Hurry up Note 8; tired of this S7

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wanting to check in. I have been MIA for awhile. Been a tough year, seemed to start the same time as the Note 7 debacle.

Been using this S7 edge since and I am tired of it. I have actually never really liked it. Hurry Samsung!! I need my Note phone. :D

I know exactly how you feel, I was so pissed having to give up my Note 7, not once, but TWICE!!! I liked this S7 for a bit, but it is getting on my nerves, I have this screen burn-in that's annoying!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been absent for a long while as well.... and I still have my Note 4 going strong and kept to KitKat! I passed up the 5 and gratefully avoided the 7 debacle....had many friends who loved the 7 and hated having to give it up. I am addicted to my Spen and anxious to see the Note 8 as well!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been absent for a long while as well.... and I still have my Note 4 going strong and kept to KitKat! I passed up the 5 and gratefully avoided the 7 debacle....had many friends who loved the 7 and hated having to give it up. I am addicted to my Spen and anxious to see the Note 8 as well!
KitKat? Man, you are in need for some serious upgrading ;)

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
KitKat? Man, you are in need for some serious upgrading ;)
I know, but My phone was original with KitKat and knew so many people that wished they could go back to it after lollipop update, so I decided to hold my phone back, and to this day it runs great (hope I don't jinx myself) It's just going to be time for new soon and can't bring myself to go with any without my Spen!

Gunny Fitz

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey There Everyone!

As one of the former Note 7 owners who RELUCTANTLY turned mine back in, despite contemplating hanging onto it regardless of all the BS on turning them in, I am EXTREMELY anxious to see the Note 8 return to carriers like you all.
Also like you, I was more or less forced to purchase the S7 Edge and seriously wish to sell it and get my hands on a Note 8 (Whenever they arrive - which there are more assumptions than ever out there!) :)

Like many other Note 7 owners, I reached out to Samsung to inquire if they would offer any of us some type of formal offer on purchasing the 8 - perhaps a Pre-Release especially for those of us who had to return our 7's. This was a small portion of the email response I received from Samsung. (Would love to know if any other forum members here obtained the exact same verbiage as well?

We are glad to know that you were happy with the Note7 phone and its usage but as customers safety is our paramount priority we discontinued Note7 phone due to battery issue. I am not sure when Note8 will be released or if it will be made available or not, I have forwarded your request. However, we are not sure if there will be any separate offers and program for the previous Note7 users.

It seems that NO ONE can literally identify the exact date the Note 8 will show itself in stores, everything i read says a different date - but Fall seems to be the consensus- right?? Sure wish they'd give all of us Note 7 Owners SOMETHING - like I said, first rights to Pre-Order the thing. I too am a bit tired of this S7 Edge! :(

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Latest rumors (changes every day) points to a late August release. I don't consider first rights to pre-order much of a benefit.
It doesn't really matter if you pre-order the minute they go live or a week before they deliver, you'll pretty much get the on the same day. One thing I would like to see Samsung do is to reward current Samsung owners with some sort of loyalty discount. Car manufacturers do it, why can't they?
Some jump to several phones over the course of a year. How about a little discount for those strictly Samsung owners or at least currently have one?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
OMG, if this video is true, Note 8 is going to be a freaking huge disappointment to me. It's going to be crushed by iPhone 8

- FPS at same position with S8
- 3300 mAH battery
- $950-$1000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze77WNkZVbw
Yes, a most disappointing prospect for note 8 but only if this was the note 8 - we don't know for sure. At this stage no-one knows definitely what iPhone 8 will be so I disagree that it will crush this. I'd rather have kept note 7! No way I'm going back to iPhone closed ecosystem, gave that up with 4. No way I'm buying an S8+ with an s-pen so I for one will hold onto S7 edge for another year. Don't like Pixel & will never buy LG.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
We go through this every year. I'm getting the Note 8 just like I have with all the previous Notes. A Note is what I like, it's what I want and it's what I'm going to get as soon as it's available for pre order. I'm sure Samsung will sweeten the pot with some free goodies, a price discount would be nice but I'm not expecting it. If you don't want the Note 8 for any number of reasons, that's great, go with whatever makes you happy. But I'm a Sammy fan and a Note fan, so I'm just waiting for the debut like it's Christmas morning. 😊🤘

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
We go through this every year. I'm getting the Note 8 just like I have with all the previous Notes. A Note is what I like, it's what I want and it's what I'm going to get as soon as it's available for pre order. I'm sure Samsung will sweeten the pot with some free goodies, a price discount would be nice but I'm not expecting it. If you don't want the Note 8 for any number of reasons, that's great, go with whatever makes you happy. But I'm a Sammy fan and a Note fan, so I'm just waiting for the debut like it's Christmas morning. 😊🤘
Tru dat.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Just wanting to check in. I have been MIA for awhile. Been a tough year, seemed to start the same time as the Note 7 debacle.

Been using this S7 edge since and I am tired of it. I have actually never really liked it. Hurry Samsung!! I need my Note phone. :D

So much Amen. I hate this phone with a passion.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have had S7 Edge for a while until I switched to S8 Plus 3 weeks back. I'm a big fan of Note series but this S8 Plus is amazing. I had every note at lunch but having this phone now gives me pause. I believe I'll be holding out for few months post release and wait for a good deal to pick one up. Don't feel in a hurry to replace S8 Plus like I did with S7 Edge.
I was also wondering about deals. Now though I'm on T-Mobile so unfortunately they aren't in the retailer stores so I can't do those nice Best Buy and related store gift card promos