How many are using the s pen?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use it on a daily basis.

Not really to write notes, but to capture specific parts of my screen using Smart Select, making GIFs using the same feature, and also using it as a precise input method, especially for photo-editing with a brush tool. Seriously, I never realized how useful that is until I tried it.

And also to make funny birthday cards for my friends. I also write comments (quite literally) with the S Pen at times.

The Note7 is the first Note I've used as a daily driver, but I have also used my aunt's Note5 and my sister's old Note 3 before, so I do know some S Pen stuff. Though I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Action Memo.

I never thought about using it for photo editing! Can you use it in any app the way you do your finger?

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
This is my third Note, so I've grown accustomed to using it daily.
  • Note taking/Action Memo
  • Crop Screen
  • Navigation
  • Glance - I've found I've used this feature more than I thought!

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
On the Note 2 the Samsung keyboard had great handwriting recognition, best I've ever seen. It would convert handwriting to text. It would pull up a writing pad where the keyboard is. I used to write a lot of text if I was sitting in a meeting and didn't want to look like I was texting or posting on Android Central.

Lol. Same here!

Posted via my awesome N4

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
As soon as action memo gets put back on ill use it even more! Im keeping notes on yhe aod, but its not as good

I couldn't (can't) wait for Samsung to integrate action memo in Samsung Notes, so I ended up downloading the previous version from the XDA Dev site :-\
If it weren't for the helpful folks of Android Central even mentioning it was available some days ago, I would be enjoying the spen a lot less!

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
The s-pen is the reason I made the switch to Samsung and i have loved using it right from my Note 8 Tablet.
I use it for taking notes at meetings, jotting down things on the go, screen write on photos, smart select, previewing mails and so much more. Simply put, I note!

Posted via my awesome N4

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to force myself into using it, but it's just not that helpful. It's honestly much quicker for me to type out a note or list than try write it out. This is my first Note, so I was excited to give it a go. But it honestly feels more like a gimmick than actually useful feature.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I hardly use it, cropping a photo and what not. Some might think it's a waste and I should just go with the S7 but I had an S5, wanted a bigger screen so I went to the Note 4. The note line has always worked for me and I like the size so I got the 5 and now the 7, I've just had a good experience with the Note like so if it ain't broke..

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I hardly use it, cropping a photo and what not. Some might think it's a waste and I should just go with the S7 but I had an S5, wanted a bigger screen so I went to the Note 4. The note line has always worked for me and I like the size so I got the 5 and now the 7, I've just had a good experience with the Note like so if it ain't broke..
Use what works for you and however it works for you. Sounds like it's the Note. The Note line has been very good even not considering the S-Pen, but it's always there if you do decide to use it. Options are always good.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Funny. I use it about 50% of the time. When I do have it out I actually keep it out and scroll around the screen with it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I know right? Like what's the point of buying a note if you don't use the s-pen. Might as well go with the S series.

Posted via my awesome N4

I went with the Note over the S7 Edge because I preferred the tighter curves on the Note. I've also always disliked the way the notification shade, settings, etc were on older Sammy phones. For me it was the overall package. Slightly bigger screen, better design aesthetically, more ergonomic, tighter curves, and better UI. The SPen was just a bonus for me. I'm trying to make myself use it so it becomes 2nd nature. It's taking a while as it's my first phone with a built in stylus in 10 years of owning smartphones.

I'm really enjoying reading how people use their SPens. It's giving me good ideas of how to make to most of it!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Usually it doesn't seem worth the time to get it out and put it away when I can do most of the stuff with my finger.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That seems really cool. I just hope I remember about it when Samsung adds it back!
Oh this is the best feature they ever came out with, the second the lockscreen memo.

This is really good for me because we have zero landlines in the house so if I'm on the phone, it is on my cell. So why write it on paper and then type it in my map, contacts, email address, calendar etc?

Write it and tap!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I never thought about using it for photo editing! Can you use it in any app the way you do your finger?
The smart select is great. You can get the part you want and share it and don't save it to your gallery if you don't want to keep it. That keeps me from building up unnecessary screenshots.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to force myself into using it, but it's just not that helpful. It's honestly much quicker for me to type out a note or list than try write it out. This is my first Note, so I was excited to give it a go. But it honestly feels more like a gimmick than actually useful feature.
No it is not a gimmick at all. It took me several Notes to get addicted totally to the spen.

BugCollector

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I buy the notes for the spen. Customers would call. I'd write notes on the backs of envelopes or any scrap of paper I could quickly grab. Then I'd lose them. Not good. For years I was trying all kinds of digital note solutions to save me from myself. Then the note came out. Bought one. Haven't looked back. I keep buying the newest for any little improvement in note taking functionality. With the 7 I actually spent the first weekend learning how to use it. It does all kinds of things I didn't know about. Like ink to text. Even with my handwriting it's nearly perfect. I'm enjoying this one more than the older versions.

samndiaye899

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I use my S-Pen for school when the teacher announces hw. Also when an app does not let me copy something the S-Pen slows you to copy and paate. Another thing i use it for is taking long screen shots of articles of something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa