Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Knock on wood mine is OK. But I do want the replacement of course. Being told will be sent to residence after email confirmation Sept 30th from my carrier..Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
How serious is this issue now? Should we all agree this whole thing is getting pretty serious compared to just 4 days ago?

The danger is still the same - some phones will burn. Most won't. But as soon as there's an official recall, insurance companies and Samsung itself probably won't pay if your Note7 burns down your house, your car or blows up in your face.

I don't think the argument some people make that if their phone doesn't get warm during charging it's not going to burn is valid. Mine got warm one day and the next day it didn't. So how am I going to tell? Plus people whose phones went up in flames had used it without any issue for weeks before. There's simply no telling.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
That's the problem - iPhones are somewhat plain and boring and lack many of the features I like on Android in general and Samsung phones in particular. However, they're also very dependable. Never had any serious issues with an iPhone (others might have, though). Right now, I'm going with dependable.

I have a feeling apples going to capitalize on Samsung's Misfortune and maybe have some type of trade in offer for example with trading your Note 7 and get the new iPhone for free!! man that will kill Samsung

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I think I am done. I love this phone but it is making me nervous despite never getting warm, charging or not, but I have little grandkids and it feels like playing the odds with me is one thing but with them is another. Verizon doesn't even carry the loaner specified and doesn't seem into loaners anyway. I think I may get a refund and get the 64 gb Note 5 which is on their website, and call it a day.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling apples going to capitalize on Samsung's Misfortune and maybe have some type of trade in offer for example with trading your Note 7 and get the new iPhone for free!! man that will kill Samsung

I don't think they have to as people are buying iPhones like crazy already. That would just be rubbing it in Samsung's face. I don't think that'd be a good idea as Apple knows full well that the same thing could happen to them as well some day.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem - iPhones are somewhat plain and boring and lack many of the features I like on Android in general and Samsung phones in particular. However, they're also very dependable. Never had any serious issues with an iPhone (others might have, though). Right now, I'm going with dependable.

They are not as dependable as you might thing. Google 'Touch Disease' some estimates put it at 11% failure rate. I dunno.. at least that isn't an explosion. :)

I'm with Victor... I can't use my 6+ for more then a day or two before I'm back on Android. (I have access to both because I support our mobile infrastructure for my job.) Even though we are probably two thirds iOS, I just can't take it. Sooooooooooooo boring.

I just woke up my Note 5 for now. While I'm not really worried about my Note 7 blowing up, why take the risk when I have a sturdy alternate. I feel for those who don't have that option.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I don't think they have to as people are buying iPhones like crazy already. That would just be rubbing it in Samsung's face. I don't think that'd be a good idea as Apple knows full well that the same thing could happen to them as well some day.

I agree with you hundred percent and sometimes I tell people all the time Samsung phones are way more Innovative than Apples and they just look at me like I'm crazy but you know Apple will probably try something smart like that offering some type of trade in program

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter if it has issues or not. They want you to stop using the phones, because it could have an issue. Why play with fire?
If you want to get a N7 then keep the phone just stop using your current one until you get a replacement. I mean no one is going to die if they can't use their daily driver for a few weeks. Go pick up a burner if you must have a phone or go to your provider and explain your situation and see what they can do for you. But it's not very wise to keep doing something just, because you are not having issues at the moment...IMOP
I'll continue to use my device until they have a replacement N7 for me.

This whole situation is ridiculous. The panic that is being created is similar to Toyota a few years ago when people were convinced their accelerator would stick to the floor. Or the 80's when there were claims about bad shifters in Audi cars that would make the car jump forward and it if control when going from park into gear.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
They are not as dependable as you might thing. Google 'Touch Disease' some estimates put it at 11% failure rate. I dunno.. at least that isn't an explosion. :)

I'm with Victor... I can't use my 6+ for more then a day or two before I'm back on Android. (I have access to both because I support our mobile infrastructure for my job.) Even though we are probably two thirds iOS, I just can't take it. Sooooooooooooo boring.

I just woke up my Note 5 for now. While I'm not really worried about my Note 7 blowing up, why take the risk when I have a sturdy alternate. I feel for those who don't have that option.

I agree with you me personally one of my favorite YouTubers flossy Carter says it all the time in his videos sometimes you gotta try new things and not get stuck in a pattern me I might try the new iPhone 7 plus and hopefully if Samsung can turn around I will come back to the Note 7

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone remember the hysteria over holding your cell phone to close to your ear because it would cause brain cancer? Remember when they said things about electric razors?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, Touch Gate seems to be a problem for a lot of iPhone 6 owners. And it couldn't come at a worse time as for many owners, they 2-year warranty is just about to expire.

I also find iOS boring. I like to tinker with stuff. But I have a two-week business trip coming up and I need a device that isn't banned on airplanes and that just works. I'm sure I'll be back with Android. Perhaps with a Note7, or a Nexus device, should the new ones be any good.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone remember the hysteria over holding your cell phone to close to your ear because it would cause brain cancer? Remember when they said things about electric razors?

That's something I kind of believe still to this day these phones definitely give off some type of radiation especially in bed I try to keep my phone away from me

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone remember the hysteria over holding your cell phone to close to your ear because it would cause brain cancer?

That one's not off the table at all - as a matter of fact, just a few weeks back a government-funded study released some first results that are quite worrisome in this respect (saying that EM radiation indeed raises the cancer risk in rats). That would be another argument for Samsung and against Apple: Samsung phones have much lower SAR ratings than iPhones. The European SAR rating for the Note7 is 0.24, while the iPhone 7 Plus is at 1.5 for combined use.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope a lot of people trade in their Note 7s and go to the iPhone because that would possibly mean I won't have to wait so long to get my replacement Note 7 with less of a queue of people waiting for it. :)

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope a lot of people trade in their Note 7s and go to the iPhone because that would possibly mean I won't have to wait so long to get my replacement Note 7 with less of a queue of people waiting for it. :)

That might be true, although Samsung might ask reduce production accordingly

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

The difference is they said those things without really any proof. There are actually Note 7's that ARE exploding. The whole entire recall thing was started by Samsung.. not some crazy government agency. If it was just a small batch of bad batteries, they should have recalled those devices (they know which device was manufactured where and with what components.) They created this themselves.

I wasn't really worried about mine exploding, but since I still have my Note 5 there is no harm in reactivating that. The last thing I want to deal with is an insurance company if some phone caused a small fire in my house or car. :)

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That might be true, although Samsung might ask reduce production accordingly

Ugh, even though I was trying to be funny - that would truly suck...... I have been enjoying my Note 7 but after the text I got today basically ordering me to shut my phone down, I feel inclined to do so now. But I really hate to not be able to use it... Arrrgh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87