Anyone else waiting for Apple to reveal the iPhone 8 before buying the Note 8?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I gave up that closed ecosystem after having a JB iPhone 4. Found Android to be what I wanted. Y would I go back?

Last edited:

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Currently using the iPhone 7+ (prior was the note 7 and 6s+). I'm holding off until the next iPhone is announced and decides whether which phone I want next. I do like both Samsung and Apple. They have their pros and cons.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I changed my mind :)
Pre ordered it. Why? Dual audio for one and realized how well integrated everything is with Google. Switching to Duo on iPhone I had to enter the pin for it to work again. Switched backed to S8+ open up Duo and the pin auto filled itself. That's just one of many perks. Idk if the ew iPhone will convince me enough. Sidesync works well on the mac that airdrop is not sorely missed

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I changed my mind :)
Pre ordered it. Why? Dual audio for one and realized how well integrated everything is with Google. Switching to Duo on iPhone I had to enter the pin for it to work again. Switched backed to S8+ open up Duo and the pin auto filled itself. That's just one of many perks. Idk if the ew iPhone will convince me enough. Sidesync works well on the mac that airdrop is not sorely missed
When I had the note 7 and sidesync was horrible on my MacBook. Is it better now?

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I was going to wait out for the iPhone announcement but after stopping by at Best Buy 4 times I made up my mind and placed 2 preorders.

Wanted to go over to android when Note 7 came out, but we all know what happened there. Tried out the KeyOne and it was great, but wasn't what I was looking for.

iPhone 8 will be great, but Apple is going to charge an even higher price than the Note 8. In my opinion the Note 8 does so much more than the iPhone ever will (SPen and DEX).

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I was going to wait out for the iPhone announcement but after stopping by at Best Buy 4 times I made up my mind and placed 2 preorders.

Wanted to go over to android when Note 7 came out, but we all know what happened there. Tried out the KeyOne and it was great, but wasn't what I was looking for.

iPhone 8 will be great, but Apple is going to charge an even higher price than the Note 8. In my opinion the Note 8 does so much more than the iPhone ever will (SPen and DEX).

I didn't even wait. I pretty much knew I'd be getting the note 8 from about June onwards. The leaks for the iPhone 8 coupled with the price mean I'm not upgrading my iPhone this year. I will stick with my 7 plus which I bought outright last year and still has another year of Apple care plus. My new phone this year will be the note 8 which I've already pre-ordered.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I will never go back to an iPhone. The horrid abomination that is iTunes keeps me away. And the blind sheep that use these phones. And the locked down level of customization.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even wait. I pretty much knew I'd be getting the note 8 from about June onwards. The leaks for the iPhone 8 coupled with the price mean I'm not upgrading my iPhone this year. I will stick with my 7 plus which I bought outright last year and still has another year of Apple care plus. My new phone this year will be the note 8 which I've already pre-ordered.
Curious will you be regularly switching between the IPhone and Note 8?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Curious will you be regularly switching between the IPhone and Note 8?

I'm not sure how it's going to work yet but I intend to use both phones everyday. I may consider putting my main sim into my note 8 but then I'd loose all the continuity features such as the ability to make and receive calls on my mac, iPad and Apple Watch with my main number.

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been an apple user since the 3GS. I’ve never had an android device. The note 7 convinced me to try android, but I never got the chance because of the problems with it. So I hung onto my 6plus for another year. I planned on waiting for apple to release their new phone, but I signed up for the beta for IOS 11. And there is nothing about it that makes me want to keep an apple device. It really is the same as 10, but some things are in bold now. I don’t see a difference. So if I stuck with apple I would have a shiny new device that worked just like this POS 6 Plus. I preordered my note 8 yesterday and I don’t regret it one bit.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
A few things already beginning to bug me about the iPhone 8 and that's the possible lack of any FPS at all and from what I've been reading today the wireless charging will only work with Apple charging plates or ones that they've licensed. So any wireless charging stand or plate we already have will not work with it so more money into their pockets. I've bought the iPhone every year (sometimes twice) since the 3G just like I buy the Galaxy S or Note every year too because I like trying lots of different phones. I will get the iPhone 8 but definitely not at launch this year and I'll wait til the price drops or see how many negative features put me off

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting both because I have JoD. I already pre-ordered the Note 8, I'm trading in my S8 for it and when the Iphone 8 comes out, I'll be trading in my S8+. I'll be checking out the V30 as well. I'm also looking at the Pixel 2 XL but there isn't much info on it yet. I'm a huge tech nerd. :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I see a lot of people throw around the word "fanboy" and others try desperately to avoid being called that. I've been on Android now for 6 or 7 years, and I've tried various iPhones throughout the years. I've never owned one, but I've had friends and family who have and I have taken plenty of time to explore what they have to offer. I'm sorry if this is offensive to some, but count me as an Android fanboy. Apple would have to fundamentally change their entire business model for me to suddenly need to "consider" the next iPhone. I will just disregard the iPhone until Apple changes their most basic idea of having ultimate control on their entire ecosystem. They will probably never do that, so I will never consider an iPhone.

I always take a decent look at what LG, Sony, Motorola, HTC, and Samsung has to offer. Call me a fanboy if you need to, but I've owned almost every major Android manufacturers device at one time or another. Recently, I've just enjoyed the S pen more than anything else so I've been with the Note for a while now. I don't see anything wrong with being a fanboy, as long as you're not a jerk about it to other people.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of people throw around the word "fanboy" and others try desperately to avoid being called that. I've been on Android now for 6 or 7 years, and I've tried various iPhones throughout the years. I've never owned one, but I've had friends and family who have and I have taken plenty of time to explore what they have to offer. I'm sorry if this is offensive to some, but count me as an Android fanboy. Apple would have to fundamentally change their entire business model for me to suddenly need to "consider" the next iPhone. I will just disregard the iPhone until Apple changes their most basic idea of having ultimate control on their entire ecosystem. They will probably never do that, so I will never consider an iPhone.

I always take a decent look at what LG, Sony, Motorola, HTC, and Samsung has to offer. Call me a fanboy if you need to, but I've owned almost every major Android manufacturers device at one time or another. Recently, I've just enjoyed the S pen more than anything else so I've been with the Note for a while now. I don't see anything wrong with being a fanboy, as long as you're not a jerk about it to other people.

"as you're not a jerk about it to other people."

so well said! there seems to be quite a bit of that going on in this forum. if you have any desire or experience that is different to theirs then they dog you. what is that?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
"as you're not a jerk about it to other people."

so well said! there seems to be quite a bit of that going on in this forum. if you have any desire or experience that is different to theirs then they dog you. what is that?

People are just too worried about what everyone else thinks. It's like everyone's biggest fear is to be called a "fanboy". Just like what you like. I suggest keeping an open mind so that you don't miss something better because you're blinded by your bias, but I'd imagine this late in the game, everyone pretty much knows what is out there and has decided on their preferences. As long as no one is being outright rude to someone else about it, so what.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty