Another Note7 has blown-up in Australia - Please stop using your phone ATM

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
That's not a good idea.

The Note has its own dedicated fanbase for a reason. Killing it off wouldn't be a smart move.

Exactly. I was a Motorola chick for a long time and the note 3 is what got me to switch to samsung and I've been with them every since. I tried s6 edge + I ended up giving it to my fiance. The note is what get my attention lol. I've had note 3, 5 and now 7.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
:cool: As I said in the thread tilted "What Samsung should do to regain.."
What most factories do with the output of Faulty products, whether
is an Electronic gadget-Clothing-Food,.etc. Is Stop assembling
and discard the product totally to avoid spread the infection

Samsung should limit its models to SGs7:Gs7Edge & apply all its
Technology on them. Why Apple is successful they dealing just
with one-Model..Samsung eliminate totally Note7-From the
menu or face the consequences. Do am I right-Androids

No they don't just stop making it.

The phone being a Note has zero to do with this. It could have easily been another phone.

The Note is much better selling that the 's line of phones.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
That's not a good idea.

The Note has its own dedicated fanbase for a reason. Killing it off wouldn't be a smart move.
Your statement sounds reasonable, but they'll assessed the Pros & Cons with
its Marketing-Advisors and take in account the Economy cost..I could be
wrong as Always "Sam-Gs7" But that remain to be seen: stay Tuned!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Trust me, they aren't getting rid of the Note 😊

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm still fast charging... my batt hasn't got above 37.2°c while charging and me using it same time... that's not bad...

I don't leave it plugged in when I'm not aware and close by, but ima use it the way it was intended to...

Samsung has not issued any statement sayi.g NOT to fast charge, or anything else, other than it's been recalled...

So ima use it the way I was supposed to till it either goes down in the blaze of glory, or I get a new one....

I didn't spend what I did to babysit...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Really? I always thought that the Galaxy S line was the volume seller.
No..many went with the Note for the big screen.

The S6 Plus did well because many previous Note people didn't want a sealed battery and no SD card and the S6 Plus was the same but cheaper. No need for a Note for a big screen.

Then the no release of the Note in the UK last year, the S6 Plus sold well. This year the S7 sold well, it was a big screen again. But.. The Note 7 already outsold it during the pre-release. Even in South Korea the Note doubled the sales of the S7.

Now with the S line having a big screen, it will likely sell more. No reason to spend that money for an spen if you don't use it.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No..many went with the Note for the bug screen.

The S6 Plus did well because many previous Note people didn't want a sealed battery and no SD card and the S6 Plus was the same but cheaper. No need for a Note for a big screen.

Then the no release of the Note in the UK last year, the S6 Plus sold well. This year the S7 sold well, it was a big screen again. But.. The Note 7 already outsold it during the pre-release. Even in South Korea the Note doubled the sales of the S7.

As far as T-Mobile goes, the S7 and S& edge were sold out of almost every color off and on for a few weeks. As for the Note 7, only the blue color was sold out during the pre-sale and during the week after, all colors were available every day every time I checked which was several times a day.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
As far as T-Mobile goes, the S7 and S& edge were sold out of almost every color off and on for a few weeks. As for the Note 7, only the blue color was sold out during the pre-sale and during the week after, all colors were available every day every time I checked which was several times a day.
I haven't been able to find a TMO Note 7 here, among 15 stores in a 30 mile radius, for over a week. They were sold out days before last Sunday.

Notes have been the staple device, but a lot of Note owners have also owned the S device.

The larger the screens have gotten the more will go to the S line, the spen is a lot extra for people that don't use it.

Notes have been the special line, they were on target for 12-14 million sold this year.

The Note 5 sales were bad, but like I said, many things contributed to that, a large screen for the S6 Plus and Note 4 people refusing to upgrade. I expect that trend to continue for people that aren't true Note fans but fans of the large screen.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been able to find a TMO Note 7 here, among 15 stores in a 30 mile radius, for over a week. They were sold out days before last Sunday.

Notes have been the staple device, but a lot of Note owners have also owned the S device.

The larger the screens have gotten the more will go to the S line, the spen is a lot extra for people that don't use it.

Notes have been the special line, they were on target for 12-14 million sold this year.

The Note 5 sales were bad, but like u said, many things contributed to that, a large screen for the S6 Plus and Note 4 people refusing to upgrade. I expect that trend to continue for people that aren't true Note fans but fans of the large screen.

I was talking about the online T-Mobile site. They have continuously showed as in stock since they officially went on sale after pre-order. Only the blue color would sell out and usually by the next day they were in stock again. If they were ordered online, it would have been easy to get one overnighted, I just decided a week ago that I was going to skip the Note this year.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about the online T-Mobile site. They have continuously showed as in stock since they officially went on sale after pre-order. Only the blue color would sell out and usually by the next day they were in stock again. If they were ordered online, it would have been easy to get one overnighted, I just decided a week ago that I was going to skip the Note this year.
Oh.. Well even back with pre-orders, they pushed back the release dates of four countries because the pre-orders went above and beyond expectations and they expected a lot. They didn't even expect the huge sales on Korea, it was like 200K in 2 days, double that of the S7.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think there will be more than we hear about.

Before the recall happened, we knew about four or five exploded phones. We found out that 35 had exploded in total when they announced the recall. So for every one we heard about, five more happened we didn't hear about.

I would really like to see the facts you base this on. It would really help consumers in a decision about switching brands if statements like this can be substantiated.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would really like to see the facts you base this on. It would really help consumers in a decision about switching brands if statements like this can be substantiated.
Well I gave the facts. They made the announcement with the recall announcement. They told us the numbers.

What does that have to do with switching brands? People didn't make it public when their phone exploded.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Well I gave the facts. They made the announcement with the recall announcement. They told us the numbers.

What does that have to do with switching brands? People didn't make it public when their phone exploded.

"So for every one we heard about, five more happened we didn't hear about." This statement.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
To quote your original comment on how Apple only has one device to deal with.

That's not necessarily the case these days. The iPhone isn't just a single device anymore. It's a product line that spans 3 options and screen sizes.

The SE is the midrange option and also the smallest one at 4-inches. The standard model (iPhone 6, iPhone 6s/Also called non-Plus iPhones) is the mainstream option and is the middle-sized option at 4.7-inches. The iPhone Plus is the top-end model and also the largest at 5.5-inches.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
To quote your original comment on how Apple only has one device to deal with.

That's not necessarily the case these days. The iPhone isn't just a single device anymore. It's a product line that spans 3 options and screen sizes.

The SE is the midrange option and also the smallest one at 4-inches. The standard model (iPhone 6, iPhone 6s/Also called non-Plus iPhones) is the mainstream option and is the middle-sized option at 4.7-inches. The iPhone Plus is the top-end model and also the largest at 5.5-inches.

I can't see how in the hell anyone can use a 4 inch screen. Even 4.7 way too small for me.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site

:p But still is only one iPhone in which the Worlds high Tech phone company
concentrate all its efforts. Having said that I congratulate you for the organized

Way that you're handling this thread. I'd say to keep the amount of replies
No more than 60-70..and open another is need to make sort of closing
Statement on which points--The users find consensus and Close it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87