09-02-2016 12:21 PM
66 123
tools
    Same here, BlackBerry keyboard which I'm most comfortable with.
    09-01-2016 08:42 AM
    I use the Samsung keyboard. It doesn't seem to predict as well as the Note 5, but it's decent.
    09-01-2016 09:16 AM
    Help...my note keeps asking me to choose a keyboard in notifications. How can i stop this?
    09-01-2016 09:17 AM
    I was going to try Google Keyboard, then I saw the permissions. It said something to the effect of "...it won't remember passwords, but maybe credit card numbers" Did this bother anyone else? I am kind of new to Android, so this kind of freaked me out. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks
    For other 3rd party kb's I'd worry about that, but not with Google's. The card I mostly use Google already has because it's tied to my Play Store account.
    09-01-2016 10:02 AM
    For other 3rd party kb's I'd worry about that, but not with Google's. The card I mostly use Google already has because it's tied to my Play Store account.
    Trustworthy ones though (Google Keyboard, SwiftKey, Flesky, Swype, etc.) won't do anything of that nature though. It would have been found out by now. The permission just means they could see it (which makes sense) since it would be used for the input. I know with SwiftKey at least they have predictions shut off when you enter a PW field (no words above the keyboard when typing in there).
    09-01-2016 10:39 AM
    I like the Google keyboard.
    09-01-2016 10:43 AM
    Thank you everyone. I will try swiftkey and google and see which I prefer
    If you end up picking google which is what I did you may want to try Chrooma keyboard. Basically google keyboard but with even more features and customization.
    09-01-2016 11:27 AM
    SwiftKey almost from the day it was released. I just wish it wasn't a laggy mess on this phone.
    09-01-2016 03:45 PM
    TouchPal but I hate that with every new update you get a stupid bloat... like custom lock screen when charging some advertisement before using it... but the ability to swipe and insert second symbol or just swipe backspace to delete a word is epic When I get my not exploding note 7 next week I will try more keyboards
    09-02-2016 06:21 AM
    Help...my note keeps asking me to choose a keyboard in notifications. How can i stop this?
    Go into settings, applications, and choose the default keyboard there. Should stop that constant asking.
    09-02-2016 06:55 AM
    I really wanted to like the stock keyboard. But the autocorrect is really flaky. I switched to google because I was used to it from other phones.... Might try Swiftkey now as well. Just wish stock worked better !
    09-02-2016 07:53 AM
    I used the stock keyboard on my last 2 Samsungs and it was great on both. The stock keyboard is terrible on the Note 7. When I've tried Swiftkey in the past it has always seem to slow down my phone a bit. I've been using Google Keyboard and happy with it, but am irritated that the stock one doesn't work better. I think if I am paying top dollar for a phone, I shouldn't need to be a systems integrator for it.
    09-02-2016 08:37 AM
    I liked Samsung's keyboard because unlike Google's it is smart enough to know not to put a space after '@gmail.'

Does swiftkey have that built in too? Entering forms on Google's keyboard is so painful.
    Yes it does but you might have to change it in the settings. SwiftKey is by far the best keyboard available. I have been using it for years on several devices. I'm typing this on my tablet with SwiftKey. There's a lot of customization with SwiftKey and plenty of help. The keyboard is so popular they have there own forum.
    09-02-2016 08:43 AM
    Didn't any of you see the other day that somehow Swiftkeys predictions got crossed up with other folks accounts so that some users with getting predictions from other users??? All keyboards are some level are "keystroke loggers." And the predictions mean your keystrokes have to be saved somewhere -- either on your phone or in the cloud. Including passwords, credit cards, etc.

I'm not a tinfoil type guy -- If anyone is then they have no business using a smartphone PERIOD as they all spy on us. But I try to mitigate my risk. I use Google's default keyboard. It's still a risk, but I figure that if anything crazy happens with Google's Keyboard it is likely to be reported first.

Sure Microsoft bought Swiftkey. And Microsoft does have a pretty good track record of avoiding hacks. But who knows what is going on in Microsoft products that they didn't develop in house. Case in point, the Android Outlook app that is currently in the Play store stores your emails IN THE AMAZON CLOUD!!!! Hard to believe Microsoft would KNOWINGLY put their name and logo on such a product. I haven't looked into whose cloud Swiftkey uses....
    09-02-2016 11:20 AM
    Makes sense, thank you.
    msm0511 likes this.
    Trustworthy ones though (Google Keyboard, SwiftKey, Flesky, Swype, etc.) won't do anything of that nature though. It would have been found out by now. The permission just means they could see it (which makes sense) since it would be used for the input. I know with SwiftKey at least they have predictions shut off when you enter a PW field (no words above the keyboard when typing in there).

Thanks for the reply.
66 123