23 32.86%
  • Probably going to hand it in.

28 40.00%
  • Na, she'll be right mate.

19 27.14%
09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    OMG The sky is fallling!!!!!!!! The CPSC will not take forever. Sure it will review it, but I would not expect it to take more than a day or 2.. week tops. Samsung will have to provide their testing and their reports, and the desription of the fix... then its released. All the time this takes they are building up stock piles of the devices so when it is released there are plenty to go around.

There is so much random speculation and conspiracy on these threads it makes me sick. Samsung might not be telling the whole story, but what else do you think they are hiding. "Our batteries are blowing up and we are recalling all of them" Where is the hide??!?!??! They are doing as well as anyone can expect them to do considering the circumstances, taking a several Billion dollar loss... and you people won't be happy. Be pissed about the initial bad battery, but the rest you should be reasonable. Tough crowd!
    Agreed they are probably sitting on 2 million fresh units by now.... For people saying it will be "scrapped" I say no chance. I think those poeple just wanna feel better about their iPhone purchase..... cause they know leaving the note 7 is leaving the best phone on the market....(well kinda on the market lol)
    09-10-2016 08:10 AM
    Been charging the hell out of my perfectly working Note 7 and not a single problem yet.

My Note 7 is perfect and I even hate to swap it for the replacement if they ever become available.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    09-10-2016 08:15 AM
    OMG The sky is fallling!!!!!!!! The CPSC will not take forever. Sure it will review it, but I would not expect it to take more than a day or 2.. week tops. Samsung will have to provide their testing and their reports, and the desription of the fix... then its released. All the time this takes they are building up stock piles of the devices so when it is released there are plenty to go around.

There is so much random speculation and conspiracy on these threads it makes me sick. Samsung might not be telling the whole story, but what else do you think they are hiding. "Our batteries are blowing up and we are recalling all of them" Where is the hide??!?!??! They are doing as well as anyone can expect them to do considering the circumstances, taking a several Billion dollar loss... and you people won't be happy. Be pissed about the initial bad battery, but the rest you should be reasonable. Tough crowd!
    Its typical. They'll come back with. Omg the hoverboard took 6month that's because nobody read the article. Just scans thru them. Reason it took longer was. They had no idea how or what is starting the fire. They have no quality control from any manufacturer making those. They had a lot of factories making those with no control. I can see a lot of work needs to be done by that and its not a must need to finish asap as its more of a fun toy. Samsung on the other hand knows what's going on. Tested it and can easily share all the findings with cpsc. Then they verify and do a test as this is a must need to be done asap since this is in more homes and people. I can't see them oh let's take 6 months and have more people risk getting caught on fire. Us on a forum is a very very small % vs the rest of the 2.5mill people who got the phone that might or might not return the phone. I would assume this would also be one of their priority that needs to be done. Media hyper take off for more hits means more money.
    09-10-2016 08:20 AM
    Well done, my friend. I'm with you. Charging and using with no problems.
    You going to exchange your Note 7 when replacements become available?
    Mine has been perfect and I'm a little scared to swap it something that could be worst.
    09-10-2016 08:24 AM
    You going to exchange your Note 7 when replacements become available?
    Mine has been perfect and I'm a little scared to swap it something that could be worst.
    Well then at that point you can just take it back if it's defective.... I'm keeping my note but the first chance I get to exchange I'm jumping on it for peace of mind..... and you can bet these new devices will be top notch and tested to all hell.....
    athenatp and jackash0912 like this.
    09-10-2016 08:28 AM
    What we are owed right now from Samsung is transparency on when new devices will likely become available. I am sure that the CPSC has provided a general idea to Samsung on what their process will entail and how long it will take.

Many of us traded in a phone to get the note7, and cant easily fall back to another device. I don't want to get pushed into last years iPhone or an s7 edge, if I wanted those I would have bought them months ago. I am also not comfortable using the note anymore. If there is no update from Samsung and I can find an iPhone 7 next Friday I am likely gone. An iPhone can always be sold for absolute top dollar while the notes at this point are going to decline in value due to reputation, and the fact that samsung will likely flood the market with millions of discounted refurbs that are essentially good as new.
    09-10-2016 08:30 AM
    Agreed they are probably sitting on 2 million fresh units by now.... For people saying it will be "scrapped" I say no chance. I think those poeple just wanna feel better about their iPhone purchase..... cause they know leaving the note 7 is leaving the best phone on the market....(well kinda on the market lol)
    I agree with all of that. I can't believe the media treatment of this with no practical understanding. When they talk about the FAA announcement they show a tape of a laptop exploding! What the hell does that have to do with anything? It's a weekend and a slow news day I guess. I am very tempted to just wait (no problems with mine whatsoever) but just don't want to get shut out of an exchange program if it takes too long. The only way I would trade it in now is if they gave me a new S7E to play with (maybe I'd like it?) but still let me trade back for the N7 when the CPSC gets over being pissed at Samsung and lets them release what I'm sure is already a safe replacement.
    09-10-2016 08:31 AM
    You win! Best comment yet from the whole recall mumbo jumbo on line.
    Might as well just trade your Note 7 in for a turd
    09-10-2016 08:33 AM
    This thing makes phone calls? That's like the 15th thing on the list that I use this phone for. It's more than just a phone to many people.
    What's your point? You will not die because you can't use a N7. Get a N5, 4, 3, etc... or loaner and wait/hope for a new N7 to be available. But it's really an unwise decision at this point to keep holing on to the current version.
    Nostromo79 and mhettrich like this.
    09-10-2016 08:37 AM
    Nice
    Yes with the right political donation.

We can "Make Samsung Great Again!"

Attachment 239025
    09-10-2016 08:43 AM
    Damn. Mine works fine. No issue's. Go figure. I must have one of the 0.1%.
    Same with the wife and I.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-10-2016 08:43 AM

Would be absolutely foolish for Samsung to be stockpiling right now without some kind of "dont worry it will be ok" from the CPSC.

Now maybe the CPSC has given them that ok. As of now we just dont know when that will be, how long that will be etc.....
    09-10-2016 08:44 AM
    At first, Samsung said they would have the new Notes for sale in a couple of weeks.

But now the plan has changed and they're waiting for the Consumer Products Safety Commission to approve the new Note 7 before they can put back on sale and complete the exchanges.

I read that the CPSC was upset because Samsung created the "Exchange Program" on thier own rather than going through the CPSC and implementing an official public recall.

Of course, I will wait as long as it takes to exchange my Note 7, but I am concerned that the CPSC is going to try to make an example of Samsung and delay approval of the new Note 7 for months.

Or am I just being too pessimistic?
    This is a political spit battle now, and consumers are suffering.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-10-2016 08:46 AM
    What's your point? You will not die because you can't use a N7. Get a N5, 4, 3, etc... or loaner and wait/hope for a new N7 to be available. But it's really an unwise decision at this point to keep holing on to the current version.
    My point is exactly what I typed.

T-Mobile isn't officially doing loaners and my local store and T Force said no loaner. I'm not wasting a Jump just to change phones.

The only way I'll change phones at this point is if the FAA actually bans the device on flights in the next couple weeks because I have a flight coming up. Their current advisement doesn't mean anything.

Stop trying to force your personal opinions on people. Its more likely I'll get hit by a car crossing the street than this phone suffering catastrophic failure.
    jackash0912 and dcooper830 like this.
    09-10-2016 08:50 AM
    Cool factor is highly overrated. I get a phone for its features rather than its reputation. Granted, catching fire or blowing up doesn't add to the feature-set, but now it's about waiting for the replacement, or getting a different device if that's what you want. I don't care a fig what others think of the device I choose to use.
    Also is the damage done already to this years note's reputation?
    09-10-2016 08:50 AM
    This is a political spit battle now, and consumers are suffering.
    Might very well be. Especially if it is true the CPSC is pissed.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-10-2016 08:52 AM
    Yeah, I'll do that once I have a new Note7 in hand. My current Note7 is my only phone and I don't want to downgrade to the S7/S7 edge.
    09-10-2016 08:53 AM
    Thank you. I think for many, and I'm in this group, our smartphones are less phone than computer for us. I never use the phone. Maybe 30 minutes a month max, unless there's something big going on. I use all of the other features regularly and require them for my business. What I do doesn't require hours on the phone. It does require a reliable, well-appointed portable computer. And for me, that's what my Notes are. That's why I buy them and will stay with the line as long as it exists (barring the removal of certain includes).
    This thing makes phone calls? That's like the 15th thing on the list that I use this phone for. It's more than just a phone to many people.
    athenatp and msndrstood like this.
    09-10-2016 08:57 AM
    I don't even want to talk about that trash J series phone...what a joke. Might as well just trade your Note 7 in for a turd.
    I believe that we already have the Turd and it's called the Note 7.
    Cyberguycpt likes this.
    09-10-2016 08:58 AM
    Even though we are probably two thirds iOS, I just can't take it. Sooooooooooooo boring.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-10-2016 09:04 AM
    I wonder if this will delay the Nougat update.

Yep thats right, something else to speculate on and get upset about. You're welcome
    09-10-2016 09:10 AM
    I'm not wasting a Jump just to change phones.
    Return it and your Jump wont be wasted. I'm not trying to force my personal opinions on anyone. I'm stating my opinion...that's allowed isn't it?

Do what you want and if that means holding on to a phone that at this point 3 corporate bodies have advised you to return makes you happy then by all means hold on to it. For me it's just a "smart" phone and there are plenty of those out and I'm using this opportunity to try something different...again. Be safe.
    09-10-2016 09:17 AM
    Speak for yours alone please. Mine is amazing and works perfectly. I will wait for the exchange.
    I believe that we already have the Turd and it's called the Note 7.
    09-10-2016 09:20 AM
    I wonder if this will delay the Nougat update.

Yep thats right, something else to speculate on and get upset about. You're welcome
    Nicely played!
    09-10-2016 09:22 AM
    My point is exactly what I typed.

T-Mobile isn't officially doing loaners and my local store and T Force said no loaner. I'm not wasting a Jump just to change phones.

The only way I'll change phones at this point is if the FAA actually bans the device on flights in the next couple weeks because I have a flight coming up. Their current advisement doesn't mean anything.

Stop trying to force your personal opinions on people. Its more likely I'll get hit by a car crossing the street than this phone suffering catastrophic failure.
    T-Mobile has told me twice on Twitter direct message that I could take my note into any T-Mobile store and grab a phone to use and turn it back in when the note was released. I would not lose a jump. I am not sure who you are talking to
    09-10-2016 09:27 AM
1,655 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD