Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
they did keep everyone of the carriers in the loop some of them were too foolish to actually bother to read all the information that was distributed but once they did they are more understanding. I still think Samsung did more than anytime I ever had a issue with a Apple product. I had a issue with my Apple Watch first thing they said while I was standing there was oh you have to come back on Sunday and it was only Thursday - What was I supposed to do till Sunday, then they asked oh what did you do to the watch. In Samsung's defense they told people to turn in their phones, this started last Friday yet on the forum I see many saying oh it won't happen to mine, mine doesn't run hot, I only charge it where I can watch it, then I unplug it - they wouldn't issue such a statement to turn it off if they didn't think someone could get seriously hurt

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
None of the carriers have them yet they said. IMO I can see them ditching it this year, or it won't be out until later in oct.
I think later this year. There's still to much interest. They won't make as much now, but once the recall is over things will start moving again. The note 8 might be a later release now though.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Watching this Note 7 situation is fascinating to me; how Samsung is handling it and the idea of a phone catching fire is not, but the number of people ignoring the recall is what I find truly interesting. I just hope none of these people share busses with me, have it turned on in their cars on roads I use, fly in planes with me, stay in hotels I am in, etc.

This is not a panic situation, just bring your phone back and get a refund or exchange. Simple. Not the end of the world. Don't try to justify using a device that adds needless risk to yours, or mine and my family's daily routine though.

If I ever ended up in a situation where I was harmed because someone ignored a safety recall on any product because they were smarter than the manufacturers or authorities, they had better lawyer up.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
We are now just waiting for the lobby money to hit the hands of the USCPSC and others involved. Once all palms have been greased properly shipping will flow again.

How would the issue get accelerated in the first place? An Apple a day keeps Samsung at bay ;)

Apple lobbyists are good enough to get free of billions in taxes (that roll onto the middle class to cover). This is easy peasy.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I really don't know what to do at this point, now that it seems this situation has become a lot more complicated. I was okay with just continuing to use the phone until the replacements came in, bit now it seems this timeframe has become very confusing. I mailed my old 6S back literally the day of the recall, so I don't have a backup phone. I don't want to downgrade to a S7 Edge, I certainly don't want a J series cheap phone, the iPhone 7 is backordered into God knows when at this point...ugh...this is such a mess. The only 2 options that seem realistic at this point is A - just keep using Note 7 and roll the dice, or B - downgrade to S7 Edge and cut my losses. I'm totally okay with rolling the dice on this, thats what my gut is saying...I'm just worried this is heading towards a mandatory recall. So idk.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure it will be mandatory recall.
Sold my perfect condition note 4 after receiving the 7 so no back up here , local sprint store says out of loaners any thing esle they can help with.
I'm putting my 7 on the wireless charger and going to sleep.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I really don't know what to do at this point, now that it seems this situation has become a lot more complicated. I was okay with just continuing to use the phone until the replacements came in, bit now it seems this timeframe has become very confusing. I mailed my old 6S back literally the day of the recall, so I don't have a backup phone. I don't want to downgrade to a S7 Edge, I certainly don't want a J series cheap phone, the iPhone 7 is backordered into God knows when at this point...ugh...this is such a mess. The only 2 options that seem realistic at this point is A - just keep using Note 7 and roll the dice, or B - downgrade to S7 Edge and cut my losses. I'm totally okay with rolling the dice on this, thats what my gut is saying...I'm just worried this is heading towards a mandatory recall. So idk.

A lot of us are in the same situation. I have even considered... an iPhone LOL because the only backup phone I have is a Windows phone and it would literally just be a phone. I might as well get a flip phone because all of my apps and information are Google based

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Well done, my friend. I'm with you. Charging and using with no problems.

Same boat. The s7 and s7:edge are at the end of their life cycle. They are overpriced. The j is a joke. You didn't mention a refund as an option but that's a possibility then wait two weeks and see where thing stand with n7, iPhone , v20 and Nexus. I am leaning in that direction and grabbing a used cheapie for two weeks.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

32gb models on apple site say 2-3 weeks and tmobile basically same time period. I love the Note 7 but this year the stigma is on it and likely won't be able to fly and such with it now. It's safe to say this years is a dud. Not performance and spec wise because it's top of the line phone, but the battery issue. It won't be a good seller and even otterbox probably won't release the defender for it now because not many people will buy the phones.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Sold my perfect condition note 4 after receiving the 7 so no back up here , local sprint store says out of loaners any thing esle they can help with.

If it is a government recall do you think the note 7 can recover from this, or just forget about the debacle and focus on the Note 8?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sold my perfect condition note 4 after receiving the 7 so no back up here , local sprint store says put of loaners any thing esle they can help with.

Using mine until a replacement and looking for a convincing "Edge 7E" sticker for my flights next month :)

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I would suggest just trying to keep in contact with Samsung and your carrier so that you can weigh your options as they change. The murkiness of the situation is by far the most frustrating thing but I would think that there has to be some concrete info in the coming days. Look how quickly things changed in the span of a couple of hours today. My hope is that a replacement N7 is available to me in the next couple of weeks. I am becoming less and less happy about rolling the dice but I also don't want to do something rash and be stuck with a device I don't want in place of one that is functioning without issue. Just wait it out as long as you can and keep inquiring. Hopefully concrete info is forthcoming. I very much doubt that new Note 7s are never going to see the light of day.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it... Say the CPSC slows Samsung down even a little... Samsung can just put the US customers on hold and will just put their recall efforts on making Exynos units and get the other countries replaced and get them back to selling new Note 7's to new customers ASAP and get ready to rock the holiday season. Their hands are probably not tied down in Canada so I imagine the Canadians will be included in that.

Everyone else in the world will be back up to speed as soon as possible. The US... the story is a little unclear and probably be clearer by end of next week.

I think later this year. There's still to much interest. They won't make as much now, but once the recall is over things will start moving again. The note 8 might be a later release now though.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got no choice!!! I use Notes phones especially the S-Pen for work. My store and those around me do not have any Note 4's right now. I can not buy one out right right now. They are trying to push me into an S7 which is unacceptable! I have work on MicroSD so I can Not go to Note 5. Verizon will consider both the Note 5 and the S7 as upgrades from the Note 4. After 14 days I will be stuck with phones that I could not use and within the 14 days there will be a restocking fee. So I am stuck waiting for an Note 7 to replace my Note 7 unless a Note 4 becomes available and I get my upgrade back!!! Verizon Loophole strikes again!!!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Believe half of what you see on TV or the internet. These forums are filled with folks who have or imagine they may have issues. The overwhelming amount of Note 7`s will have zero issues. Less than 1%. It's like the latest crisis on TV. Concrete crisis. Zika crisis. Cable crisis. Etc......

These first battery fails could just be the first tip of a much bigger iceberg. Just because I had zero issues now doesn't mean after some time passes it won't fail later. They won't all fail at once obviously. I wouldn't feel safe. If full refunds are being given out now by the carriers and others I'd take advantage of it and get something else or an N7 later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty