Unlocked Note 8 or AT&T carrier one from AT&T?

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
The lack of premium features from AT&T on unlocked devices is a big reason why I switched to T-Mobile. To me, it's criminal what AT&T can get away with.
I've got a Note 8 unlocked coming and can't wait to get all those premium features from T-Mobile.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Visual Voicemail is the killer app that you just don't get. I've tried installing it on my phone, but it either won't work (won't even start downloading), or it says the phone isn't compatible with it. Not good.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, quick reply to my reply above. OK, so I just plugged my SIM card from my S8+ into my Note 8 -- do I need to "activate" the thing with AT&T, and might that be what I need to do in order to get the visual voicemail app to install? I never thought about that....

pavvento

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, quick reply to my reply above. OK, so I just plugged my SIM card from my S8+ into my Note 8 -- do I need to "activate" the thing with AT&T, and might that be what I need to do in order to get the visual voicemail app to install? I never thought about that....
I'm not sure, but I did online chat to have my note 8 registered and provisioned in AT&T system. Once I did that I got a few pop ups for their call blocking and something else and had no problem downloading the app. I did not try downloading the app before that so I don't know if it'll make a difference.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
In a different thread, someone helped me by pointing to an apk file with which I installed the visual voicemail app. Works fine, and I'm good to go. I'm still not sure whether I should bother with "activating" the phone with AT&T....