10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Maybe the time of "form over function" needs to be reworked. They are building these devices smaller and smaller and with such tolerences for what? A few millimeters of savings?
    21stNow likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:35 PM
    Dude....ugh
    10-10-2016 07:37 PM
    Doesn't blow up tho.
    The 7plus camera is just as good as the s7/note 7 camera
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:38 PM
    We die like men 😂

Seriously, I'm never buying a Samsung product after this.

I wish Sony made better phones.
    10-10-2016 07:38 PM
    Yeah, I can't decide between the three phones. Pixel XL, LG V20, and IP7+. Part of me is leaning now towards iphone, because I've had many and I am comfortable with them. I've never owned an LG and with the Pixel being Google's first actual phone, that scares me a little.
    10-10-2016 07:39 PM
    The Note line is at its end sad since its the best phone I've ever had. No other phone compares. Yet will be forced into something I hate for the next 10 months till I upgrade again. Been watching with a very sad face the V20 reviews and google pixel XL phones you can't even get yet and I hate both of them. Apple is out so thats a no go. First world problems I guess...
    You should be able to return it for a refund and have your upgrade date reset.
    10-10-2016 07:40 PM
    Lg v20 since att not getting pixel xl only verizon which totally sucks google
    10-10-2016 07:41 PM
    I hope they rename the Note 8 since the name has been tarnished.....S8 Pro......

There line should consist of S8 (5.1 in),S8 edge (5.5 in), S8 pro w/s-pen (6 in)
    Delirious D and sandra_17 like this.
    10-10-2016 07:42 PM
    So there were 90+ incidents for this phone, I don't remember there being anywhere close to that many on the iPhone...

Relatively small percentage, perhaps a recall wasn't in order originally but they "fixed" the problem way too quickly to be a real fix. They recalled them which put them under a microscope. The S7 and S7 Edge have had some fires too but perhaps far more limited? There's always going to be a few issues like this, using bad chargers or just having a bad phone from time to time. I'm not sure how you fix this problem going forward given the small percentage of impacted phones even with really good QC, I'm not sure how you stop it.
    10-10-2016 07:42 PM
    Yeah, I can't decide between the three phones. Pixel XL, LG V20, and IP7+. Part of me is leaning now towards iphone, because I've had many and I am comfortable with them. I've never owned an LG and with the Pixel being Google's first actual phone, that scares me a little.
    I just can't get onboard with the iPhone. Good product no doubt but the SAR values are at the upper end of the legal limit and as much time as both my wife and myself spend on our phones (I try to use speaker or headphones) it's simply not a phone I'm willing to consider.
    10-10-2016 07:43 PM
    Dude....ugh
    I hung on for dear life and for as long as I could but it looks like I'll be headed to ATT either tomorrow or Wednesday !?!?

To have to power down our phones ??? I have a back up S6 Edge+ I'll need to use for the time being !?!?
    fredrickhstn likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:43 PM
    I believe that if Samsung doesn't offer a free phone they will lose a lot of customers. I don't have a phone to fall back to I have to replace my phone. If I get a free phone I can hold on until the next note replacement comes out. If I don't get a free phone I will move on. To me its all about customer retention. We see...
    If they offer a free phone it will be the silly J series....will you enjoy that awful device.....
    10-10-2016 07:44 PM
    Doesn't blow up tho.
    Certain features are pretty awesome on the 7+ camera, portrait mode looks awesome, etc. The display on the iPhone 7 and 7+ is also better than literally everything, so is the SoC for the purposes that they use it for. Aside from that, I'd have a hard time recommending the 7+ since there are other devices that match or beat it in most other areas.

The Note 7 was one of those until it actually released, and while the Note 7 was the best Android available for a very brief time, it's obviously a non-starter now and all of it's Android competition doesn't match up on things like the s-pen, IP68, wireless charging and until the Pixel, there wasn't another Android realistically challenging the Note 7 camera. The HTC 10 had an equally great sensor, but Samsung's software was better and especially the speed of the camera.

I wouldn't want this situation to happen to any OEM, and none could absorb it like Samsung will - but they're also the worst case scenario because IMO, no OEM - possibly including Google - has done as much for Android as Samsung.
    What's even worse than the note 7 death is the device choices avail this month ND coming weeks. How could the choices be so poor right now?? First time EVER my mind gave iPhone a thought for a few quick seconds. We are SCREWED!!
    I agree.
    Doesn't blow up tho.
    My Note 4 is better than the iPhone 7. Besides the camera and battery life not being as good, the Note 4 still covers the other things listed above. The iPhone is a constrained device in comparison as clearly pointed out above.

BTW, the Note 7 is not blowing up. It is a chemical anode cathode short, resulting in burning and smoke.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    I would think there would be a lot of regulatory hoops to go through for them to justify gimping thousands of devices in the USA. Not that it wouldn't happen as it's easy enough to treat all Note 7s are stolen, give the IMEI to GSMA, and deny service en masse. It's just would appear to be a regulatory nightmare to do it. They can do an update like they did in South Korea and gimp the Note 7 to 60% max battery...but that'll just mean I'll have the same capacity as a V20 LOL.

As for resale, I don't buy phones for that. I'll just turn the Note 7 in for a refund once the S8 comes out and buy that with the proceeds. So far there has been no official expiration date for the return.
    Nope....safety issue. They ban it, tell you to turn it in within 30 days and they brick the phone. Done. Safety issue. The safety of the many and the protection of people from harming themselves comes 1st.
    21stNow and 7AndTRT like this.
    I believe that if Samsung doesn't offer a free phone they will lose a lot of customers. I don't have a phone to fall back to I have to replace my phone. If I get a free phone I can hold on until the next note replacement comes out. If I don't get a free phone I will move on. To me its all about customer retention. We see...
    I agree that Samsung should offer a free phone if the Note 7s are going to eventually get bricked, because I can tell you already Verizon is going to be a beast to deal with if there is no other phone you want and you want to remain in the Annual Upgrade Program, which is what I signed up for with the Note 7.

Right now the only phones I could trade in for that gets me in the program are the new iPhones and that ain't happening.
    athenatp, soldier45 and Weils like this.
    10-10-2016 07:45 PM
    Been using both my note 7 and iPhone 7 plus and I actually like the 7 plus. Gonna return my note 7 tomorrow
    TwitchyPuppy and swarlos like this.
    10-10-2016 07:47 PM
    I am not usually into the freebies or the "they owe me attitude" kind of guy but I am pretty bitter after this one. I have been jacked around for months now from this N7 and wasted countless hours at BB from. Samsung F-up. Even though Samsung didn't purposely set out to screw us...... I feel screwed and have a bad taste in my mouth now when I hear the name Samsung. And the lack of good replacement choice makes it 100x worse. I wouldn't even have upgraded early if it wasn't for this phone.

Who is going to pay for my anger, most likely Samsung and I am sure many will feel the same way. I can't believe Samsung isn't giving some sort of incentive to get N7 owners to jump to another Samsung device. They can stick the 25$ gift card up their a$$! Phones are a major part of out life's these days.
    I also upgraded early and would not have if not for this phone. I feel screwed over too by Samsung.
    cinnamin likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:47 PM
    It's really messed up even though ATT has signs about the Note 7 Recall (First one) and the store reps say it's not being made anymore and won't carry it. Yet at least 3 ATT employees on their holster or in hand have a note 7 (presumably replacement) but it can't be sold anymore.

I really don't know. The gear VR seems amazing and aside from daydream that's the only viable option for mobile VR. The S7 too small and s7 edge screen is horrible. If anything Samsung should push out the grace ux update to those two. Would make them a little better. Speaking as someone who used a s7 edge loaner for almost a month.
    10-10-2016 07:48 PM
    I agree that Samsung should offer a free phone if the Note 7s are going to eventually get bricked, because I can tell you already Verizon is going to be a beast to deal with if there is no other phone you want and you want to remain in the Annual Upgrade Program, which is what I signed up for with the Note 7.

Right now the only phones I could trade in for that gets me in the program are the new iPhones and that ain't happening.
    I had the same question with Verizon about the annual upgrade program. Damn shame they are all but gone except for the Iphone. I'm sure it's doable on their end....a few mouse clicks and walla!
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:49 PM
    Lg v20 since att not getting pixel xl only verizon which totally sucks google
    You can buy the Pixel XL from Google and it will work on any carrier.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    I'm on vacation in Cancun. I had a layover in Mexico City. Even in Mexico the flight attendants are asking all Note 7 users to power down.

Irony? In Mexico City's airport "Samsung" is plastered all over the place. Samsung charging stations all over the place!

This is frustrating when I can't even use this $850 device for what it's intended. Boring flights with nothing to do. Sigh.
    Nothing is obvious. They're asking people to power down so Samsung can cover their asses before someone really gets hurt. But nowhere does it imply that a final and mandatory recall is in order.
    Well Samsung would love everyone to power down and KEEP their bricks.
    Nope....safety issue. They ban it, tell you to turn it in within 30 days and they brick the phone. Done. Safety issue. The safety of the many and the protection of people from harming themselves comes 1st.
    This is possible. They would have to warn people with a deadline and 30 days seems about right.

Greatest device ever thwarted by pi$$ poor QC and recall containment. They obviously had more devices and finished batteries as well that were then put into devices that were also bad.

Seriously, they deserve the wrath if the next Note has a sealed battery. Seems a replaceable battery would bridge the trust gap. At a minimum, it would literally save billions on another recall
    10-10-2016 07:50 PM
1,439 ... 2425262728 ...