Got Replacement, but no update for green battery

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting on a plane today and would like to use it during my flight. I got a replacment note 7, but I haven't gotten an update that will show the green battery. I've tried to look for the update, but it says it's up to date. My IMEI is not affected. anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I'm on AT&T. Had the replacement since the 20th from best buy. Tried to push the update by going to software updates. I'm running version 6.0.1

Last edited:

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I got the update an hour or two after I got the replacement. How long have you had it? Also, what software version is showing for you?

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting on a plane today and would like to use it during my flight. I got a replacment note 7, but I haven't gotten an update that will show the green battery. I've tried to look for the update, but it says it's up to date. My IMEI is not affected. anyone else experiencing this?
I got my Note7 yesterday at Verizon within 5 minutes i had the software waiting to install..

Just don't show your Note7 keep it in your breastpocket.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Which carrier? Mine had the update requested within 5 min of powering on at the Verizon store where I swapped it out.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you should call your carrier's tech support.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
It could take some time, I got my replacement on Monday (AT&T Note 7.1), the update did not pop up until like 00:30 the next morning. (it ran without any intervention from me beyond watching it run) :)

Cheers
BR

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Me too- Got mine roughly 24 hours ago and....just checked...up to date.(no green battery update, and it's been through a "charging cycle")

**UPDATE** got it.

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Did you try going to "system updates" in the system menu (on VZW...true GraceUX probably has it somewhere intuitive). If you click on system updates it should force it to "look". That's how I got mine.

Liquid7

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Mine said up to date also but the update came out about 5 hours after I got it. It's like they need to register on the network first and then the update is pushed the next time they check the network for new Note7s.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Also, I would not expect FAA or the airlines to know about the green battery =safe phone. Don't depend on that, even if you have a green battery, they could still tell you to power down.

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I got the update an hour or two after I got the replacement. How long have you had it? Also, what software version is showing for you?

Did you try going to "system updates" in the system menu (on VZW...true GraceUX probably has it somewhere intuitive). If you click on system updates it should force it to "look". That's how I got mine.

I tried to have it automatically look for the update and it says it is fully up to date. I'm on ver, 6.0.1. what version is everybody on

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Verizon. Got my replacement yesterday. Within minutes of activation, it showed update available. 6.0.1. Since you haven't had it too long yet, maybe FDR

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Question for those on AT&T or TMobile...

Are you using the same SIM card or did you get the new SIM activated when you got your replacement devices? I'm still using my old SIM from my Passport. I got the update over night on my first replacement Note, but I had to make an exchange due to an off center screen and bad edge. So now my new new replacement Note has been with me for about 24 hours and it has yet to get the update. I tried to force it, but it didn't say there was any kind of update, and now I have to wait a few more hours to try to search for another update again.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I called AT&T first, but they said to either call samsung, or go to a Best Buy and see a Samsung Rep there to have them update it for me.

I am on hold with Samsung, and they are telling me I have to send it to their repair center for evaluation, in Texas. I am in New Jersey. I've already explained to them that this is my 3 device, 2nd since the recall. I explained that my initial replacement device received the update within a couple of hours, but because of a hardware defect, I had to exchange that one for this one. And now the rep is telling me that I have to go back to Best Buy to exchange it again for another new Note7 and to make sure they check for the update before I leave. But if I didn't get it by now, and I don't get it as soon as they turn it on, how will I ever get it?

This is turning into more of a hassle than the first time. I've already had 3 devices, and 3 screen protectors, 1 return, 1 exchange, and a bunch of FDR and Restores done. I am still trying to get used to this device. I am either going to just take my chances with this without the green battery (which ascetically, I have to admit I liked) and wait to see if I ever get it, or just return the device for something else, and avoid the hassle.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I posted this in another thread about the same issue.

So I finally got the update. I actually got a call back from AT&T tech support. After explaining the situation and issue, the rep figured out that because I had received the update on my first replacement, and the IMEI on the account was for the first replacement, the system didn't know to push out the update again to my new device/IMEI. Once I gave him the new IMEI, updated it on their end, and was able to push out the update to be activated once I did a reboot. So now I have the green battery.

In short, make sure your carrier has the proper IMEI for your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez