Note 7 - Battery Issue (Discussion Here)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Note 7s not going on sale until late Oct??? Link inside.

I read an article where they said Samsung SDI is listed as one of Apples suppliers for 2016. No info if that meant they were supplying the batteries for the iPhone 7 so not sure what the reason for supply issue.

Is it because of the battery made by Samsung? I remember reading some articles saying it was due to components issues there will be a shortage.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
An official US recall may be coming

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission working with Samsung for proper Note 7 recall | Android Central

If this does happen then those people that plan to still hang on to their devices could run into issues down the line and if something were to happen Samsung probably wouldn't be held accountable since the recall was official and you chose not to do it. I'm still wondering how people will easily differentiate recalled devices from replacements. I mean checking IMEIs and stuff is not efficient and won't fly with everyday life. Anyhow, please return your device as soon as you can for replacement. Do not hold on "because I'm not having any issues". Please.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: An official US recall may be coming

But what if I keep it in the box and use my back up until replacements come. I want to make sure I can replace it and not have to wait and buy it again and receive it in almost November like those people who will be newly purchasing it for the first time.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Replacement Website Updated

This will cause a HUGE delay

I hate to say it but I dont know with every phone now having to be returned maybe skip the note 7

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

Seems like things just keep getting worse for Samsung. I had hoped to get a new Note when the new "safe" ones arrived but it sounds like it could be much longer than anticipated now.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Seems like things just keep getting worse for Samsung. I had hoped to get a new Note when the new "safe" ones arrived but it sounds like it could be much longer than anticipated now.

Maybe best bet to try out the Iphone 7 plus and keep it till the s8 but i am not going back to the S7 that is backwards so do not fall for that

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

If indeed the Note 7 won't be in until Oct for us to swap, and they don't extend return deadling and I'm forced to return it, do you think the Iphone 7 Plus will still be on backorder at the end of the month and maybe until middle of Oct? Do you think stores will get more 7 pluses in sooner? The s7 screen I'm using is just too tiny and I can't stand it.

You can check on their website. Depending on your carrier, color and storage, even today you could be able to select "pickup in-store" for the 16th. Otherwise, it can be a reasonable timeframe for delivery.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

What a mess. I want a refund and am going to target to get one. This is total bs. Now I can get a J Series Loaner???? No thanks.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Tmobile has definitely improved since my first time using them back in the early 2000's...

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site

Wow. I hope they're giving a lot of time for Note 7 users to get their replacements first, or they're not getting them in for awhile. This really stinks.

Also notice the iphone 7 Plus looks back ordered now.

I guess I'm stuck with this stupid POS S7 for awhile then until Notes come in. This S7 is slower too IMO in addition to unusable screen. Might look into V20 now if this is indeed the case. I'm about the chuck this S7 lol.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....t-mobile.com%2Fshipping-dates&token=eh0FFBZE
Samsung Australia has stated that new Notes will be available in 2-3 weeks and that they are not selling to new customers until replacements have been processed.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: An official US recall may be coming

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission working with Samsung for proper Note 7 recall | Android Central

If this does happen then those people that plan to still hang on to their devices could run into issues down the line and if something were to happen Samsung probably wouldn't be held accountable since the recall was official and you chose not to do it. I'm still wondering how people will easily differentiate recalled devices from replacements. I mean checking IMEIs and stuff is not efficient and won't fly with everyday life. Anyhow, please return your device as soon as you can for replacement. Do not hold on "because I'm not having any issues". Please.

More importantly (emphasis mine)

"Samsung continues to ensure that consumer safety remains our top priority. We are asking users to power down their Galaxy Note7s and exchange them now." says Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America. "New Note7 replacement devices will be issued to exchange program participants upon completion of the CPSC process. In the interim, consumers can return their Note7 for another device."

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Not True just called still saying replacements coming Wednesday for those of us with Note 7's!

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Not True just called still saying replacements coming Wednesday for those of us with Note 7's!

In the US? or overseas?

If the US yeah dont hold your breath.

In other parts of the world it might be sooner because they dont have a CPSC

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

I thought some replacements were already shipped and on the way to the carriers?

I should have pre ordered that iPhone this morning. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty