People who switched to I phone 7 plus...

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I find it very snappy a solid iOS App Store has high quality apps to , you just don't have as much freedom with iOS customization but it makes up for it in other places with things you can do

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
If you ask me you've already returned it in your mind. If I can ask why did you even buy one? Did you not know how much you loved the Android eco system? Also back button or swipe works on just about any IOS app for paging. If you want to page applications just double tap to swipe. I'm adapting to IOS quite well, so far I'm happy. When I get android sick I have 2 LG phones I can play with...and a Sony...and a S4...I have lots of phones.

My list of annoyances is growing:

1. I miss the back button
2. I miss the "Always On Display"
3. I miss Fast Charging
4. Gallery - iOS photos seems rather limited and clunky
5. The camera - yes - the Note7 camera was that much better. Plus, I took a big round of pictures that were "Live" pictures - little video snips instead of still. Why is that on by default?
6. I miss the App tray - yes, I liked it.
7. I miss The ability to set separate sound settings for Ringtone, Notifications and Media. As far as I can tell there is one setting for everything.
8. I miss the Google-centric world. I was used to it and though I know I can install most of the apps, I miss having them already installed.
9. Verizon signal is not as strong - I can't understand this one but I'm usually getting 2 circles on the iPhone but normally got 4 or 5 bars on my Samsung Devices (Note7 and S4 and S5 before that).
10. Outbound message sound cannot be disabled. I either have to mute my phone or live with the irritation of that sound every time I send a text message.
11. Adding favorites is a pita - too many steps.
12. I haven't figured out a way to have a menu of contact shortcuts. On Android my right menu panel has always been reserved for my primary caller shortcuts. Surely I can do this - maybe a folder or something.
13. No LED for notifications - others have mentioned this but it's starting to bug me now. Due to the sound settings I have had my phone on mute most of the time and when I do pick it up I don't see notifications unless I get to the home screen and then swipe it down. In other words, I have to look for notifications.
14. I miss how easy it is on Android to get to settings.
15. Oddly, one place where there is one less keystroke is when you open a contact to make a call. I've inadvertently dialed more than a few people recently. Also facetimed a few by accident.

I'll know by Saturday whether I am going to return this phone and settle for the S7E. I like some things (having my music on-board is nice!) but I may be too entrenched in the Android/Samsung ways of doing things to ever be fully satisfied with this phone.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Well after a few days I'm still enjoying my iPhone experience.... at this point I don't mind settling down with this phone till the new round of flagships come out.

The only thing I question is value... should I keep this near $1000 device? Or maybe the Axon 7 is a better stop gap?

If you don't plan on staying with IOS or you don't plan on selling in a few months then get the Axon. My guess 6 months from now you'll be able to get $600+ (version depending) for the iPhone, so it only cost you $400 to rent it. If you can buy and sell the Axon for even 1/2 that then you only spend $200 to rent it. Axon wins in both cases.

Me I'll probably just hold on to my iPhone unless I buy the new one (which I will be) next year. SExPro and IPX+ FTW both will be mine.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
If you ask me you've already returned it in your mind. If I can ask why did you even buy one? Did you not know how much you loved the Android eco system? Also back button or swipe works on just about any IOS app for paging. If you want to page applications just double tap to swipe. I'm adapting to IOS quite well, so far I'm happy. When I get android sick I have 2 LG phones I can play with...and a Sony...and a S4...I have lots of phones.

Not really - I have already spent so much money and time on phones since August that I really don't want to change again. I went with the iPhone just to see what the rest of the world loves about it and also because by that time, I was so annoyed with Samsung that I couldn't see buying another Samsung and no one else had a phone that is remotely close to the Samsung phones. Plus, the S7E is smaller, and doesn't have some features that I like but the price isn't that much of a discount over what I was already planning to pay.

Like everyone else here, I really just wanted to keep my Note 7!

Anyway, I have friends with iPhones and we're having daily/hourly conversations on how to do various things. I don't hate the iphone, just don't love it either!

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So does ES file explorer work on iPhone 7? Does apple have anything like it to use on the phone? I must have it! Can you download free music from sites like on Android without iTunes? I have never used Apple always been Android.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The fastest way is apple store. Go to apple.com and istocknow.com and check apple stores around your area, you need to keep checking online all the time until your nearby store has it available then you can order it online and pick it up at the store.

Thanks for the tip about istocknow.com. I never remember seeing that website before. I passed it on to a friend who has been looking for a jet black iPhone 7 Plus and surprisingly there are some at a few stores in the area and he now has one reserved to pick up tonight.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
This is my first iPhone ever and I don't understand how people can say there's no difference in the display. I understand if you're using the internet, instagram, facebook, whatever, but you can definitely see the difference when watching video. I use my directv app & always watch NFL Sunday Ticket, and the colors are pale and the white is bright. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone, but nothing compared to the Note 7. iPhone are definitely on the display.

Looks fine to me. It's not overly saturated like Samsung devices are so it will look more pale if you are use to that.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The fastest way is apple store. Go to apple.com and istocknow.com and check apple stores around your area, you need to keep checking online all the time until your nearby store has it available then you can order it online and pick it up at the store.

That or Best Buy. I ordered mine Wednesday last week, and got mine yesterday. Even if they say its backordered, if their online system allows you to add it to cart, then they have it in stock.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So does ES file explorer work on iPhone 7? Does apple have anything like it to use on the phone? I must have it! Can you download free music from sites like on Android without iTunes? I have never used Apple always been Android.

I just downloaded a free version of file explorer , now it's not as simple as android in order to move files from my pc to iPhone I had to use iTunes and transfer that way , but actual viewing or edit on the phone is ok.
Remember iOS always has there way of doing things
Maby the cloud was a simpler option to transfer not sure yeat learning curve here

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I was close to getting one but pulled back after playing with one. Very fast phone, but so limiting. IPhones just make me feel so claustrophobic.

I ordered one but never took it out of the box. I played with a friend of mine's 7+ and just couldn't stand it. Screen is washed out to me. Also I like to tinker, adjust settings, etc. iPhone is like being in Easy Mode (Grampa Mode I call it) on android. Returned it immediately to VZW for an S7e and will swap that with the new Note whenever that comes out.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one but never took it out of the box. I played with a friend of mine's 7+ and just couldn't stand it. Screen is washed out to me. Also I like to tinker, adjust settings, etc. iPhone is like being in Easy Mode (Grampa Mode I call it) on android. Returned it immediately to VZW for an S7e and will swap that with the new Note whenever that comes out.

lots of android users have your point of view... they focus more on settings, homepages and widgets instead of what really matters...how app performs and operate within the OS..and I'm realizing just how much more refined and perform better in iOS then they do in android.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, just Nova Prime/Customization.

Especially now that the iPhone is also Water Resistant.

BTW, I didn't switch because of this whole fiasco it's because I have a problem. LOL

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
lots of android users have your point of view... they focus more on settings, homepages and widgets instead of what really matters...how app performs and operate within the OS..and I'm realizing just how much more refined and perform better in iOS then they do in android.

I'm definitely guilty of this, I don't pay too much attention to how apps perform on one vs the other but I also haven't spent time on native iOS in a long time (I have an iPad mini jailbroke on 7 and like it just as it is.)
The customization is what has me set on android, it definitely has its faults especially depending on brand of phone and carrier but that's not enough to sway me away from it.

The iPhone really lost me with the 6, the placement of the antenna bands is what honestly really drove me away from it. That, plus the thought of having to stick with stock iOS8 until a jailbreak was released. The 7 looks leaps and bounds better than the 6/6s with the relocation of them, at least in black. Petty as hell that I let the physical design of a phone effect my decision but if I'm going to spend a lot of time with the device it better be physically appealing!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Before I switch to the S7 edge I considered the iPhone. After playing with it, it just didn't interest me still. I won't say it's not a good phone, but it just wasn't right for me. I don't want to have to jailbreak my phone to do things that my android phone can do without voiding the warranty. The iPhone is very pleasing to the eyes though. That black is gorgeous. Lol

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Before I switch to the S7 edge I considered the iPhone. After playing with it, it just didn't interest me still. I won't say it's not a good phone, but it just wasn't right for me. I don't want to have to jailbreak my phone to do things that my android phone can do without voiding the warranty. The iPhone is very pleasing to the eyes though. That black is gorgeous. Lol

Agreed. I have sweaty palm syndrome and watching that matte black go into a case last night killed me. The color is amazing and I like the blacked out Apple logo

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

So you are saying that the best display out of all the phones for color accuracy is bad??? Lol you make me crack up. Displaymate doesn't agree with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa