Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So Samsung came out today and said the replacement phones are safe to use.

Yet every carrier and every store stopped selling and exchanging them?

WTH is going on?

This sounds like Samsung vs. everyone else.

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
So Samsung came out today and said the replacement phones are safe to use.

Yet every carrier and every store stopped selling and exchanging them?

WTH is going on?

This sounds like Samsung vs. everyone else.

Don't exactly know what you're talking about. Checked Samsung's newsroom and only found this:
Update on the Galaxy Note7 Devices - Samsung Newsroom

Basically, Samsung is saying to power down your Note7 replacement or not and take advantage of the carrier deal. RIP Note7

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

What legal hogwash..."Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available." As of right now, other than the grace of AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile, there is no "remedy" for replacement owners, as Verizon so pointedly replied to castone001 above - their hands are tied until there is another recall.

Thank you AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile for being stand-up companies, while Samsung and Verizon hide behind each other's skirts...

In essence, Samsung is saying "it's over" by tossing the ball to the carriers to clean up their replacement mess. They KNOW they don't have a second replacement and the only solution is to get another phone or refund.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I am on the line/hold with Verizon Customer Care. since I traded/sold back to Verizon my fully paid for Note 5 all they will do for me is to waive the 14 day replacement window, and waive the restocking fee. Happily taknig the Note 7 back and then I am free to get another phone from verizon!! YEAH!! Well heres the deal, I would like the Note 5 but they are telling me no discounts, no love, I pay full price for the Note 5.
What a joke!! I traded in a fully paid for Note 5 for 300.00 and now I will need to pay full pop for a replacement Note 5. No love yet!!
trying to get escalated help for some kind of better deal.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am on the line/hold with Verizon Customer Care. since I traded/sold back to Verizon my fully paid for Note 5 all they will do for me is to waive the 14 day replacement window, and waive the restocking fee. Happily taknig the Note 7 back and then I am free to get another phone from verizon!! YEAH!! Well heres the deal, I would like the Note 5 but they are telling me no discounts, no love, I pay full price for the Note 5.
What a joke!! I traded in a fully paid for Note 5 for 300.00 and now I will need to pay full pop for a replacement Note 5. No love yet!!
trying to get escalated help for some kind of better deal.

Sorry but hard to fault them for that. They are not at fault for the note 7 fiasco...

Go on Ebay and buy a note 5. If you can wait 3 weeks I'll sell you mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa