AT&T vs Verizon Note 7 Specific Differences

calred34

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any features missing from an AT&T Note 7 model? I'm noticing folks mentioning features of the Note 7 that have been removed by Verizon ...

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any features missing from an AT&T Note 7 model? I'm noticing folks mentioning features of the Note 7 that have been removed by Verizon ...
We have everything over here at AT&T....new settings menu....device maintenance and WiFi calling were things that are hit or miss on other carriers

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have verizon and they take away the ability to block text messages. At&t gives you the spam folder option. Verizon also does not have the new menu.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Missing from Verizon:
New menu layout
Samsung cloud backup
Setting to autoreboot the phone on schedule
For some of us unable to get a custom ringtone to stick

We do have wifi calling but at least for me personally it is horrible....sounds like a terrible cell phone connection. Lte call quality is now suddenly great and I saw a post somewhere that Verizon activated some type of advanced calling.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Missing from Verizon:
New menu layout
Samsung cloud backup

We do have wifi calling but at least for me personally it is horrible....sounds like a terrible cell phone connection. Lte call quality is now suddenly great and I saw a post somewhere that Verizon activated some type of advanced calling.
Samsung cloud can be added to a limited extent.

They also took away cheetah mobile and took away writing on the pre installed screen protector

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Missing from Verizon:
New menu layout
Samsung cloud backup

What new menu are you talking about? My setting menu is different than my note5. I know some carriers used to break of the settings menus into folders and im glad verizon never did that. When my mom got her note5 on US Celluar it was finally like my verizon, which i like better.

And i am going to go look for auto reboot, swear i saw it after seeing it in a video.

** can't find auto reboot now lol, must have just seen it in a video.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
What new menu are you talking about? My setting menu is different than my note5. I know some carriers used to break of the settings menus into folders and im glad verizon never did that. When my mom got her note5 on US Celluar it was finally like my verizon, which i like better.

And i am going to go look for auto reboot, swear i saw it after seeing it in a video.

** can't find auto reboot now lol, must have just seen it in a video.

Our menu layout is what was also on the Galaxy S7 buy it's not the new Grace UI. The new Grace UI is better categorized and offers suggestions for settings you might be looking for if it's not where you currently are looking. It's cleaner and to me the layout and organization makes much better sense. My gut says Verizon keeps it how it is now to make life easier on their tech support.

I'm not entirely upset about the loss of the cheetah tools... But I have yet to figure out a successful Samsung cloud backup. I keep getting server issues and what not. I've tried the suggestions in the forums but still no dice.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Our menu layout is what was also on the Galaxy S7 buy it's not the new Grace UI. The new Grace UI is better categorized and offers suggestions for settings you might be looking for if it's not where you currently are looking. It's cleaner and to me the layout and organization makes much better sense. My gut says Verizon keeps it how it is now to make life easier on their tech support.

and for that, Verizon can eat the poo poo. (apparently a word that rhymes with "droop" is bad enough to be censored here).

I wish that website still existed, so I could buy that T-Shirt.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
T-MO has all of these things as well. Suggestions, WIFI, new layout, Cloud Back up, SmartSwitch, and I use Zedge for my ringtones and they stick. Not sure if that makes a difference though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty