• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note

Please keep political talk out of this. We have a forum in the lounge for that.

Thanks.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: U.S. and Samsung tell Galaxy Note 7 owners: Power down now

You can switch out thru Verizon and when Note7 is back can get it .. better to be safe. I went tonight. Got edge7 and when Note 7 is back will get it. This is great for us as Verizon customers.

NOT if you break the edge

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: U.S. and Samsung tell Galaxy Note 7 owners: Power down now

No. Samsung is asking people to power down the device and exchange it. Read the linked Samsung update above.

I was at Verizon. Am doing their double exchange. Edge7 till Note7 is back. Better safe than sorry. I miss the Note but I want to be safe. I think this is great customer service

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Where did you find this process?

Best Buy was about to announce for some carriers next week, but all on hold until the CPSC goes through their process motions. If they follow their normal process, not sure how this is done quickly.

Need to audit production plants
Sub component plants
ISO Quality procedures
Test many samples from batches
Interview staff

Oh, and schedule dates and travel for that.

THEN they review the data, debrief auditors and THEN meet with Samsung.

IF the CPSC applies normal due diligence, this is weeks.

If there are significant findings and failure of samples of new batches, it would pretty much kill an already maimed Note 7.

robbins56

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm keeping it.

This is hands down the best phone I have ever owned, and I've owned every flagship phone from from Verizon in the last 24 years. I general change my phone out every year. I just charged my phone by my bedside and woke up to a temp of 82° f. Mind you it's about 80 on my room. I will exchange it soon as I hear something from big Red just to be safe though and to insure my warranty status in the future. I will say I have never experienced worst customer service over the phone or in the corporate store in all my years with the company. The cs reps are simply uninformed. I feel sorry for them, it's not there fault. It comes down to proper training. Sure there nice but they often appear clueless and you get a different story every time you call.
So I'm saying enjoy this wonderful phone and just monitor the temps until Verizon gives clear instructions as when the new ones become available and how to return them. I bought my online from them and would like a new one sent to me then I will send back the original one. Nvidia did that with there recall of there original Tegra tablet. Clear concise instructions and I wasn't without my tablet. Verizon Take Note !.

DatsyukianDeke

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

It definitely does suck because whenever I pull out my notes 7 people know I own it I'm always the joke around people don't get me wrong the new iPhone 7 looks very nice and I'm not so much of a power user I barely use the S Pen and any of my note devices I'm actually thinking about maybe switching over to see what's up with the new iPhone I'm not really sure yet I'll sleep on it
Yeah same here, people always thinking Its going to explode.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Folks still using the N7, probably best to turn off rapid charging.

Yes. Same here. Of course, in FL it's blazing hot all the time. If it was left charging (and Jeeps have a hot charger) for a long period of time in normal, closed-vehicle FL daytime heat, then yeah, with this battery issue it might be possible. OTOH it could be just someone trying to collect from Sammy. I lived in FL and would never leave a new, high-dollar phone out in FL heat in a closed vehicle. Battery issue aside, it can kill a phone. But that's me.
BTW, the Jeep fire story seems a tad fishy, but I am inherently skeptical.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
In todays NY Post second page article of a Boy from Brooklyn getting burned by the note 7.

Was just playing a game on the phone and phone went up in flames.

Now we know why they are saying to power off the phone and not use it. Could happen at anytime.

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Playing games on my note 3 made my phone quite warm. The only time my note 7 has gotten warm was while in my pocket with the backpack charging it. Putting the backpack away until I can get a replacement. Wireless charging does produce heat.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Link please. Thanks.
In todays NY Post second page article of a Boy from Brooklyn getting burned by the note 7.

Was just playing a game on the phone and phone went up in flames.

Now we know why they are saying to power off the phone and not use it. Could happen at anytime.

robbins56

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm Keeping Mine.

This is hands down the best phone I have ever owned, and I've owned every flagship phone from from Verizon in the last 24 years. I general change my phone out every year. I just charged my phone by my bedside and woke up to a temp of 82° f. Mind you it's about 80 on my room. I will exchange it soon as I hear something from big Red just to be safe though and to insure my warranty status in the future. I will say I have never experienced worst customer service over the phone or in the corporate store in all my years with the company. The cs reps are simply uninformed. I feel sorry for them, it's not there fault. It comes down to proper training. Sure there nice but they often appear clueless and you get a different story every time you call.
So I'm saying enjoy this wonderful phone and just monitor the temps until Verizon gives clear instructions as when the new ones become available and how to return them. I bought my online from them and would like a new one sent to me then I will send back the original one. Nvidia did that with there recall of there original Tegra tablet. Clear concise instructions and I wasn't without my tablet. Verizon Take Note !.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Seems that if Samsung is being forthright (must be with CPSC involved now), and is an anode / cathode breach, it should have already shown symptoms of heat, low battery life or flamed out. If Samsung is not being forthright and there are impurity issues with the battery layers, then an additional mitigation step is to turn off rapid charging to reduce charging stress.

That said, if impurities are an issue, that should have shown as well. Especially if a launch day purchase.

BTW, the Jeep fire story seems a tad fishy, but I am inherently skeptical.

The jeep story is total BS just like the Firefighter with the garage fire. The guy with the Jeep must have had a full 5 gallon gas on the front seat at the same time he was charging the Note 7. These people are on a cash grab and have already hired ambulance chasing lawyers to handle their fraudulent cases. Give me a break. :p

Anyone noticed that AndroidCentral is blasting us with an unusual high amount of pop ads that make the site almost impossible to navigate? Like this crap here:

ads.JPG

Gearswinger

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

The jeep story is total BS just like the Firefighter with the garage fire. The guy with the Jeep must have had a full 5 gallon gas on the front seat at the same time he was charging the Note 7. These people are on a cash grab and have already hired ambulance chasing lawyers to handle their fraudulent cases. Give me a break. :p
You should look on YouTube for videos of Lipo battery fires. It's not hard to believe that the phone catching fire in the center console would burn a vehicle down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mostafakhalaf