I can't bring myself to turn in my note 7 phone, is anyone else thinking of keeping it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
What are you talking about? There are people who are already saying they'll buy the S8 and whatever the followup to the Note is. There are people who are claiming this is sabotage. There are people who won't even let go of their Note 7. These people haven't lost faith in Samsung.

There's a lot of blind Samsung worship that's just as bad as people claim the Apple crowd to be.

Yeah, strange, I thought TomOfTX was one of us. Transporting explosive HazMat for the military saying that he laughs at how small of a deal this whole people are scared to carry on using their Note 7's.

Not a personal attack, I like Tom, just can't understand his change of tune.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why haven't they already disabled the phone is my question to all of you who think they will?

Time... they need to allow time for people to return them... And I think the fact that there is a bit of a supply issue with the S7 Edge, the phone they most want people to switch to.

But as far as I see it, that so many people are ignoring the recall almost assures that someone... whether it be Samsung or the carriers... are going to take action to make it all but useless as a device or phone. Wouldn't surprise me if carriers will begin blacklisting Note 7s and freezing them off their networks.... they could be held at least partially liable for damage or injury.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Time... they need to allow time for people to return them... And I think the fact that there is a bit of a supply issue with the S7 Edge, the phone they most want people to switch to.

But as far as I see it, that so many people are ignoring the recall almost assures that someone... whether it be Samsung or the carriers... are going to take action to make it all but useless as a device or phone. Wouldn't surprise me if carriers will begin blacklisting Note 7s and freezing them off their networks.... they could be held at least partially liable for damage or injury.

The Note 7 JUST received a software update. It is reported to make it run smoother, adds a Notification if the Charger is not plugged in properly, etc, etc.
The Note 7 will NOT be blocked in this respect, it is NOT a "dead" device, it is very much alive, and SUPPORTED on this evidence alone.
Please stop saying otherwise.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Please stop saying otherwise.

Samsung has permanently halted production of the Note 7 line and issued guidance for all users to power then down and return them for refund or exchange. The DOT and FAA have banned them for all commercial and cargo flights. Update or not, that is the reality of the situation.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
This thread will be closed for now. Please take a look at the following:

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non