Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, count me in the done column for the Note 7. I had originally planned on waiting to hear what Samsung had to say about the matter. But to wait a month with a potentially dangerous device, nope. Done with it.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
And I was going to cover the "Samsung" name on the front of the phone and put an Apple sticker on the back. Then install an ios theme.

What? Do I have a Note 7? No, it's an iPhone. See?

if it catches fire on your flight, the airline and Apple will both sue you.... :(

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm saddened by this as I really wanted this phone. No other phone interests me now...

RIP Note 7. It's like a fatally wounded dog, you just have to put it out of its misery so it doesn't keep suffering.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This is my first Samsung after a long line of Droids and now that I have it I can't imagine what else I'd switch to. I guess I'll just hope mine doesn't explode.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Another replacement phone exploding in women's hand here in Hawaii.

Samsung smartphone nearly catches fire in Kalihi woman’s hand | KHON2

Yep.. I am definitely getting rid of this phone and switching back to my iphone. Sorry Samsung, I wanted to give you a try, but this is now a big safety concern and I am not one to gamble.

Switched my SIM back into my iPhone 6 Plus yesterday and am holding the Note 7 until Samsung comes up with an answer, or I just get tired of waiting and paying for a phone that is not safe to use. Samsung has no idea how to do crisis management, and only makes matter worse by repeating the same mantra that "only a small number of devices are affected". That rings hollow when your device may be the next one. Samsucks? Sambungle? I really like the Note 7 but am doubtful that Samsung can allay my concerns at this point, and waiting a month to find out is not in the cards.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice that just about all except one of these reports have occurred only in the US? Either there's a lot being unreported or something about the US...

Btw, I'm just making an observation - not saying that it's some conspiracy, etc... I see how people on both sides can get quite defensive about this.

Edit: Not including China incident since that was not a replacement phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice that just about all except one of these reports have occurred only in the US? Either there's a lot being unreported or something about the US...

Btw, I'm just making an observation - not saying that it's some conspiracy, etc... I see how people on both sides can get quite defensive about this.

There were also a couple reported in Korea, so it's not just the US.

During the recall process CPSC identified 90+ cases of failure and we only heard about a few.

You can bet there are more cases out there that we haven't heard.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

US news very commonly ignores news from outside the US.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
UPDATED with 12 incidences found so far... I didn't think I'd be updating so often in one day...

So just to recap from all those posts recently the reported replacement phones (post recall) that have on the news... 12... in a three week period?? Did I forget any?

#1 China
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone catches fire in China - Sep. 27, 2016

#2 Louisville/Southwest Airlines
Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane - The Verge

#3 Taiwan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60aTHApMg4

#4 Minnesota
Alleged replacement Note 7 catches fire in Minnesota | Android Central

#5 Nicholasville, KY
Nicholasville man injured by replacement Samsung phone

#6 S Korea Burger King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnCGyzUf5rw

#7 (S Korea Life Eagle Park)
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=TZt7UBYsOb0

#8 Virginia
A fourth replacement Galaxy Note 7 caught fire in Virginia this morning - The Verge

#9 Texas
Samsung says it's 'working diligently' as fifth replacement Note 7 burns - The Verge

#10 Kalihi
Samsung smartphone nearly catches fire in Kalihi woman’s hand | KHON2

#11 Hamburg, NY
Local Woman's Bad Brush with Samsung Galaxy Note 7 | WGRZ.com

#12 New Zealand
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11727023

I've lost track... does that make it the 14th replacement Note 7 that caught fire so far?

Last edited:

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
This is really interesting. My friend is setting up his micro cellspot. He got it sometime last week and showed me this inside the box. I don't know if ATT is sending to all business or personal accounts regardless of what phone that had. He had the original exploding note 7 but returned it. Doesn't sound like it's about the last recall since ATT was selling Note 7s last week.

Attachments

• 255.jpg
    255.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 48

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Guys its pretty much over

I am expecting any minute now for CPSC to come out and say turn off ALL note 7 new or old and return them immediately.

With all the reports coming in so quickly its going to happen very very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa