I need updated help on my battery life and over heating problems

rebecca70

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
My tablet has had this problem for over a year and Im desperate for help. I think it has Kernel version and the date on that is Sept 21. Im not real tablet savvy or android either. Ive seen where others have managed to correct the issues but Im looking for step by step instructions on what I need to do. Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

rebecca70

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I read the guide on how to do post Screenshots and have that figured out but I don't understand how to do these?

2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
#2 isn't always available on all devices. In the Settings>Battery menu, does anything happen if you tap the graph? If it becomes fullscreen, that usually has additional information like the Awake time. If it doesn't, then don't worry about it.

#3 should be listed in the Settings>Battery menu, in the list of apps that are using battery (along with the percent battery usage). Tap on the Screen listing, and it should give you more details about how long the screen has been on.

#4 only applies to devices that have a cell or mobile data connection. If yours is wi-fi only, then don't worry about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87