Samsung Trade-In program

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know there are various posts about the Samsung Trade-In program. Traded in my perfectly working GW5Pro. It was reset and powered on fine upon boxing up and sending back to Samsung. I even returned it in it's original box. Got my email from Samsung today saying my 5Pro would not boot up normally. WTH?! I've had good luck with my returns. When I returned my GW3 on trade for the GW5Pro, I didn't have any issues.

I opened a chat session with Samsung and stated my issue and they immediately manually accepted the return and said I would not be charged anything further. I feel like this is a dirty ploy to see how many people will just accept the "decision" and not challenge them.

So, if anybody else gets the same response from Sammy about them not accepting your trade-in, get on chat and state your case with them.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I know there are various posts about the Samsung Trade-In program. Traded in my perfectly working GW5Pro. It was reset and powered on fine upon boxing up and sending back to Samsung. I even returned it in it's original box. Got my email from Samsung today saying my 5Pro would not boot up normally. WTH?! I've had good luck with my returns. When I returned my GW3 on trade for the GW5Pro, I didn't have any issues.

I opened a chat session with Samsung and stated my issue and they immediately manually accepted the return and said I would not be charged anything further. I feel like this is a dirty ploy to see how many people will just accept the "decision" and not challenge them.

So, if anybody else gets the same response from Sammy about them not accepting your trade-in, get on chat and state your case with them.
same thing happened to me when I traded my GW4C for a GW5...quick phone call, problem immediately solved. otherwise, I've never had a problem with their trade-in program

Reactions: 11B1P

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Posted my Flip 4 back today, posts like this have me expecting a fight.

I've sent stuff for trade before, but it's always been borderline trash. (last year they gave me £250 for a OnePlus 3 with a swollen battery and a delaminated screen lol) let's hope Samsung UK are a bit more honest...

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the issues with trades are minimal. I have traded several times and never had an issue. I'm sure one day I will, but it is rare.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Also I always try and remember to take a video of the reset and reboot after reset and save it until trade is accepted. that way you have some proof.

Reactions: mlblack16

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I traded in with Currys in the UK this time.
Gave me £160 for my GW4 Classic plus a free Samsung wireless trio charger, free extra band and the usual £75 google play store voucher and 3 months Apple TV. Although you have to pay the full price then the trade in money goes into your bank 3-5 days later, all done!
Samsung were only offering £125 plus free band and £75 GP voucher.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I traded in with Currys in the UK this time.
Gave me £160 for my GW4 Classic plus a free Samsung wireless trio charger, free extra band and the usual £75 google play store voucher and 3 months Apple TV. Although you have to pay the full price then the trade in money goes into your bank 3-5 days later, all done!
Samsung were only offering £125 plus free band and £75 GP voucher.
That's actually not a bad deal... I wonder if it's still running lol

Reactions: evohicks

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm still waiting to get confirmation. I guess I'm gonna have to waste my time doing a chat to tell these guys I've got pics, video, everything I need to prove my GW5 Pro was in perfect working order.

Reactions: J Dubbs

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
FYI..... on day 8 (business days), Samsung reps (depending on rep) have the ability to complete your trade in on the spot. I've done this twice through chat with my last trade ins. Best to chat with them mid morning as it will go directly to the trade in department. If you chat too early, it goes to someone overseas who may put your trade in, in triage and transfer your information over for them to complete later on in the day. As long as your tracking shows received on their end, you should have no issues. If by chance you get someone "stubborn" (I haven't yet...lol), then just chat again with someone else....lol

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting too. It's been 7 days since I got the email confirmation that they received the return.
I initiated a support chat session asking about the trade in acceptance confirmation, and the agent manually pushed through the acceptance. I immediately got and email confirmation, so that process is now complete for me. It was 7 or 8 days since I got the delivery confirmation email from Samsung.

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My watch trade-in was delayed in Irving, TX for 6 days & was finally delivered to Hyla Mobile. The email from Samsung said I should hear something in two weeks. My husband's watch trade-in was not delayed & was delivered 7 days ago. His Samsung email said he should hear something in 3 to 7 days. They must really be backed up.

Those trade-ins traveled together till Hutchins, TX, when his continued on & mine was delayed.
¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Reactions: notforhire

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So, I contacted Samsung today via chat. No luck with pushing the trade-in through.

CSR said they're really behind and since technically Samsung has till tomorrow, I'll have to wait until then and get back on chat to request.

After the rep looked at the status, he must have triggered a new email sent from Samsung telling me they extended the turnaround timeframe to 14 business days when it was 3 to 7 from the date of receiving. I mysteriously received the email shortly into the chat.

I really think they're just going to give me the runaround again tomorrow which will piss me off all that more so I'll wait till Tuesday of next week before messing with this.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I got an email that my Watch 5 was received by them on Aug 22. Then today, the 31st, I got an email basically saying, "These things can take a while to process."

So I still don't know when my credit is getting approved. I'm not too concerned since my Watch 5 was only like a month old and was pristine, and I have a video of me boxing it up, but still. How long can this take?

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I received an email today from Samsung with this:

"We're thrilled by the response to recent trade-in deals and appreciate your patience as we work towards processing your trade-in device. Given recent trade-in volume, please know it may take up to 14 business days after you shipped the device to receive your trade-in results."

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

"We're thrilled by the response to recent trade-in deals and appreciate your patience as we work towards processing your trade-in device. Given recent trade-in volume, please know it may take up to 14 business days after you shipped the device to receive your trade-in results."
Yeah, I got the same email.

Reactions: notforhire

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

My husband received the same email as a follow-up to the original 3 to 7 days estimated time email.
:confused:

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

I got that today, too.

Reactions: BerryBubbles