One Good Argument for Tall Phones

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
N5 user and rarely use multi window. Every time I try it the apps I'm using aren't compatible. I was so excited about it tho when I it was advertised back on the note line.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Although most of us, including me, are whining about these new tall and narrow phones from Samsung, but I came across a good argument for them.

People are not using their phones horizontally any more. They basically hold them in portrait style the whole time, even for pics and videos. This seems to have originated the idea of ditching 16:9 format and go with phones that are taller because taller phones allow you to do more for those who never flip their phones and that's most of the users.

Also most importantly with tall phone when the keyboard pops up it doesn't cover half or most of the screen. This one reason alone is tempting me to remain open to this new tall/narrow format.
:)

All I got to say is I love your screen name:)

edhawk

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Personally I don't care for the 2:1 format at all, when browsing the web the narrow aspect ratio, means a lot more scrolling, also letterboxing widescreen video, etc. Plus that narrow screen doesn't have as much sq inch space as you think.
Also hate the curved edges on the Samsungs, I like the look of the LG G6 much better.
So its really not any better used in landscape mode for what most people are doing with it probably. I would still rather have a 16:9 ratio or something like that.