09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    I would imagine T-mobile (and other carriers) will let you keep your phone and then send you the new one when its available and you send them the old one back.

I would also imagine Samsung will probably throw in some kind of free gift for the trouble.
    09-02-2016 06:59 AM
    35 sent in to be tested, out of those 24 had the battery issues...that's a high percentage which is why there is a recall.
    Out of 1 million sold. That isn't high.
    09-02-2016 07:01 AM
    Hi Kelly. I'm guessing this comment was meant as a response to someone else.
    No it was to you about not being confident they knew the issue..
    09-02-2016 07:01 AM
    OMG, if they made bulletproof screens and kevlar in the back of the phone... I would be jacket carrying it everyday and have it cover my heart as part of my EDC I was thinking the other day if I could have a company make me a Kydex holster for the Note 7 to go with my IWC.

First the guns, and now the phones...

I'm loving all the "Samsung should do this that and the other" posts. "Samsung should install Android Oreo and put in 16GB of RAM, bulletproof glass and a Nvidia Titan. Here's your chance to make it right Sammy!"

Gave me a laugh this AM!
    09-02-2016 07:02 AM
    Not to mention they have touch disease to worry about. They are in no position to throw stones.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:03 AM
    Out of 1 million sold. That isn't high.
    They didn't test 1 million. They pulled 35 out of the 1 million and out of the 35 they tested, 24 had issues.
    09-02-2016 07:03 AM
    No it was to you about not being confident they knew the issue..
    Oh. OK. Thank you. I'm really no that worried about it. My Note is great and like I said, I think they are doing the right thing.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:05 AM
    If manufacturing processes were perfect we wouldn't need warranties. These things happen. The timing sucks, the scale sucks but they are taking care of the problem.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:05 AM
    They didn't test 1 million. They pulled 35 out of the 1 million and out of the 35 they tested, 24 had issues.
    Never said they did. They have sold one million, 35 have been sent in with problems, out of the 35 with problems, 24 were found to have a battery issue.
    Weils likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:06 AM
    Oh. OK. Thank you. I'm really no that worried about it. My Note is great and like I said, I think they are doing the right thing.
    I knew they would handle it because it is such a big deal, I really didn't think they would replace all that have been sold.

They are handling it better than other recalls I have seen.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:07 AM
    Some of us stayed up to watch the presser. Also as team members of Android Central, we are here to try and help members with problems.
    That's fine but trying to spin everything as a positive and Samsung can't do no wrong does not help in my opinion. I feel the same toward people who do the same for Apple. Hypocrites on both sides. If this was Apple, Samsung fans would be dancing in the streets. But since it's not, let's look at the bright side of things. And Apple fanatics are probably dancing in the streets and would be apologists for Apple if it was them. I don't get that mentality from anyone. These are all tech companies that just want money from us. I'm not married to any of them and certainly not going to go above and beyond to defend their actions. That's just my view. You don't have to agree. Youve done a great job telling everyone it's only 24 devices.

In my view, the fact that they're recalling all means they have no clue about the actual number of devices impacted. So just doing this so they won't get sued later on. They dropped the ball during QC for this and confidence in them has dwindled some. And don't worry, my confidence in other companies has dwindled too at times. (FYI so no one has to deflect and bring up other companies) . So sure Samsung is doing the best thing they can do whichi is recall all devices but it's because whatever QC they did or lack thereof sucked and could potentially be a headache for consumers. And sure we know it's a small % of devices (that they know of) but the problem is they don't know. And although I have let experienced problems (I charge wirelessly most of times) who to say that phones that charge wirelessly most of the time take longer to bring about the defect. No one knows. Some people choose to acknowledge one or the other: QC was fumbled AND they're doing the right thing now. I choose to acknowledge both parts.

So for all the people talking about "I'm keeping my device" ought to be cautious. Defects don't have to reveal themselves immediately. And good luck trying to sell a note 7 next year when skeptical buyers aren't sure if your device was replaced or one that's a ticking time bomb. Literally.
    debdroid1a, Bosbouer and delynnie like this.
    09-02-2016 07:08 AM
    I'm not excited about having to redo my setup on my phone, but I understand what they are doing.
    I think it's a good thing how they reacted to this major flaw, although I wish it wasn't there in the first place. I dont have a note 7 so I can't be mad that they are recalling some back.
    09-02-2016 07:09 AM
    That's fine but trying to spin everything as a positive and Samsung can't do no wrong does not help in my opinion. I feel the same toward people who do the same for Apple. Hypocrites on both sides.
    I think you don't know me.

I'm in my own talks with Samsung about other issues as I have threatened to walk away from Samsung. Right now I am probably the least happy person with Samsung.

I'm not spinning anything, unless posting the facts with know now, with the source cited is spinning.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:11 AM
    They are not going to fire up their R&D and bring us a updated device in a couple weeks Time....Were getting the same phone with a different battery batch.... That's all
    If manufacturing processes were perfect we wouldn't need warranties. These things happen. The timing sucks, the scale sucks but they are taking care of the problem.
    Agree but not to this extent for smartphones. It's not just the manufacturing process. It's the testing process. It would seem that wasn't done as thoroughly as possible especially with using USB C for the first time in one of their flagship devices. It's almost as of they took testing this as serious as people that buy cheap cables from eBay.
    Never said they did. They have sold one million, 35 have been sent in with problems, out of the 35 with problems, 24 were found to have a battery issue.
    That's my point, that's a high percentage, 24 out of 35 had issues. For Samsung, that's a risk they don't want to take with the 1 million out there.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    I think you don't know me.

I'm in my own talks with Samsung about other issues as I have threatened to walk away from Samsung. Right now I am probably the least happy person with Samsung.

I'm not spinning anything, unless posting the facts with know now, with the source cited is spinning.
    Keep in mind I'm not saying this is all you. So please don't take it personally. Just observations.
    09-02-2016 07:12 AM
    Keep in mind I'm not saying this is all you. So please don't take it personally. Just observations.
    I think you are reading too much into my posts.
    09-02-2016 07:13 AM
    If the batteries are in fact exploding in the phones, sending in the battery alone isn't going to fix the phone, you will still need the phone fixed.
    You are misunderstanding the issue. The issue is that if defective batteries were the cause of explosion, Samsung's liability would be much less if the batteries were replaceable. They could simply send replacement batteries, instead of recalling the phone.

Bottom line: if Samsung is going take away the replaceable batteries, they better get the built-in one right.
    21stNow likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:15 AM
    If I disable DT Ignite will this solve the problem?

Edit: I recognize only a few forum geeks will understand this humor.
    If the battery is fault, users that have used the device already would know. They would have insanely poor battery life, hot running devices, and or it went boom.
    This. There's something samsung are obviously not saying. Plus if its just 35 units, would that be enough to warrant a full unprecedented recall?
    Bosbouer likes this.
    I think you are reading too much into my posts.
    Like I said I'm not specifically talking about you in everything I referenced. It's observations from various users on this and other threads. So don't read too much into my posts
    Well I personally don't think there was anything wrong with GG5... I think whoever is doing the 3D forming to shape the N7 glass... I think there could be a process issue that's could be the cause of some glass being more brittle/cracking or where you hear some people getting scratches and some putting a knife to theres and not.

I'll wait for them to get rid of the current batch of glasses with the recall replacements and get me a fresh batch of glass. Corning will do whats good for them by looking at this process carefully. I mean you didn't read much about previous edge models with issues regardless of shape they needed to be formed too.

They are not going to fire up their R&D and bring us a updated device in a couple weeks Time....Were getting the same phone with a different battery batch.... That's all
    09-02-2016 07:17 AM
1,397 ... 3233343536 ...