are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 to iPhone 7 anyone?

Go to an Apple Store if you can, I've had amazing service from them.
I originally did and they told me $349 and couldnt do anything about the missing Applecare. I finally got it resolved after 2 1/2 hours on the phone last night. Went to the store and in 9 minutes I was walking out with a new phone. Its had me seriously considering going back to ios after Samsungs updated status on the note 7 exchanges today.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

Not a chance, I'm going to wait for my replacement Note 7. I'd look into other phones before I ever use another iPhone or Apple product for that matter.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I'm seriously looking into orderning the 7 Plus now. If I order the Tmobile one off apple's website and for in store pickup in a few weeks since it's backordered, do I have to notify Tmobile I have a new IMEI number or can I just pop the micro simcard in my S7 from Tmobile into my new Iphone? Does it take the same size sim card?

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Just ordered gold iphone 7(Not backorderd)from tmobile. I'm currently using an s7 edge after turning in note. I think I'm done with Samsung for now

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

For me the V20 is more interesting than the iphone 7. I just don't think I am ready to buy a phone from Lucky Goldstar yet.

So I am in a waiting pattern. I am still enjoying the hell out of my Note 7, and will until the new ones come in stock with Verizon. I confirmed today I can order the new Note 7 and ship mine back upon receipt and activation of the new one.

If it takes too long, I will go and play with the V20, and listen about the Pixel.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I'm not a iPhone person (look me up) but IMOP VR sucks. I used the "free" Galaxy VR for like 2 hours and it's been in the box since.
And the IPhone is only boring if you like to change launchers and really use widgets everywhere (which I don't), so for me I don't think it will be boring.

That being said I will miss the always on display. Just about every phone I've had in the past few years has had some form of it...hand wave...tap to wake, and true AOD.
IPhone is still boring...you may not use VR but some of us make great use of it....plus I will not give up my secure folder feature...i enjoy having two devices in one....and I would not want to give up my s-pen..apple cannot challenge the note 7 in anyway when it comes to features....

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I'm seriously looking into orderning the 7 Plus now. If I order the Tmobile one off apple's website and for in store pickup in a few weeks since it's backordered, do I have to notify Tmobile I have a new IMEI number or can I just pop the micro simcard in my S7 from Tmobile into my new Iphone? Does it take the same size sim card?

Same sim card size yes. Im not sure on tmobile but on at&t you just swap sims, no notifying them

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I don't want to go back 4 years in time in smartphone tech/features, so no. My Lumias were a lot more appealing than any iPhone. Sticking with the Note 7 for now.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site

Primary reason why I'll upgrade iPhone 6 Plus to Note 7.

I already have a Note 5 on another carrier (not ready for upgrade) and S Pen is the primary reason I went with a Note 5 (at the time).

One feature I really love on the Note 7 is the ability to use the S Pen to crop and edit photos, videos, documents, and web pages. That single-handedly is one of the main reasons I'll be keeping the note. The S Pen is a very powerful tool.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
After reading about the real possibility of a CPSC official recall and the additional delays that would put into the exchange process, the thought has crossed my mind. I have never owned and apple device in my life and generally despise the company and the image they portray, but I don't see any other Android offering available that even remotely interests me right now. I just came from the S7 Edge, and I don't want to take a step backwards with a lower-end Samsung or even the V 20. I don't know that I would consider an iPhone an upgrade, it would just be something different. I did Windows phone for 2 years and really enjoyed it, but Windows 10 mobile feels like beta still and IMHO that ecosystem is dead

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

IPhone is still boring...you may not use VR but some of us make great use of it....plus I will not give up my secure folder feature...i enjoy having two devices in one....and I would not want to give up my s-pen..apple cannot challenge the note 7 in anyway when it comes to features....

Guess you missed the part where I said "IMOP". It wont be boring to me.
Yes I agree that it does not have as many features as the N7, but meh. It's a solid OS and after the N7 phone I need solid.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

For us seriously thinking about getting an Iphone, with the government getting involved is it safe to say the revised Notes won't be ready to sway for us for awhile now?

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

After reading about the real possibility of a CPSC official recall and the additional delays that would put into the exchange process, the thought has crossed my mind. I have never owned and apple device in my life and generally despise the company and the image they portray, but I don't see any other Android offering available that even remotely interests me right now. I just came from the S7 Edge, and I don't want to take a step backwards with a lower-end Samsung or even the V 20. I don't know that I would consider an iPhone an upgrade, it would just be something different. I did Windows phone for 2 years and really enjoyed it, but Windows 10 mobile feels like beta still and IMHO that ecosystem is dead
There is no point hating a product for that. I feel you should try it first, and if you really dun like it, you can stay away from it after that. Apple dun remain at the top or command trend changes 'arrogantly' for no reason. For what iPhone may be lacking compared to the most advanced Android phones, they really make it up with a super polished and stable product which is enough to meet most people's need.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know I'll get a ton of apple hate with this one, but it's not why I'm asking.

I'm genuinely curious. Note 7 users must've seen the keynote just to see if the iPhone is a potential option for replacement.

With waterproofing, new cameras and a lot of power under the hood, has the iPhone 7 done anything to sway you?

The black color must be tempting for those who had the black note 7. They almost look the same. The matte black looks extremely nice.

I know feature wise the iPhone doesn't even come close to the Note. But still. What's everybody's take on this? Has Apple done enough? Can Apple ever do enough?

Android and IOS are too different for my taste. I won't give up android although I do have an ipad. On the other hand I wouldn't buy the Note either.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Truly I can only suffer with iOS on the iPads....so one of my tablets is a iPad Pro due to the tablet optimized apps.....

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

After posting several times that I plan on keeping my Note 7, I'm actually beginning to have second thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Note 7 is the best phone on the market today, despite the iPhone 7 marketing team making people believe otherwise. However, I started to think about resale value when it's time to sale the Note 7. I most always sell my smartphones on eBay or Craigslist to help pay for a new phone, and now with the battery issues, I think this will greatly affect the resale value. Unless there is something that identifies the replacement Note 7 as one without the battery issue, how do you prove to a potential buyer that the phone you are selling is not a phone with a battery issue?

I don't know, but I am having second thoughts about sticking with the beautiful Note 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.