09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Not sure it has been posted but this is from T-Mobile. https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...te7-update.htm
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:52 AM
    Nope. Not upset at them upset that they didn't catch this major issue. You'd think they would do heavy testing under all scenarios.

I'm not upset at inconvenience of having to send my phone back. No way we get replacements for at least 3-4 weeks and now I don't have a replacement.

Glad they are fixing it with full replacement but what a major pain.
    So far only 35 have been sent in to check and only 24 were found to have battery issues put of 1 million. Not really major.
    Seriously?

How would you feel if you were that buyer and your seller didn't contact you and your house burned down and your family died?
    Drama queen, they can do what everyone else will do get it swapped by Samsung.
    The release on China is not being pushed back.

Samsung said they are replacing all Notes that have been sold.
    Mine says it was supposedly made in China. I've had no problems with it. Is it obligatorily to replace your phone? I don't have a back up and don't feel like being without a phone for a week or more while they ship me a new one if that were to be the case. I use it for work and I'm pretty sure they don't give out loaners.
    09-02-2016 05:53 AM
    "Samsung is committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident report from our valued customers very seriously. In response to recently reported cases of the new Galaxy Note7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue.

To date (as of September 1) there have been 35 cases that have been reported globally and we are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify possible affected batteries in the market. However, because our customers’ safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note7.

For customers who already have Galaxy Note7 devices, we will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one over the coming weeks.

We acknowledge the inconvenience this may cause in the market but this is to ensure that Samsung continues to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. We are working closely with our partners to ensure the replacement experience is as convenient and efficient as possible."

https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7
    duke1231 likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:56 AM
    Someone please explain to me how this is potentially going to work? I have read articles that say all units will be recalled, and I have also read articles stating that there will be a site that you go to input some data and it will let you know if your phone is part of the recall. Does anyone have any speculation as far as how this recall will work. I seem to be reading a lot about both theories.

Additionally does anyone have a way for me to tell what type of phone I have. I understand that this may be a difference between an Ecynos and Snapdragon processor. Does anyone know how I can tell specifically what type of my devices and can you clarify which ones of the devices is having issues
    09-02-2016 05:59 AM
    Well, carriers need to cooperate with Samsung to ensure a smooth process. If anyone drags their feet, this won't go over well. I'm hoping replacement units are sent first.

Anyways, my phone works great. I'm not too fussed about it.
    09-02-2016 06:00 AM
    Someone please explain to me how this is potentially going to work? I have read articles that say all units will be recalled, and I have also read articles stating that there will be a site that you go to input some data and it will let you know if your phone is part of the recall. Does anyone have any speculation as far as how this recall will work. I seem to be reading a lot about both theories.

Additionally does anyone have a way for me to tell what type of phone I have. I understand that this may be a difference between an Ecynos and Snapdragon processor. Does anyone know how I can tell specifically what type of my devices and can you clarify which ones of the devices is having issues
    Samsung said they will replace all units, they aren't making a difference between Snapdragon or Exynos.

Carriers will have to put out info on how they will handle it. We don't know the details of how it will be handled yet.
    09-02-2016 06:02 AM
    I wonder though if T-Mobile units wouldn't be safe? My understanding is they were manufactured in China. I know from the app that I downloaded that mine was. The Wall Street Journal this morning reports that the rollout of the device in China will continue, because China receives their phones with batteries from a different location that is considered safe. If our phones that are made in China had batteries from that same location, then it seems that they should be safe.
    Samsung who made the phones said they aren't safe, they need to be replaced.

The release in China doesn't necessarily mean those phones were manufactured there.

If the people that made the phone told me they need to replace it for my safety, I would replace it.
    09-02-2016 06:04 AM
    Mine says it was supposedly made in China. I've had no problems with it. Is it obligatorily to replace your phone? I don't have a back up and don't feel like being without a phone for a week or more while they ship me a new one if that were to be the case. I use it for work and I'm pretty sure they don't give out loaners.
    You don't have to do anything.

No one has said anyone will be without a phone, Samsung isn't going to come take your phone.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:05 AM
    I cant believe people are upset Samsung is fixing a deadly flaw in its device...
    https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7

yes its a small number but the exponential damage it could do in the future not including lawsuits and damages, this is nothing to them and will take it. Samsung took it like a champ and watching out for consumers instead other companies who try to find loopholes to get out of stuff.

gj samsung
    I'm not upset. But I am rather disappointed. I JUST got my phone set up and found which protection I'm going to use with it for eternity. Lol
    09-02-2016 06:06 AM
    Samsung who made the phones said they aren't safe, they need to be replaced.

The release in China doesn't necessarily mean those phones were manufactured there.

If the people that made the phone told me they need to replace it for my safety, I would replace it.
    Samsung didn't say every phone was unsafe.
    09-02-2016 06:07 AM
    As a general question moving forward.... what other phone comes close to the functionality of the Note 7? because it's apparent I'm going to need a phone to use for the "next coming weeks".
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    It's more disappointing then anything. They've handled the situation well so far. However it's an inconvenience and hopefully replacing it isn't some giant hassle or even more of an inconvenience.
    You don't have to do anything.

No one has said anyone will be without a phone, Samsung isn't going to come take your phone.
    I get that. I know they aren't coming to my house to take it away. I just mean if my phone ends up being one of the ones on the recall, they should replace it but not inconvenience me. It's their mistake.
    09-02-2016 06:09 AM
    Samsung didn't say every phone was unsafe.
    Samsung said every phone will be replaced for safety reasons. I never said they said every phone was unsafe.
    09-02-2016 06:09 AM
    They have to set up a plan in how to go about this the best way. Everything will be vague until that plan is set in motion.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:10 AM
    However, I don't read that in their statement. They never state that every note7 is considered dangerous. They merely state that any person who has already bought one, if they want a new device, instead Samsung will replace it. We'll see what T-Mobile releases in the coming days , because T-Mobile's statement seemed intentionally vague.
    I didn't say they said every Note was dangerous. They said for safety reasons they would replace all of them.

If you don't want your phone replaced, don't replace it.
    dakini03 likes this.
    Samsung said every phone will be replaced for safety reasons. I never said they said every phone was unsafe.
    I read they will have a way for you to the check if your phone is affected or not.
    Hopefully we get a removable battery for the note 8
    As a general question moving forward.... what other phone comes close to the functionality of the Note 7? because it's apparent I'm going to need a phone to use for the "next coming weeks".
    Well, to be honest, a phone that comes close to the functionality of the Note7 is another Note.
    From what I read the recall is voluntary and the statement from Samsung vague. There have been 35 reported issues but the problem could be isolated.

If my phone is not part of the batch of bad phones, I don't want to return it because there could be some other problem lurking in mass producing replacements.

For now I will wait to hear more from Samsung before I start to worry. My phone is awesome and the best phone I have owned to date.
    09-02-2016 06:11 AM
    I read they will have a way for you to the check if your phone is affected or not.
    There is not affected phones, Samsung is replacing them all.
    What's up with the rumor of people thinking they have to send the phone in and wait for a replacement? I'm under the impression that it will be in-store carrier exchange or a new device shipped from carrier with return label for old device.... Try to scam and keep both devices and the carrier charges your account..
    kh965 and dstrauss like this.
    Not what Samsung said at all.
    09-02-2016 06:12 AM
1,397 ... 2829303132 ...