Will the Note 8 tablet require the Note 8 to have a different name?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_20170620-064909-01.jpeg

Nobody remembers but it was a very good small flagship tablet that included the S pen. What are they going to name the next note phone? Do you think Note 8 (2017), Note 8 2017 Edition, or Note 8 Plus? Going to be hard for them to figure this out.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I suspect not. The Note 8 tablet was not part of the Galaxy line, so "Galaxy Note 8" should be a sufficient differentiation without having to add a year or a confusing postfix.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Myself and others saw this dilemma coming since about the Note 5. If the next iteration of hybrid device does get the note name (probably will) I guess that's something we on forums will just have to deal with. For about 6 months after this September, everyone will properly assume the hybrid. After that I will have to make it a habit to ask which Note 8 a user is referring to.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can't agree it was a very good tablet :p No tablet with cap keys can be anything other than misguided. lol

My vote is we forget it existed and effective right now, the Galaxy Note 8 is the phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oops, I stand corrected, thank you.

Maybe Sammy will go back to what they used to do - introducing the cool new stuff in the Note line and carrying over the stuff that is well-received into the more mainstream S line, and call it the "Note 9" hee hee
I do think that's why the Tablet line didn't have the Galaxy moniker for very long. They realized the hybrid Note would last much longer and got rid of the title.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
let's just hope they do a better job of updating the software. I still use mine, running paranoid Android. that 4.2.2 TouchWiz is crap. battery is not doing so hot but it charges fast enough. in fact there is an att version on Craigslist for $70 right now.
and I like the capacitive keys.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Technically the old tablet is the Note 8.0, so the phone being named Note 8 isn't an identical name, but it will probably confuse Google. haha

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Note 8.0. I thought it was a good tablet. Seems like they were prepared though by using 8.0 for the name instead of just 8. Plus, it's a pretty old device so there likely won't be much, if any, confusion.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
It was technically the Note 8.0, which denoted that it was a tablet, for the screen size...

Exactly. The 8.0 was intended to describe the screen size of the tablet and Note 8.0 was probably a better name than Note 8".

I got one for free from AT&T a few years ago when I got an S5 phone. Neat little tablet but it was very underwhelming compared to the Note 4 phone. Had I actually spent any money on it, I'd have probably been pretty pissed, but since it was free I thought it was great.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah i have 2 sitting in the drawer, one is LTE enabled, and one just regular WiFi... only problem is, it needs a new battery in each and a new lcd or digitizer because the screen flashes on both (maybe clearing the cache and wiping it may fix it like everyone else who has had the problem will correct it...)