10-15-2016 11:47 AM
27 12
tools
    Greetings,

I am hoping that this phone will be re-released, is there any news on this? I have an LG V10, and went to get this phone, but it isn't sold any more by t-mobile. The pricing on the S7 and Edge is way to high for a phone that debuted in March. I have the jump on demand program and I had to get a phone because my LG V10 is starting to have problems. I do not like the Pixel or V20, so I purchased the iPhone 7 plus, as it was the only phone I liked that t-mobile carries. Please tell me that Samsung will not give up on this product.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-14-2016 06:21 PM
    The Note 7 is done.
    TwitchyPuppy and Jona005 like this.
    10-14-2016 06:25 PM
    iPhone 7 Plus sucks, what a shame that the world's best smartphone is no longer sold, unbelievable.
    10-14-2016 06:41 PM
    Greetings,

I am hoping that this phone will be re-released, is there any news on this? I have an LG V10, and went to get this phone, but it isn't sold any more by t-mobile. The pricing on the S7 and Edge is way to high for a phone that debuted in March. I have the jump on demand program and I had to get a phone because my LG V10 is starting to have problems. I do not like the Pixel or V20, so I purchased the iPhone 7 plus, as it was the only phone I liked that t-mobile carries. Please tell me that Samsung will not give up on this product.
    the note 7 is done, and maybe even the note series is done.
    10-14-2016 06:42 PM
    No it's over......
    10-14-2016 07:16 PM
    Still using mine until the V20 release then I'm jumping ship
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-14-2016 07:21 PM
    If the Note series is done, will they simply give it another name and still have the Spen, or will it be totally scrapped and just have the S line now?
    10-14-2016 07:25 PM
    Wouldn't it be better to find the problem, solve it, and re-release instead of scrapping all of that inventory, it was the best phone on the market with regard to the specs. No way I am paying 789.00 for the Edge 7 released in March. Also, the V10 was a nice phone but did not hold up well, not sure about the V20, but after owning the LG G2, G3, and V10 in consecutive order, I am done with LG, but they were good phones up until the V10 being buggy. Don't like the Pixel, not sure why. This phone being gone leaves a huge hole in the Android market.
    10-14-2016 07:32 PM
    the pen is very important to a lot of people, I expect you will see it in some form.
    10-14-2016 07:32 PM
    If the Note series is done, will they simply give it another name and still have the Spen, or will it be totally scrapped and just have the S line now?
    I'm really hoping they give the S8 edge a s-pen. But one can hope and dream. But I'm thinking 5 months is not enough time for them to develop a S8 with a s-pen. But hey you never know.
    10-14-2016 07:33 PM
    No. Not chance for the note 7 to return. The flight ban completely changes the dynamic to much worse on a Spinal Tap 11 scale.

This is huge and more billions gone.
    10-14-2016 07:35 PM
    iPhone 7 Plus sucks, what a shame that the world's best smartphone is no longer sold, unbelievable.
    Far from the "world's best smartphone" that catches fire and causes burns and hospital stays and holes in the floor of planes.
    10-14-2016 07:37 PM
    117 phones out of 2 million plus sales is a higher number that it should be no doubt, but....

Samsung should have fixed the phone and taken their time in doing so, the mistake was the "hotfix" that didn't identify the root cause. I think considering the specs and features the Note 7 was the best phone, I would trade my iPhone 7 plus for a new Note 7 straight up, I would take a chance if it was still being sold as new.
    TwitchyPuppy and jacques200 like this.
    10-14-2016 07:46 PM
    I was at the tmobile store and I noticed the price on the note 5, $729. 00- 789.00, I can't remember the exact price?..seemed very high! ..
    10-14-2016 07:48 PM
    I agree that Samsung prices are too high on the alternatives, the 789.00 Edge 7 that debuted in March should be around 499.00, same price as V10.
    10-14-2016 08:22 PM
    Wouldn't it be better to find the problem, solve it, and re-release instead of scrapping all of that inventory, it was the best phone on the market with regard to the specs. No way I am paying 789.00 for the Edge 7 released in March. Also, the V10 was a nice phone but did not hold up well, not sure about the V20, but after owning the LG G2, G3, and V10 in consecutive order, I am done with LG, but they were good phones up until the V10 being buggy. Don't like the Pixel, not sure why. This phone being gone leaves a huge hole in the Android market.
    No. There's no way they can salvage this devices reputation. If they identified the issue, they would disassemble millions of devices and try to resell them. They would build a new device and probably rebrand it. I wouldn't doubt that some of the components that could be salvaged could be used in future devices. But there's no chance this device makes a come back.
    10-14-2016 10:16 PM
    I doubt it.
    10-14-2016 10:17 PM
    There's a better chance of winning the lottery 52 weeks in a row. This phone is dead
    10-14-2016 10:23 PM
    Nah
    10-14-2016 10:25 PM
    The Note 7 is never ever ever ever, like ever coming back, like ever. On a serious note, Samsung did confirmed that they will be recycling all the Note 7's they have. I don't know if that includes unopened boxes because it seems like a waste to me to not reuse some parts not to mention what it will do to the environment.

Anyway, for those who can get a good deal on the Note 5, go for it! I still have my Note 5 and love it. I also have the S7E and recommend it too. I love them both. I have not lost faith in Samsung. They will make a major come back. It doesn't look that way now because all we hear is bad news. But once we start hearing leaks about the next S8 it will get us excited again. As for the Note 8,.Samsung should keep the name but take their time in building it this time around.
    IMO, changing the name isn't going to change what happened. People will still be reminded by the annoying media that will say "oh this is the new N8, you remember the explosive Note 7?“. Whatever name Samsung goes with, it will always stick.
    Many manufacturers just change the letter of their phone and it doesn't make a difference
    Sony changed from Z series to X series and they're not selling well. Motorola did the opposite and changed from X series to Z series and the Moto Z series is not selling well in Canada. I think it's doing well with Verizon but that's about it.

Sorry for the long rant. I think Samsung should continue with their S series and Note series. Those are the series I always buy.
    10-14-2016 11:15 PM
    Why would they discontinue the Note series? Just because they're stopping production and recalling all Note 7 doesn't mean they're going to discontinue such an iconic series. I would think they're going to release Note 8 next year with a bang. The Note series is really what made Samsung stand out from other phone makers.
    10-15-2016 01:37 AM
    The note series isn't going anywhere. Samsung's strategy behind it may or may not change though. I'm sure they're deliberating that as we speak.

It also wouldn't shock me if Samsung tries to redeem itself in the interim by releasing an S8 Plus with S-Pen (along side the regular S8... guessing there will only be a curved screen model). Probably a long shot, but again.. wouldn't shock me.

I think they'll be back to their regular annual Note release schedule after that.
    10-15-2016 01:45 AM
    The note series isn't going anywhere. Samsung's strategy behind it may or may not change though. I'm sure they're deliberating that as we speak.

It also wouldn't shock me if Samsung tries to redeem itself in the interim by releasing an S8 Plus with S-Pen (along side the regular S8... guessing there will only be a curved screen model). Probably a long shot, but again.. wouldn't shock me.

I think they'll be back to their regular annual Note release schedule after that.
    There is some wisdom I think in what some posters are suggesting by a change of name. We are all saying that by the time the Note 8 comes out, the Note 7 fiasco will be forgotten. Except it won't, because I'm sure the media will pick up the story and remind everyone everywhere of the Note 7 when the Note 8 comes out.

Something like "Pro" would be a good name. I also suggest that Samsung give it a feature that the S line will not get, to justify this new name. Something that will also sweeten the deal as the comparison to the Note 7 will still be unavoidable. Maybe similar to Pixel, and offer very generous cloud storage.
    hasasimo likes this.
    10-15-2016 02:07 AM
    They need to ban the iPhone too. I mean who would be comfortable knowing someone was carrying a device so dangerous it has been REPORTED it spontaneously explodes even when off?

The iPhone is DANGEROUS people. Ban it! I read about it in the news:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...des-class.html
    10-15-2016 05:18 AM
    Attempting to salvage the remaining stock and re-release for a third time would simply be viewed as desperate on part of Samsung.

It's obvious that Samsung hasn't been able to find the root cause of these failures. Either they truly thought the batteries were the root cause, or, they were the potential victim of corporate sabotage, or, they lied about knowing and fixing the issue and simply took a chance and rushed to get phones back out to the market.

What little remaining trust out there by consumers is extremely fragile (remember 90% waited and selected another N7 for the first recall - whereas now 40% are moving entirely away from the Samsung brand with the second recall).

If Samsung were to release a third time.. it'd never sell through at expected numbers - people have moved on. And if that third batch yields even *one* exploding battery.. the damage to Samsung as a brand would be insurmountable....
    10-15-2016 07:55 AM
27 12