Recalled Samsung Galaxy Note7 phone
1 of 2 photos
Recalled Samsung Galaxy Note7 phone
Download Share
Recall Summary
Name of product:
Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones sold prior to September 15, 2016

Hazard:
The lithium-ion battery in the Galaxy Note7 smartphones can overheat and catch fire, posing a serious burn hazard to consumers.

Remedy:
View Details RefundReplace Consumer Contact:
Contact your wireless carrier or place of purchase, call Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197 anytime, or go online at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US.

Report an Incident Involving this Product
Recall Details
In conjunction with

Canada Flag Mexico Flag
Units
About 1 million
Description
This recall involves the Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone sold before September 15, 2016. The recalled devices have a 5.7 inch screen and were sold in the following colors: black onyx, blue coral, gold platinum and silver titanium with a matching stylus. Samsung is printed on the top front of the phone and Galaxy Note7 is printed on the back of the phone.

To determine if your phone has been recalled, locate the IMEI number on the back of the phone or the packaging, and enter the IMEI number into the online registration site Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US or call Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197.
Incidents/Injuries
Samsung has received 92 reports of the batteries overheating in the U.S., including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage, including fires in cars and a garage.
Remedy
Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for more details.

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Recall impacts 97% of phones in US. Stay safe out there.
So if you're phone is part of the recall...which you have a link to verify and you do not return it then you are 100% an ***** and will be liable for any damages caused if your phone ever has a meltdown.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

The reports of exploding batteries on Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 are "the biggest nightmare that anybody can think of in terms of phones," Sree Sreenivasan, New York City's new chief digital officer, told CNBC's "Squawk Alley" on Monday.

"I can't think of a worse situation," Sreenivasan said. "And I think what the company has to do is be upfront about it and be very clear about how it will fix the problem, what happened and how it will work. Because they were hoping this was the best phone that's ever been released, and in fact, it's going to go down as one of the worst.... It's going to be very scary for Samsung."

This came from the article on a CPSC announcement. Who the heck is this guy?? I think Samsung has been VERY upfront and transparent about the problem. I also don't see how this issue makes the Note 7 the "worst" phone ever released. Hate the sensationalism.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
"Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device."

So does this mean they already have new Note 7's ready?

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
So I read both cpsc and samsung website and new notes will be available so it looks like they approved the ones with the new battery please see my post above unless I read it wrong

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean the phones are available immediately? Wish there were more specifics. They really didn't tell us much that we didn't already know.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
People who did not trade in or exchange their Note 7 for a loaner device will have first access to devices tomorrow morning everyone else who got a loaner device will have to wait until all pre-revision Notes have been confirmed turned in.

LOL wouldn't that be funny.

Last edited:

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like they said exactly what samsung said just more official. Is samsung going to announce something next? Something like approved new units are now available or availability date? The 3% unaffected and not part of recall makes me a little uneasy. Samsung saying all units affected and return or exchange sounded better.

Edit: Didn't see above post. Thank you for date of new ones being available.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
People who did not trade in or exchange their Note 7 for a loaner device will have first access to devices tomorrow morning everyone else who got a loaner device will have to wait until all Notes have been confirmed turned in.

LOL wouldn't that be funny.

If that is the case, then we will never see them as there will not be 100% compliance. I just turned mine in yesterday (figures) and got another brand until the replacements came out. My carrier has the records that I turned it in, so they should let me replace it without waiting at the end of the line.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
In us new note will be available no later than 21st. Yes I would assume those of us who have the bad one would be taken care of. Is anyone going to their store tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.