Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung Officially discontinued Galaxy Note 7

Really hope they can do another reiteration of note 7. I don't want anything else. This phone is simply awesome.

I really doubt they will, i am keeping mine as long as i can. Will only give it up if they somehow disable it. But the Note 7 is done and most likely the Note Brand for a while

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just released...

Yes, and that is probably wise. They REALLY need to know what the problem is before making any more of those phones (if they ever continue making them).

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Note Brand done? Hardly. It had a solid niche in the market. How many stylus phones are out there with the unique feature set that the Notes have? They will be extra extra extra careful with the Note 8 and it'll release earlier in the cycle in 2017. Guaranteed.

As far as you folks hoping/waiting for the S8...... why? If you were a NOTE user who loves the Note features, why on earth are you looking forward to a 5.1" screen with no S-pen?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: What Note 7 crisis? Samsung stock hits new high

That article is from Oct 6th for crying out loud! Today's Oct 11th, the stock market is variable not static

Longhorngary

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Damn U Samsung I now have a dilemma

I want the v20 but it is going to be problematic having to wait. I don't have a loaner phone, I got my phone at best buy do alL I could do is keep the n7 till the v20 comes out and hope I have no issues with battery or Samsung crippling them...

Unless I get a s7 edge which would be so simple... But i want the v20. Ugh

Just curious what feature attacts you to the v20. Seems to me like a lesser phone to the V20 outside of removable battery but at the expense of no waterproof.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

This is so depressing for me and stressful because I upgraded early for this phone, sold my Note 4 and now I have to find a solution that works for me. Samsung has put everyone in a bad position and it needs to do more at this point than just tell its customers to power off and go get a lesser of a phone for the next two years.

I just ordered a refurb S7Edge from ebay. I sold my Note 4 for $300 and I am spending $400 on the refurb to hold me over until the Note 8, or whatever Sammy decides to call it, is released. So in reality, it is only costing me $100 for however long I use the refurb and then I can sell it when I am done.

I am still sad. Barely slept last night over the stress. Hopefully we can all get some peace of mind after what we have endured over this phone.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Damn U Samsung I now have a dilemma

Just curious what feature attacts you to the v20. Seems to me like a lesser phone to the V20 outside of removable battery but at the expense of no waterproof.

I'd rather have the n7 but...

Lesser phone to the? I think auto correct got you? Which phone did you mean?

I had a v10 and loved it so the v20 should be familier to me.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: What Note 7 crisis? Samsung stock hits new high

Apparently Samsung also own a major fire extinguisher company too - which would explain their stock jump.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

So mad because I had something I truly was content with owning. Now I'm scouring the Internet for a cheap replacement.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Note Brand done? Hardly. It had a solid niche in the market. How many stylus phones are out there with the unique feature set that the Notes have? They will be extra extra extra careful with the Note 8 and it'll release earlier in the cycle in 2017. Guaranteed.

Yeah, I don't see the Note brand done either.

As far as you folks hoping/waiting for the S8...... why? If you were a NOTE user who loves the Note features, why on earth are you looking forward to a 5.1" screen with no S-pen?

People like the Note for different reasons. For me, the Spen is a bonus, but not why I bought it. People may just be used to Samsung's UI, love their displays (who doesn't), etc. There is no "one type" of Note user.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

So I'm returning to my paid off Note 5. I'll do my Note 7 return this week. Its officially dead my beautiful Note 7.

I've never seen such a disaster before in mobile. I honestly loved this phone. It was the only one that had everything I needed.

I know for a fact I will have a Case Study for this Samsung debacle in school soon enough.

kazman12

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Waiting for iPhone 7+ to come in stock. No backup phone.

Hey all. Super bummed I can't stay with this beautiful device. But I have accepted its fate.

My problem is the only replacement I'm interested in is the iPhone 7+ and it's nowhere to be found. I have no phone to use as a backup until they come in stock. My plan is to keep using my n7 until the iPhone 7+ becomes readily available probably mid November.
I could probably get it sooner if I order it online but i need to exchange my current phone because I don't want to leave all that money tied up. (bought mine in full through AT&T). Any suggestions?

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I think they'll release another phone with the expected Note features, but I doubt it will be under the Note brand. The name has a negative connotation to a lot of the public right now, so rebranding to give it a fresh start would make sense

Also, the S7 Edge has a 5.5" screen, and I expect there will be an S8 Edge too, so it's not a huge difference other than missing the S-Pen and having the curved screen

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

I just ordered a refurb S7Edge from ebay. I sold my Note 4 for $300 and I am spending $400 on the refurb to hold me over until the Note 8, or whatever Sammy decides to call it, is released. So in reality, it is only costing me $100 for however long I use the refurb and then I can sell it when I am done.

I am still sad. Barely slept last night over the stress. Hopefully we can all get some peace of mind after what we have endured over this phone.

I've never been so stressed out over a phone myself. It's ridiculous. But I never imagined the phone being scrapped all together.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Could have bought a new OnePlus3 for $400 over a refurb. I personally don't trust refurbs. Good luck and see you on the Note 8 forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
333tmh