The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know we are trying to keep the recall stuff to one thread, but is there any chance you guys can open 1 thread per Carrier? i.e. "Verizon Recall info"?

I think that would be more helpful for the community, since carriers may handle things differently.

Just a thought ..
I'll ask a moderator.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Note 7; A Rushed Product from Samsung

From the use of number '7' to the early release cycle of Note this year, Samsung targeted this device to counter upcoming bulk of phones like V20, Pixels and especially the iPhone '7'.

It made sense. Samsung nailed the timing. With a complete package on paper, the Note 7 had everything going for it. Little did we know that Samsung while hitting the nail on the head, ignored that the nail was placed on top of their own feet. In summary, the software optimisation could've been much better. With the Note 5 Samsung introduced a new look of touchwiz which they later fully refined in the S7 series. The software (except RAM management) worked flawlessly. With the Note 7 the software should've been optimised to near perfection. But Samsung decided to change it and didn't give it time for refinement. While many people don't suffer lag and other annoyances, others do.

Secondly there's the hardware issue. Battery, gaps in the screen (sorry no it can't be a feature) and scratches. Samsung hasn't faced these many issues since a long long time. And it all boils down to one thing; Note 7 was rushed.

If they took their time with quality testing and software optimisation, this would have been the best phone for years to come. It would've been absolutely perfect. But they didn't. They rushed it to the market and look where they stand now.

What's the big deal? It's a hit on their reputation. Imagine if they come out with another batch and the same thing happens again somewhere. The ice is too thin for Note 7 to walk on now.

It's back to square one. Like it was supposed to. It will relaunch in a few weeks. Along with the iPhone 7, Pixels and LGV20. And though I'm sure the Note 7 will still be one the best choices among these phones, it will be facing a serious serious competition especially with its one leg broken (rep).

All because Samsung couldn't wait.

All because Samsung didn't believe in their product.

Market competition aside, a well optimised Note 7 with least amount of hardware issues would've killed anything in its way any day of the week.

Samsung. Man. You should've waited. Best of luck!

Sincerely,
Technology fan boy.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7; A Rushed Product from Samsung

From the use of number '7' to the early release cycle of Note this year, Samsung targeted this device to counter upcoming bulk of phones like V20, Pixels and especially the iPhone '7'.

It made sense. Samsung nailed the timing. With a complete package on paper, the Note 7 had everything going for it. Little did we know that Samsung while hitting the nail on the head, ignored that the nail was placed on top of their own feet. In summary, the software optimisation could've been much better. With the Note 5 Samsung introduced a new look of touchwiz which they later fully refined in the S7 series. The software (except RAM management) worked flawlessly. With the Note 7 the software should've been optimised to near perfection. But Samsung decided to change it and didn't give it time for refinement. While many people don't suffer lag and other annoyances, others do.

Secondly there's the hardware issue. Battery, gaps in the screen (sorry no it can't be a feature) and scratches. Samsung hasn't faced these many issues since a long long time. And it all boils down to one thing; Note 7 was rushed.

If they took their time with quality testing and software optimisation, this would have been the best phone for years to come. It would've been absolutely perfect. But they didn't. They rushed it to the market and look where they stand now.

What's the big deal? It's a hit on their reputation. Imagine if they come out with another batch and the same thing happens again somewhere. The ice is too thin for Note 7 to walk on now.

It's back to square one. Like it was supposed to. It will relaunch in a few weeks. Along with the iPhone 7, Pixels and LGV20. And though I'm sure the Note 7 will still be one the best choices among these phones, it will be facing a serious serious competition especially with its one leg broken (rep).

All because Samsung couldn't wait.

All because Samsung didn't believe in their product.

Market competition aside, a well optimised Note 7 with least amount of hardware issues would've killed anything in its way any day of the week.

Samsung. Man. You should've waited. Best of luck!

Sincerely,
Technology fan boy.

I don't think it was cause it was rushed. It is a battery issue from the supplier

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I know we are trying to keep the recall stuff to one thread, but is there any chance you guys can open 1 thread per Carrier? i.e. "Verizon Recall info"?

I think that would be more helpful for the community, since carriers may handle things differently.

Just a thought ..
GOOD CALL!!! THAT WOULD HELP A LOT!!!

Peace. Alan

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've read AT&T's non-response a dozen tines, and I'm just going to sit tight until I get clear information letting can exchange mine for a new batch GN7 - my main concern is resale value at this point - if you can't demonstrate you swapped out for the recall replacement batch you are going to take a big haircut at trade-up time.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly the corporate office might not have given the stores info about this yet.

^^^This

I know it sounds crazy. But the size of this undertaking is huge, multiple countries, multiple companies. The number of rules, laws and procedures that have to be checked off is off the charts. Pair that with organizations that do not do recalls of this magnitude often, if ever, and they are building the plane while they fly it.

I recommend just exercising patience. We are at the very beginning of this. It is likely that you will have the clarity you seek by early next week.

Deep breath in, exhale. again.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here's mine... Jumped my wife from a s7 to a note 7... Got the note yesterday, yeah, awesome timing. I called T-Mobile shortly after they released a quick statement today. Here is basically what I was told.

After I explained that the Note is on a shelf, powered off an in a box, and that my wife is still using her S7, the rep spoke to a supervisor... They said that I could return the Note, our just wait it out until Samsung issues guidance on what to do with respect to exchanges. I won't get penalized... Whether it's return windows, or EIP payments, etc... I'll be taken care of and no 'gotchas'. Once they hear back, they will issue a statement and then we can move forward from there.

I'm not worried... She still has a phone to use now, and she'll still get her new Note 7.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
^^^This

I know it sounds crazy. But the size of this undertaking is huge, multiple countries, multiple companies. The number of rules, laws and procedures that have to be checked off is off the charts. Pair that with organizations that do not do recalls of this magnitude often, if ever, and they are building the plane while they fly it.

I recommend just exercising patience. We are at the very beginning of this. It is likely that you will have the clarity you seek by early next week.

Deep breath in, exhale. again.

This is the best advice in the whole thread :)

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint just told me i can either take it into the store right now and get a loaner phone till the new one comes in OR i can keep it till the new one comes in late next week they claim. So screw the loaner phone ill take the screen protector off and have fun with it for 10 days or so till the new one comes in.

Seems like a good thing from sprint to give either a loaner phone or let you exchange it in store no matter where you bought it.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually he paid $1195 new sealed, i bought it for $600, i am a private seller not a business, i am not ethically bound to tell anyone anything SIR.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
We are going to close this thread.

Please hold on! We are working on making separate threads per carrier since each carrier is handling it differently. Be on the lookout for these threads shortly!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Either way it's a great phone that I love. I'll get my replacement and enjoy it for a long time. It's also about the best reviewed phone I have seen on all the tech blogs. So while the OP may not respect the phone, just about everyone else who is reviewing it does, very much so ..

Different folks need different phones. Nothing wrong with that ..

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

The note 7 has probably been in active development for 12-18 months prior to release. Your analysis is silly bordering on stupid.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

People always complain about the software, not sure what that has to do with the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos