonight.. :D

BTW, crazy about my Note 7... And my beloved Note 4, I passed on the Note 5.. Can't win them all..:D

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I be a Samsung Fanboy too..Just purchased a Notebook 9 Pro.., going to sip some wine when I open the box later on tonight.. :D

BTW, crazy about my Note 7... And my beloved Note 4, I passed on the Note 5.. Can't win them all..:D

Yeah my mom is getting my Note 5 when my Note 7 comes in. I'm upgrading her from a Galaxy Core Prime. The only bad thing, she will be calling me constantly for a while or I will be over there all the time.

I'm determined to get her on the calendar instead of keeping a paper calendar 😆

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
They aren't backing off the performance issues claim. That's fine. I'm sure Samsung could improve upon what they already have and will do so. If the last few years have been any indication, they're listening. If they improve their performance like they've improved their build quality, this hopefully will be put to rest for absolutely everyone.

Agreed. And I don't think they should back off their performance evaluation. It is based on benchmarks, and right or wrong, people value them. Clearly some of the additional features the Note 7 has running impact the benchmarks. What matters more is the performance in hand. They did a nice job of providing balance to their metrics with real life use, telling the value of the extra features you get. For me it is the real life use that I appreciate in a review. Benchmarks don't always match up, so I find them interesting but not relevant.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 6+ was getting slow after my close to a year use. When I would turn it on or restart it initially it would be slow and stuttering. It ran smooth but had its occasional issues. No phone is perfect. None that I've had anyway.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The second article from XDA nailed it. I to live in Florida and frequent theme parks it's nice to know the phone can take a splash. The screen brightness is ridiculous and I had a iphone 6plus and 6plus S I easily paid 1000$ Plus for... at least with the note the price comes with capability whether you use them or not. It's not a phone for all. As far as performance goes I truly think it's just software and a update can hammer out the kinks.

altimax98

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Hey, Author of that article. Thanks for linking, glad to see a lot liked it. I wanted to clarify it was not a clarification of the original piece. As the title denotes, my article was to highlight that while the performance issues are present, valid, and can be annoying as hell (disabling edge features fixed snappiness for me), the phone is still unmatched for day to day living.

Thanks again!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If you are happy with the Note 7, why give a shoot what others think or post? I think that overall the Note 7 rocks. Based on back orders, launch push backs, plus reviews and most user opinions being high- most people think that too. ☺

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
--Interesting that this piece came from The Verge itself. Usually known for being biased towards Apple.--

Yeah. Noticed that this morning while reading reviews.

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
It seems that people have become so polarized in the last 15 years, especially in politics and technology.

I love both Android and iOS, I own a 6s+ and a note 5. Despite what some negative people on forums say, I sold my note 5 and ordered a note 7. I also plan on selling my 6s+ and buying the iphone 7.

You will never please everyone all of the time. Even if the note 7 were perfect, it wouldn't be good enough for some people.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There is always someone that will complain about every phone. Yeah, no phone will be perfect for anyone, but some people find everything they don't like about any phone to be something that is super major world ending.

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
When you say do a FDR and set up as a new device do you at any point restore any back ups? I've read Smart Switch is causing a lot of issues but what about restoring data from your Samsung account?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When you say do a FDR and set up as a new device do you at any point restore any back ups? I've read Smart Switch is causing a lot of issues but what about restoring data from your Samsung account?
The data from your account should be OK, but there are settings also, accessibility. I would not restore any settings.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've used nothing but SGNotes since the N2 {skipped the 5.} I've used no other device. I never considered my buying decision on how fast a phone preformed in benchmark test. My decisions are based on one thing - features. What can a device do to help me navigate life. To that end, for me, NOTHING comes close or can compete with the Notes. Your mileage may vary.