UK users upgrade program

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Any UK users part of the Samsung Upgrade program for handsets?

Seems it's a zero percent finance deal over 2 years but with an option to return the device after 1 year and swap to the latest flagship. And hence reset the 2 years.

Anything else?

Cheers
Bosshogg.

drandyperry

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
I've signed up for this after confirming that the note 7 discount wasn't available here. I did this last year which ended up about the same price at there was interest last year.
You can also pay off the contract at any time and it's 0% interest so I see no reason to not go for it.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've signed up for this after confirming that the note 7 discount wasn't available here. I did this last year which ended up about the same price at there was interest last year.
You can also pay off the contract at any time and it's 0% interest so I see no reason to not go for it.

Yeah, have a sim free unlocked S8 atm since release.
Considering doing the upgrade program for the note.

Although I'm used to buying my phones outright and selling them when I want to change.

If you continue to replace with the latest flagship at the year point, you are essentially leasing it. The price is pretty good though.

drandyperry

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Yes, at any time your have the option to pay it off any then of it on ebay. After 12 months you'd have £430 left to pay. I reckon you'd get that for the phone on ebay, go could easily exit it at any time. Also £32 a month and have the latest note each year, in happy with.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yep I signed up to this. This was always going to be my plan either via the upgrade program or via PayPal 0% etc..
It's a good way of buying the phone over 2 years interest free even though it's an extortionate price for a phone!
Only thing I'm thinking is when it's time to upgrade, is the next flagship going to be 0%, if not then I will pay this off before upgrading.

I actually held one today (real one) in the local O2 shop and it's not as wide as my Note 4, but taller, lovely looking phone with steeper edges than the S8+ also had a quick play ;)
Roll on 3 weeks

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yep I signed up to this. This was always going to be my plan either via the upgrade program or via PayPal 0% etc..
It's a good way of buying the phone over 2 years interest free even though it's an extortionate price for a phone!
Only thing I'm thinking is when it's time to upgrade, is the next flagship going to be 0%, if not then I will pay this off before upgrading.

I actually held one today (real one) in the local O2 shop and it's not as wide as my Note 4, but taller, lovely looking phone with steeper edges than the S8+ also had a quick play ;)
Roll on 3 weeks

Cool. My only worry is I don't normally keep phones longer than a year. So it's keep them for 2 years and the device is yours to sell, effectively lease it and swap every year or pay it off at your leisure.
Although I have my S8 to sell.

Still think I will get the note anyway :) just cause.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I am tempted by this. only worry is whether Samsung accept the exchange in 12 months time for the new one or whether they undervalue it and make you pay extra. who knows.

seems a good way to get out of mobile phone contracts and have flexibility.

does anyone know who Samsung post out their phones with? I'm away until the Sunday after the release date so if they post it to me then I won't be around to get it! wonder if I could collect it from a depot when I get back, depending who it's with

nappies

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I just ordered one from CPW as I like their insurance, drop it and have a cracked screen they replace with brand new phone 😀

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what day the pre ordered notes will be delivered?

The 15th? Or posted on the 15, and who is the carrier?

Cheers

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Last year the note 7s arrived on the available date. i think i got mine 2 days before they were available in shops last year.

Took the plunge and went for the upgrade program.
Worst case I will sell the device and bail out at x months. Will depend what the N9 looks like :)

Spoke with Samsung UK, allegedly they will ship on the 13th via UK Mail.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Took the plunge and went for the upgrade program.
Worst case I will sell the device and bail out at x months. Will depend what the N9 looks like :)

Spoke with Samsung UK, allegedly they will ship on the 13th via UK Mail.

screenie.jpg

This is what they told me lol.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Sim free or on contract?

O2 are having this on selected phones from September the 8th. I've already upgraded through O2 but my new contract will not start until after the 12th so I'm curious as to whether I'll still be eligible. It's only for one screen replacement. I've taken out insurance anyway but I still want this.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
did Samsung run 0% interest for the s8 and if so how long did it last? I notice the upgrade program for the s8 has interest yet is interest free for the note. I'm tempted to sign up for the upgrade program but I am away on holiday until Sunday 17th so can't be in for delivery. I'm not sure what would happen in that case? thinking I will just wait and order when I get home but don't want to loose out on the interest free option...

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered one from CPW as I like their insurance, drop it and have a cracked screen they replace with brand new phone ??????

O2 insurance isn't that good. I sent my S7 edge into mazuma last year. They broke the screen and I asked them to return it to me. I made a claim on my insurance with o2 which was accepted but it was a palava. I think I made the claim on a Saturday they had to come and pick up the old phone on the Monday. The phone was sent to them and they approved my claim the following day, however they did not have any pink gold S7 edges in stock so I had the choice of waiting which they said could be up to a month or accepting a gold model. I took the gold. I received the replacement phone on Thursday. So it took 6 days from submitting the claim till I received a replacement device.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Cool. My only worry is I don't normally keep phones longer than a year. So it's keep them for 2 years and the device is yours to sell, effectively lease it and swap every year or pay it off at your leisure.
Although I have my S8 to sell.

Still think I will get the note anyway :) just cause.
You can sell the device whenever you want, so long as you continue to make the monthly payments. I roll out a refresh contract with o2 last year for the S7 edge with the option to upgrade after 12 months if you trade in the phone. I sold my S7 edge a few months after I got it. I carried on paying off th contact and I settled the balance last week as I wanted to upgrade to the note 8.

nappies

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I popped into my local CPW and they had a note 8 black which was there shop phone, the same as I've ordered and had a play with it :)