Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Versus Others

Bringing this over from the comments of the AC article. I take no credit for finding it. If true, this paints Samsung in a very bad light.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Ni...ung-Galaxy-Note-7-catches-fire-396431431.html
The following is copied out of the report, it's the text he received by mistake. My question is, what exactly was this guy threatening to do and see if he would actually do it.

"That message read: Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it"

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
In a earlier post it was mentioned "hope carriers didn't put stickers over recalled units". I wondered the same thing, because why did we have to do an update to get green battery? If the phones were new why didn't samsung do it at the factory when they were made?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: New twist to pre-board airline warning regarding Note 7

I was on a recent Southwest flight and they went even a step further, or less, depending on how you look at it..

They didn't say Note 7 they said NO SAMSUNG..

Now that has to be seriously killing Samsung's name brand...

I was surprised they didn't say Note 7's and just said Samsung.. After that the attendants were eyeballing everyone using a phone. I heard them ask one guy to turn his off once we were in air. I don't know if he had a Note 7 but he obviously had a Samsung...

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If A Mandatory Recall for Replacement Every Note7 Happens:

What happens to all of our accessories that we bought such as cases? Do we just eat the cost of those or will there be a process of reimbursement from Samsung?

olga421

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: If A Mandatory Recall for Replacement Every Note7 Happens:

Honestly I don't give @#$& about the accessories, I will go right back to my trustworthy BlackBerry , this has been a total fiasco if and that's a big if all of these Note7s catching fire are legit , so will wait sometime this week to hear what Samsung will do .

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: And another one....

It loads fine... trucksmoveamerica#AC, you are doing something wrong! It's a short animated gif of a Restaurant Worker taking one off a table with Oven Mitts on and carrying it away!

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
In a earlier post it was mentioned "hope carriers didn't put stickers over recalled units". I wondered the same thing, because why did we have to do an update to get green battery? If the phones were new why didn't samsung do it at the factory when they were made?

The green battery update could've just been a UI revision to plainly mark the phones as "safe." This is corroborated by the fact that Verizon only sent out a 80MB update while the other carriers received ~300MB updates for the green battery updates that included other enhancements that we VZW customers would never get.

The battery fixes themselves could've just applied to the phones after a certain manufacturing date so those phones wouldn't have had a software update when shipped from Samsung. I'm curious if the more recent replacements come with the green battery updates pre-installed from the factory now. Mine didn't and it was a 9/8 manufacturing date.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Seriously, the sense of entitlement that people have coming out of this unfortunate ordeal is pretty sad. I'm not at all a Samsung shill but expecting Samsung to "bribe" people with offers of compensation for staying with their brand is ludicrous. No matter what happens with the Note 7, they're still a diversified (in all facets of electronics manufacturing) multi-billion dollar company in the business to make money, not to appease people who choose to stick with their Note 7 and expect to be rewarded.

Whoa Nellie...I'm not looking to be compensated for staying with Samsung. I would want to be compensated because I DID stick with Samsung; that is if they end up recalling and discontinuing this device and therefore it will receive no support or updates, and even worse force an update on me that will make my phone unusable. I don't think this is entitlement...I've spent my time, trouble and money. So yeah, simply reimbursing me for the device when I've spent far more than just the purchase price, I shouldn't come out LOSING in the situation. Now if the device stays on the market and they continue to support it in the manner a flagship phone should be supported, then I don't expect compensation for that because they have given me what I paid for...a phone that works and that isn't a danger to me and anyone around me.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
That text looks bad, but I hope it's being taken out of context. Who was this rep texting? And why a text rather than an extension? Very bizarre situation.

I'm curious as to how the S line is doing in the meantime.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: And another one....

It loads fine... trucksmoveamerica#AC, you are doing something wrong! It's a short animated gif of a Restaurant Worker taking one off a table with Oven Mitts on and carrying it away!
What an I doing wrong. Every other picture on other posts show up just fine, this one I get this

0098e8dae5e78b8ca8aa93c9b50a04ae.jpg

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
That text looks bad, but I hope it's being taken out of context. Who was this rep texting? And why a text rather than an extension? Very bizarre situation.

I'm curious as to how the S line is doing in the meantime.

Probably great since they are replacing Note 7s with the S7 and Edge (or at least that's what they did originally as "loaner" devices). So on paper they probably look to be doing very well.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That is the serious question I made. I find it a bit of a problem that my date is 9/6 and not later. I am also wondering if this heat sink is too close to the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non