Has anyone received an email from the carrier about the recall?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Wait so Verizon isn't allowing it's customers to get a refund?

Lol, I seriously hate doing any hardware transactions with US carriers.

I'm just going to wait till the Note 7 is unlocked. No way is it holding its value after this debacle.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I received an Text Message from Verizon today.

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got Verizon text.
69c2fea322e579f52ba6e0d9dda3eecf.jpg

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Wait so Verizon isn't allowing it's customers to get a refund?

Lol, I seriously hate doing any hardware transactions with US carriers.

I'm just going to wait till the Note 7 is unlocked. No way is it holding its value after this debacle.

I think you can get a refund.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I also just got the Verizon text. I'll probably wait til week after next to exchange. Now if Samsung would please process my "gift" memory card I'd be a happy camper.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
No notification from Rogers. I contacted them and they had no idea when I can walk in their store and exchange the phone on the spot. They offered me to come over, give them my phone to send out while I get a loaner. Another option he proposed was to return my phone for a full refund. No way I am doing this. I will wait until a new improved batch is available at Rogers stores. I contacted Samsung and got the same answer - we don't know when.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The New Note 7's should start to come out next week. I will give mine in when they arrive. The only phone that I will replace My Note 7 with is another Note 7!

Last edited:

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Why am I the only one receiving this one? Like they have no faith I'm gonna keep the Note 7.

“FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7.“

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Even though exchange phones have not yet been received by the carries, the recall has been officially announced by Samsung and I have not received one email from Verizon addressing the situation. Has anyone heard from a carrier yet?

Just got formally text.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon just sent me a recall text, saying "IF I want to return or exchange my Note 7"

I thought this was a mandatory recall? Why did they use the word "IF"?

Attachments

• 2704.jpg
    2704.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 85

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non