• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Flew back from LA yesterday and saw this at check in

How will they know what the difference is when we all get replacements? Glad I no longer fly.

FAA will issue a ban lift, and it'll be up to each airline to decide how to proceed. For instance, some airlines were considering just 'banning' powered-on Samsung phones all around to avoid having to train personnel on how to recognize a Note 7.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Had to give up my Note 7.

So if I understand this correctly, Samsung, the makers of the device, has urged everyone to power down the Note 7.
The U.S. goverment has gotten involved over confirmed reports of several of the devices catching fire and causing property damage. They have also said the device cannot be powered on when on planes, and a city has stated the device can't be powered on when on the city's public tranport.

Yet, many of you are upset that a coworker felt unsafe with the device being in the office, possibly endangering their life, and the lives of the other employees on site, and that person is the one you think is being unreasonable?

olga421

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

Omg what a bunch of hog wash lol meanwhile laptops, other phones ,or electronic devices there all at risk , come on people geez lol

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: What I Miss About My Returned Note 7

I miss the S-Pen and I miss the Iris scanner ....I really like those 2 features. However, I must say that the battery life on the S7E is freaking awesome!!! LOL! Truthfully, I want another Note 7 as soon as possible.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Omg what a bunch of hog wash lol meanwhile laptops, other phones ,or electronic devices there all at risk , come on people geez lol

No. This is an issue with Samsungs battery manufacturing process that is creating this issue. It has to do with these batteries. Not others. They identified the manufacturing issue but it does affect all Samsung made note 7 batteries. They admitted it and shared exactly what went wrong.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

It is overblown, for sure...BUT it is standard FAA policy that any device with a recall related to its battery WILL be put on ban lists (just look at hoverboards... you can't even get those in checked baggage). Actually just not being able to turn it on was the least annoying one they could have chosen; at least you can still travel with it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Note 7 discounts coming?

Will Verizon return your upgrade date if you return the Note 7?
I purchased mine at a reduced rate agreeing to another 2 year contract. I would want my upgrade back so I can purchase something else.

Yes, your upgrade date resets if you do a return.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

We decided to keep my wife's and use it while it was asymptomatic. Yesterday she noticed it was not charging right and getting hotter than normal when trying. So it was shut off and will be doing an exchange today if all goes well.

Let us know what happens! :)

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

So if I understand this correctly, Samsung, the makers of the device, has urged everyone to power down the Note 7.
The U.S. goverment has gotten involved over confirmed reports of several of the devices catching fire and causing property damage. They have also said the device cannot be powered on when on planes, and a city has stated the device can't be powered on when on the city's public tranport.

Yet, many of you are upset that a coworker felt unsafe with the device being in the office, possibly endangering their life, and the lives of the other employees on site, and that person is the one you think is being unreasonable?

We have concealed carry on the job and I am more concerned about that than the phone.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

I sincerely hope Samsung isn't stupid enough to compound their mistake by releasing this update here. If my flawlessly functioning phone is gimped before I have a replacement I'm finished with them. I'm more than willing to trade my phone in for a new Note 7 but if they decide to gimp my perfectly functioning one while I'm waiting for a replacement that's being held up because they were too stupid to come clean with the CPSC immediately then I'm done.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Hyperbole aside on the mortal danger being in a meeting room with someone and a Note 7, Yes :)

The people I work with know my background in batteries and trust my knowledge on the subject. Actually one of the reasons I am working where I am now is batteries. Still exchanging mine when one is available, but mainly due to concerns with warranty and support. The battery on mine is fine, based on Samsung's description of the problem. The are obviously not lying, since the problem the stated is embarrassingly standard to sample before a production run. That and not having a trace process for each device and their batteries indicates a poor process.

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Sad day, gave up the Note 7

The last warning from Samsung made me turn it in. I also took the opportunity to switch to Google Fi. $30 a month for cell service and data, international calling for 1 cent a minute. You roam on both Sprint and Tmobile towers. Been wanting to try it for a while, this was the right time. I'm on the old Nexus 5X for now, but will be getting the Marlin / Sailfish next month when they come out.

Loved the Note 7, best smartphone out there. By far.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

There's a better chance of me getting lung cancer from second hand smoke than there is of my phone going up in flames. You know what the difference is here? The tobacco companies grease more government palms than Samsung. When everyone stops inhaling rolled up cancer and breathing it out into the air I have to breathe then I'll feel guilty about using my Note 7.

2asdavis

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hot Note 7

I was hoping to hang on to my note 7 till I could swap out for a new one. Not so sure now. The phone became pretty hot today while off the charger. Turned it off to let it cool down the battery temp was around 99F. Hasn't repeated since turning it back on but now rethinking continued use. It would be so much easier if Verizon who I pay a 300 a month phone bill wouldnt give so many different answers. I mean seriously setting a deadline of September 30 when the replacements aren't even out yet. I waited specifically for this phone. No other phone comes close.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping to hang on to my note 7 till I could swap out for a new one. Not so sure now. The phone became pretty hot today while off the charger. Turned it off to let it cool down the battery temp was around 99F. Hasn't repeated since turning it back on but now rethinking continued use. It would be so much easier if Verizon who I pay a 300 a month phone bill wouldnt give so many different answers. I mean seriously setting a deadline of September 30 when the replacements aren't even out yet. I waited specifically for this phone. No other phone comes close.

What app(s) where running when it got hot? The deadline was set by Samsung and the carriers (not Verizon solo) back before the CPSC got involved. If the CPSC drags things out (which there is no indication that they wouldn't) then Samsung and the carriers will extend the window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana