The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

I do love the phone, but I think it would depend on how the recall is handled. If they are going to give me a refurbished unit or repair my device I may pass and look to the Moto Z when it comes out. If they are giving brand new devices then I would stick with the note I think.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

I hope if there is a recall we get a brand new phone not a repaired one, we didn't ask for a issue even thought these days it seems to happen to just about anything but we paid for a brand new phone in good faith and it would break my heart to have a refurbished no matter how good it might look. I don't want to go back to Apple they are just too plain vanilla after having my Note

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Recall over the weekend?

:cool: Umm..had a plan to Buy-1: SgNote7 for my Honey, but I'll better wait
for an iPhone7-Hehe! "Better Safe that sorry" According with sources
the exploded-Batteries phone happened in samsungKorea

With the 1st SgNote7 release. I guess now Samsung goes to rollBack
the unwise decision of un-Removable battery phones-Copied from
Apple-Oops! Imagine how a user can't Replace the battery
in the event of an Explosion,.To be continued: Bye now

Learn more: Samsung will reportedly issue worldwide recall of Galaxy Note 7 | The Verge
Uh, sealed batteries were a thing before the S6 came about.

If anything, Samsung is just following everyone else.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not Concerned About Recalls

I am glad you enjoy your phone but I personally am not going to keep the phone I have if the manufactures suggest I send it back because it may explode. I see no point in keeping that one if that could happen.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I love my Note7 too, but if mine is one of those affected, I wouldn't hesitate to change it for a new one.

I don't take something like a faulty battery lightly. When the battery on my dad's phone bulged, I told him to stop using it immediately.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

I would send it back for a new one but I don't want a refurbished one when we all bought them brand new - I also would like to know if they pull the old battery how will that affect the water resistance numbers

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I would send it back for a new one but I don't want a refurbished one when we all bought them brand new - I also would like to know if they pull the old battery how will that affect the water resistance numbers
When it comes to recalls, they probably won't issue refurbs.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site

:cool: There's Not reason for a big Fuss,.But affects Samsung reputation
and favored its competitor-Apple: Hope both of them rollBack its
unwise decision to make phones with un-Removable batteries

How a user Can replace the Battery in an exploded Phone or due
to other defects. Goto figure out and stay Tuned @ACentral - Recall details
Link: Samsung will reportedly issue worldwide recall of Galaxy Note 7 | The Verge

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Have you talked to your carrier?

Right now nothing is pointing to US phones, but if anything is, I'm sure Samsung is communicating with carriers.

Well, the Yonhap article, which is what just about every other news site is referencing about this recall, says Samsung is talking with Verizon. If true, that would sure seem to point to US phones as well.

It's all speculation now of course, but if everyone is referencing one part of the source article, than it makes sense to look at the rest of that same source article ..

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Well, the Yonhap article, which is what just about every other news site is referencing about this recall, says Samsung is talking with Verizon. If true, that would sure seem to point to US phones as well.

It's all speculation now of course, but if everyone is referencing one part of the source article, than it makes sense to look at the rest of that same source article ..

Verizon has placed all Note 7's on backordered status shipping on September 30 (changed from yesterday September 7) and ATT has grayed out the Note 7 on it's smartphone page, with no dates given. So it seems that American carriers are responding. At least as of this afternoon, orders were not possible through samsung.com.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah they say that, but sales are only being stopped in international markets. You can even still buy the phone at Samsung USA.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

If they issue a recall, I expect Samsung to do what makes customers happy. If there is a worldwide recall for a safety issue, it will be a big deal and I think they will go above and beyond.

At minimum, doing that will boost the Samsung reputation, a win for Samsung, a win for customers.

Weils

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

I'm not concerned with this issue either. The way I see it, this type of thing happens to only a small fraction of the people who own the phone. And I always noticed the news seldom reported whether the affected owner used a 3rd party charger/cable/connector when the battery exploded and the conditions leading to the battery demise.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm not concerned with this issue either. The way I see it, this type of thing happens to only a small fraction of the people who own the phone. And I always noticed the news seldom reported whether the affected owner used a 3rd party charger/cable/connector when the battery exploded and the conditions leading to the battery demise.
This seems to be getting different attention from Samsung. There is inventory being pulled in other countries.

Pluka471

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

It seems like both Verizon and AT&T have taken the Note 7 out of stock. AT&T now shows it out of stock where it had a ship date of Sept 9-16th earlier today, and Verizon shows it available on 9/30. I guess we'll hear about the recall staring tomorrow or Tuesday if they want to avoid rushing the stores on the holiday weekend.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

If they issue a recall, I expect Samsung to do what makes customers happy. If there is a worldwide recall for a safety issue, it will be a big deal and I think they will go above and beyond.

At minimum, doing that will boost the Samsung reputation, a win for Samsung, a win for customers.
That's what they should do, really.

Samsung is a world-wide brand with serious brand power. Their reputation is on the line with this.

This is an opportunity to show how they can handle a recall. They can't mess this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe