09-11-2016 05:25 PM
218 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I paid to upgrade early soley for the Note 7. Wouldnt Habe done so for another selection that's avail now. I traded in my note 5 and mailed it off last week. Now I am screwed. Wish I had my Note 5 back until more devices were released. No way am I going to Apple. Nothing against Apple, I have had android since day one.

Wife settled for the s7edge. Hope that's not my last resort..

I just don't know what to do, I know this is life but Samsung's solutions at this moment suck, downgrade to an s7 or borrow a POS for half a year. LOL, we got boned on this purchase!!!
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:35 PM
    Since there is a .0000175% chance of my phone actually catching fire, I'm keeping my Note 7 until I get a replacement right away. If situations like this get overblown like this we may be paying $2000 dollar for a phone soon. Common sense people 35 cases out of 2,000,000. Better chance of winning money tonight on the lotto.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:38 PM
    Since there is a .0000175% chance of my phone actually catching fire, I'm keeping my Note 7 until I get a replacement right away. If situations like this get overblown like this we may be paying $2000 dollar for a phone soon. Common sense people 35 cases out of 2,000,000. Better chance of winning money tonight on the lotto.
    Beyond 35 now. I believe every day a new Note 7 battery explosion story hits the news. And thats only the ones reported. I guess it's no big deal until it happens to you, your family or your hard earned possessions vanish in a fire.
    vferrari likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:41 PM
    Although I got my phone through Verizon, since I was at Target with my wife. I decided to ask the Target Mobile guy about when will they receive The New Replacement Note 7's. He said that they will be in on Wednesday the same as my local Verizon store. They will call those that already purchased an Note 7 first.
    09-09-2016 07:44 PM
    right with a media so hungry for stories, this would be front page news, if you are so afraid of a lithium battery exploding, get rid of your drills laptops bluetooth headseats, pretty much everything . By the way many other phones have caught fire too, nobody cared
    09-09-2016 07:45 PM
    Not Afraid of lithium batteries in drills laptops bluetooth headseats, pretty much everything else because any of those item I may have... Non of those manufacturers have reported faulty batteries and issued recalls. Samsung has. And I'm guessing the number incidences reported has gone up since the initial number.

right with a media so hungry for stories, this would be front page news, if you are so afraid of a lithium battery exploding, get rid of your drills laptops bluetooth headseats, pretty much everything . By the way many other phones have caught fire too, nobody cared
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:50 PM
    I have this feeling that some of the explosions are made up, that Jeep story sounds a little fishy to me . Just in case I'm only using the Samsung charger to charge my note 7
    rushmore and mmsean like this.
    09-09-2016 07:51 PM
    Beyond 35 now. I believe every day a new Note 7 battery explosion story hits the news. And thats only the ones reported. I guess it's no big deal until it happens to you, your family or your hard earned possessions vanish in a fire.
    I am not buying it and wager some are trying to make some fast bucks riding on the IMO concocted hysteria. In fact, I bet some will not have gotten the memo and even when the "good ones" ship, hysteria bait free, Jeeps still will catch fire, etc. Funny and sad.
    afolgueira likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:56 PM
    I have this feeling that some of the explosions are made up, that Jeep story sounds a little fishy to me . Just in case I'm only using the Samsung charger to charge my note 7
    Nah. My friends went up the other day. Sammy would never do a global recall to the tune of 1 Billion unless it was serious. Common sense.
    09-09-2016 08:04 PM
    like the government would not get involve and make them do so like they did with the toyotas that supposedly were speeding by themselves that was never prooved.
    09-09-2016 08:09 PM
    just spoke with ATT, replacements will come in sometime in OCT Samsung double checking everything!
    09-09-2016 08:10 PM
    Nah. My friends went up the other day. Sammy would never do a global recall to the tune of 1 Billion unless it was serious. Common sense.
    Agreed it is serious, just not the mini claymores being asserted and some of the incidents seem dubious. The point is Samsung gave their retail partners discretion and stating okay to use the devices until replacements are available. No litigious $en$itive company is going to tell customers okay to use if there was even a hint of chance for super splosion' action the media (Gizmodo as example) are perpetuating.
    09-09-2016 08:12 PM
    just spoke with ATT, replacements will come in sometime in OCT Samsung double checking everything!
    Which includes the possibility of not until Halloween...
    09-09-2016 08:13 PM
    well so far for me 35 cases is nothing, I'll keep charging the phone with the samsung charger, not let it get to 100% and don't leave it unattended, funny thing is if this was the note 4 all they have to do is send replacement batteries.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-09-2016 08:17 PM
    I was told at Verizon today that the customers with the note 7 will get them first and they should start getting them in on Monday.
    09-09-2016 08:22 PM
    U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission working with Samsung for proper Note 7 recall | Android Central

If this does happen then those people that plan to still hang on to their devices could run into issues down the line and if something were to happen Samsung probably wouldn't be held accountable since the recall was official and you chose not to do it. I'm still wondering how people will easily differentiate recalled devices from replacements. I mean checking IMEIs and stuff is not efficient and won't fly with everyday life. Anyhow, please return your device as soon as you can for replacement. Do not hold on "because I'm not having any issues". Please.
    The recall though is not mandatory nor any formal recall communication to each owner, therefore any devices in the wild that fail are still litigation bait. Even if Samsung and retailers did go full on aggressive with the recall, no void of liability.

Thanks to media hysteria, the Note 7 could be like the Jelly of the Month Club- the gift that keeps on giving.

Your point is agreed: Do not take a chance and exchange the device.
    09-09-2016 08:22 PM
    I was told at Verizon today that the customers with the note 7 will get them first and they should start getting them in on Monday.
    So everyone, are we really going to be getting them next week now that the government is in on it? Is it safe to say at this point it will be awhile and to go ahead and get a refund instead of exchange it for another note ?
    09-09-2016 08:28 PM
    Two 'lost' generations of the Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone.
    chris2004 likes this.
    09-09-2016 08:33 PM
    Okay. I hated to do this with almost EVERY thread taking about the recall. But my question is, when we pick up our replacement phone will it be a phone only or will it come in a new box with everything in it, like when we first purchased it? I would love another charger that could stay at work.
    09-09-2016 08:35 PM
    I thought some replacements were already shipped and on the way to the carriers?

I should have pre ordered that iPhone this morning.
    May not make a difference if the batteries were supplied by the same contractor... Lol
    09-09-2016 08:36 PM
    To make it clear, is it a safe bet within the next two weeks we still won't have replacements to swap out yet? I'm thinking about ordering a 7 Plus before they're back ordered longer but want to know for certain if the government involved that our replacements are still only days away or not.
    09-09-2016 08:39 PM
    I don't think anyone knows yet, hopefully we get the box and all accessories. I know I won't be taking my box and accessories with me when I go to the sprint store to exchange.
    09-09-2016 08:40 PM
    Verizon says full retail box Brand New Note 7 and all accessories.
    Verizon does not sell refurbished phones he also said.
    09-09-2016 08:45 PM
    I believe that there will need to be a containment of the battery manufacturing process conducted by an unbiased third party before assembly of certified Note7s can recommence. I no longer trust Samsung to police their own ranks.
    09-09-2016 08:46 PM
    I've decided to cancel my pre-order. I am not going to wait months and then maybe get an explosive phone for $900. I will wait and see what the V20 is like.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-09-2016 08:46 PM
218 ... 45678 ...