new note 7 extremely overheating!

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Tap the battery tab and show that screenshot. Does the phone feel warm? Mine doesnt. It is slightly warm but normal feeling not alarming at all. My son had a bad S6 we just replaced. Now that phone after charging for 2 minutes was literally like a stovetop hot.
Here ya go:

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. I had my IT department start a return process for ANOTHER Note 7. But the next day my Note was actually fine and battery settled in.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. I had my IT department start a return process for ANOTHER Note 7. But the next day my Note was actually fine and battery settled in.
I've had my replacement since 9/19. Only time it's been warm to the touch has been while gaming...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I checked mine again now at 60% battery. Battery temp about the same and barely warm. Felt a little warmer earlier but not excessive
938791d1e8f77035f2fada5982428311.jpg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why the thermal screen displays that much higher but from the battery being the main culprit on the note 7 initial massive recall, I'd be more concerned with monitoring the battery tab and the physical feel of the phone (ouch hot vs a little warm)
Maybe the thermal sensors are monitoring the processor area of the phone.

Noeone415

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Mine got up to 104 degrees f d and i started to get worried....but it's was a 100 degrees outside and even hotter in my work van......is it normal to get hot just sitting in backpack on a hot day.....

Tiko7523

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
mine is around like 95 when i use it for like youtube or web browsing

but the first day it was tripping out it felt really hot

the second day i had put the charger on & was using the Navi for like a 1 hour drive and it was really hot.

I called at&t yesterday they went in my phone to check it out while it was charging and it reached the maximum at like 98 when the screen was on the whole time & they said i don't have a issue its at normal battery.

i feel like the phone gets really sensitive to heat & to the sun.

i feel kind of disappointed i wonder if all note 7s are like this i am thinking of swapping it but i don't even know if there is a point to swap or not.

Tiko7523

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I got my new replacement Two days ago and I have noticed that the note 7 is getting extremely hot while charging...anyone else with the same problem?

I just erased my note 7 which was smart switched from my S6 Edge+ & I feel like its working a lot better.........I don't know if that might help you out I don't know.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI... The Fahrenheit temp reading of CPU-Z (Thermal tab) is approx 20 degrees higher than it should be. This means your phone (if you're going by Fahrenheit temps) is cooler than you think. Read the Celsius values and do the conversion. It's funny that when reading the Battery tab, the Fahrenheit conversion is correct. CPU-Z has been told about it, (apparently a while ago), but hasn't fixed it yet.

Last edited:

mag44

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Replacement Note 7 Problems

Sigh ... they get an easy story to run with an keep going. Seeing how the tech media is just perpetuating stories that have been proven false or inaccurate is disturbing and frustrating. I'm not saying that they didn't have some issue but its being blown out of proportion. It is shameful when I know more than whats being reported to the masses. They repeat that story of the Jeep catching on fire ad nauseam and the kid in NYC, both stories were reported inaccurately and never corrected. Meanwhile a google search shows that there have been fires with other phones, including an iphone 6 on an airplane!

My replacement Note 7 is working fine without any problems.